Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by parsonsaj
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    polk (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bowtech.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago

this appears to be the most popular option out there and I have one and getting ready to buy another one. I have one question on the hook up. the manual reads terribly on hook ups. this is how I have mine for Deadpool and Metallica but a friend questioned how I have the wires. is this how everyone else has theirs? a friend helped me set mine up.

polk (resized).jpgpolk (resized).jpg
    #47 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Where do the wires go to in the pin? We need to know if it's a high level connection (i.e.) or low level (i.e. sub line out).

I have them clipped directly to the stock subwoofer

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Just a hunch, but you might be overloading the low-level inputs on the Polk, so that's why the connection sounds better using the speaker inputs. Since I don't have a Polk, one thing I don't know is how the Polk level control is wired in the low level circuit. Or you might have the connections wired wrong (i.e. speaker + not going to + input on the RCA connector). Again, just a guess.
    If you are a DIY kinda person and want to also use the sub's amp, then get one of these. It's purpose is to take a speaker level signal and convert it to a low level input (i.e. RCA). It also provides a balanced to unbalanced connection.
    Of course, if you are uncomfortable wiring yourself, support one the vendors in this thread that supplies a prewired kit! [quoted image]

You have my interest peeked, would I just tap into the wires right at the subwoofer just like I added to for the subwoofer?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bowtech.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-subs-99-on-amazon-2-10-2020?tu=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.