Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinsanity
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which new game are you excited about the most? ”

• JJP Pirates of the Caribbean 12 votes
      5%
    • JJP 5 (Toy Story or Willy Wonka) 54 votes
      22%
    • CGC Monster Bash RM 33 votes
      14%
    • AP Oktoberfest 7 votes
      3%
    • Stern Deadpool 17 votes
      7%
    • Stern Munsters 38 votes
      16%
    • Stern Steve Ritchie Unlicensed Theme 34 votes
      14%
    • Spooky Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle 11 votes
      5%
    • Deeproot Alice in Wonderland 14 votes
      6%
    • Deeproot J Pop (Raza or Magic Girl) 3 votes
      1%
    • Deeproot Fire and Brimstone (one Heck of a bible adventure) 2 votes
      1%
    • Other: write it in the comments 17 votes
      7%

(Multiple choice - 242 votes by 175 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gty_oktoberfest_bavarian_men_nt_120927_ssh (resized).jpg
    efcdd4365d378441012b584398cfd986 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

There’s a lot of excitement in pinball right now, with the prospect that there should be at least 11 new games shipping by this time next year, if not more. Not everybody is looking for NIB pins, but we can all appreciate the added variety and the competition that is spurring on new technology and creativity to the hobby (pre-order model mfrs excluded).

Whether to purchase or play on location, which new game are you most looking forward to seeing?

Please keep the comments positive. I am (and most others are) much more interested in what you want, as opposed to what you don’t want/like. I made this topic because I’m genuinely excited about all the games that have come out recently and just how many more there will be very soon. Thanks for voting and commenting!

Disclaimers: I am going off of what has been said by manufacturers on release dates of future games. Thus omitting Spooky licensed, Danesi#2, Homepin #2, Phenix PB, and Silver Castle PB. I am guessing for stern as to which titles next 12 months and operating on the assumption that they release at least 3 games, but all are “confirmed” titles. Deeproot has guaranteed at least 3 games by TPF2019 (only AIW is confirmed title), Jersey Jack said in an interview at Pintastic this weekend (with datechguyblog) he expects to ship 2 games next year, so likely one to happen in next 12 months. ACNC just started shipping last week, but I kept them in the poll because it’s not truly out in the wild yet.

#2 5 years ago

I'm also excited to see Cosmic Cart Racing fully developed on the P3, the online head-to-head capability is going to be interesting.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I'm also excited to see Cosmic Cart Racing fully developed on the P3, the online head-to-head capability is going to be interesting.

I almost included multi morphic, but their platform is out and I don’t know about something new coming, other than updates. It’s exciting that there is something for everyone!

#4 5 years ago

Baywatch imamaculate edition sans legs.

#5 5 years ago

shouldn’t this thread say which new rumor are you excited about, only 2 of the options are actually announced.

#6 5 years ago

Im waiting to see what Ritchie does. I think he is about to paint his masterpiece.....

#7 5 years ago

Easily the next couple jjp games will be huge.

#8 5 years ago

Is the Kingpin remake still happening?
    If so then thats my pick...

Edit: just re read...didnt see disclaimer

#9 5 years ago

Kingpin should be shipping if you are talking about a year from today.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

Kingpin should be shipping if you are talking about a year from today.

Awesome. The latest head2head pinball podcast made it sound like it would still be a while. I cant edit the poll, but you can write it in.

#11 5 years ago

For me Deadpool excites me the most. The other two games which also excite me are Munsters and Willy Wonka.

#12 5 years ago

Being such a fan of Scared Stiff, I really hope the new Elivira is good.

#13 5 years ago

Super excited about JJP Pirates. Played the prototype and it played great. The production games will probably play even better when the ramps are production and not prototype.
    The code is so deep and easy to understand. Super stoked!

#14 5 years ago

The Beatles by Kapow

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

Not everybody is looking for NIB pins, but we can all appreciate the added variety and the competition that is spurring on new technology and creativity to the hobby (pre-order model mfrs excluded).
    Whether to purchase or play on location

Yep, location play and shows will get the love as I can’t swing on these new releases.
    Most interested in Richies original, then AP Oktoberfest for some reason.

#16 5 years ago

Other: Stern TRON VE

EDIT: But on the poll I chose MB RM.

#17 5 years ago

Supreme II, Supremer

#18 5 years ago

Fellas, master Ritchie isn't getting any younger so we should appreciate every game he designs because the next one could very well be his last. I hope he knocks it out of the park! I'm excited, these original themes seem to rejuvenate designers. Look what DI did for Lawlor. All accounts say Pat was like a kid again designing that game, now let's hope Steve feels the same way and we get that "king of flow" magic one more time!

#19 5 years ago

Next year Jaws I would assume

Quoted from Frippertron:

Fellas, master Ritchie isn't getting any younger so we should appreciate every game he designs because the next one could very well be his last.

Wow.

#20 5 years ago

Like I'm supposed to get excited with those poll choices. lol.

How bout-

NONE OF THE ABOVE

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Like I'm supposed to get excited with those poll choices. lol.

I answered Deeproot of course. You have to admit o-din it's somewhat funny at this point to see idiots get ripped off the same way over & over again.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I answered Deeproot of course. You have to admit o-din it's somewhat funny at this point to see idiots get ripped off the same way over & over again.

I would be shocked if Deeproot has 'preorders' with anything other than a really small deposit.

#23 5 years ago

OK I'll admit, I went with Oktoberfest. Not that I'd buy one, but it is something I can relate to.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK I'll admit, I went with Oktoberfest. Not that I'd buy one, but it is something I can relate to.

Poll isn't exclusively for buying. It's for which game you want to play (whether purchased or on location).

Quoted from TheLaw:

I excluded preorder model manufacturers (exception of spooky). Deeproot will have games shipping at time of announcement. Keep it positive.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's for which game you want to play (whether purchased or on location).

Then put me down for Oktoberfest!

efcdd4365d378441012b584398cfd986 (resized).jpgefcdd4365d378441012b584398cfd986 (resized).jpg
    #26 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd hit that!

(and the girls look good too if you aren't into beer)

#27 5 years ago

Deeproot ??
    Have they built and games yet?
    Do they have any titles finalized for production?
    When will these games actually be available ?

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Deeproot ??

No, but they have one of the best sales pitches since Vonnie D.

#29 5 years ago

I voted for the next JJP but of course it will depend on what it's like.

Who cares, I'm getting AFM remake and TNA so I'm out of the running for quite a while.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Deeproot ??

TPF 2019 (March) is what they said, if not earlier. That's as of a week ago.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

TPF 2019 (March) is what they said, if not earlier. That's as of a week ago.

OK, has anyone seen and played any of their games?

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We can always count on o-din to make pinball more feminine.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

We can always count on o-din to make pinball more feminine.

Fixed it for you!

gty_oktoberfest_bavarian_men_nt_120927_ssh (resized).jpggty_oktoberfest_bavarian_men_nt_120927_ssh (resized).jpg
    #34 5 years ago

Elvira 3 is my top title I'm looking forward to

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

Elvira 3 is my top title I'm looking forward to

I had Elvira 3 in the poll when I started making it, but I'm not sure when it's being released.

If Elvira 3 is coming out soon, which Sterns will not be? My guess for next 3 is Deadpool, Munsters, and Steve Ritchie Unlicensed.

#36 5 years ago

Right now this second without a doubt the rumored CGC3 is my bet for new 2019 pin. I don't see them delivering Christmas 2018 but I am
    dedicated to have whatever it is LE with matching numbers.

If Iron Maiden is a glimpse of the future of Stern then I am excited. Not sure if I'm excited enough to have 2 NIBs in 2019 though.

JJP is going to have to reduce the weight of it's machines for me to have any interest going forward. I'll just dump 20 dollars into a game
    from time to time or pay to play somewhere else.

I am have considered thinning the herd a bit to make room for a Spooky title though.

Perhaps I just need to take advantage of a low rent space and see what havoc I can unleash here in STL. Perhaps I can continue my NIB velocity indefinitely.

#37 5 years ago

Deffinitely steve richie's in the next 12 months. I hope a Munsters is coming out, (and I hope its Black and white, but I wont hold my breath...) This is the first I've heard of a deadpool table. so I hope Elvira comes before him. (I bet she does too) <- theyed both appreciate that joke.

#38 5 years ago

I would normally say Spooky, but I feel like I've already seen a good chunk of Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle. Same thing with Monster Bash. I guess I kind of know what it's going to be. So with that said, I'm probably the most intrigued by Deeproot. I hope whatever they do or become it's for the good of the pinball industry. Also excited to see an unlicensed theme from Stern.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

JJP is going to have to reduce the weight of it's machines for me to have any interest going forward. I'll just dump 20 dollars into a game
    from time to time or pay to play somewhere else.

Why does the JJP machine weight exclude it from consideration?

#40 5 years ago

The only good thing Deepthroat has done is hire Steve Bowden. I wish him the best. He is a great guy, runs a great website, and is a fantastic player. Not for nothing, but I always thought he would end up at JJP, being a Jersey guy and having a good relationship with Jack.

1 week later
    #41 5 years ago

Kingpin is my write-in vote.

#42 5 years ago

Eddy's machine.

1 week later
    #43 5 years ago

What are all the rumored new games besides JJP Pirates?

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

What are all the rumored new games besides JJP Pirates?

The Munsters
    Deadpool
    Elvira 3
    The Beatles
    Scott Danesi#2

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Anonymouse:

The Munsters
    Deadpool
    Elvira 3
    The Beatles
    Scott Danesi#2

Thanks! Unfortunately, none of those themes are really resonating with me right now.

#46 5 years ago

Munsters and Elvira

#47 5 years ago

Stern Elvira since it’s like an original theme with humor and horror.

#48 5 years ago

Kingswood Country by Homepin is announced as game two with an open ended release date and 32 planned prototypes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-1-year-from-now-which-new-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.