(Topic ID: 98098)

Polk PSW110 sub $99 closeout at Best Buy with free shipping.

By pinball_erie

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 218 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Industen
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-152.jpg
    image-428.jpg
    image-311.jpg
    close hooters.gif
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-236.jpg
    image-718.jpg
    image-317.jpg
    image-442.jpg
    image-361.jpg
    image-489.jpg
    image-314.jpg
    image-408.jpg
    image-996.jpg
    There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 9 years ago

Yep $99 US on Amazon and $100 to ship it to Canada, lol...

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Adapter plugs into factory sound board harness. One wire goes from adapter to a sub. If your using the pinsmx from the box one wire goes to the sub again only if your using the box for more then one sub.

image-513.jpg 176 KB

Thank you! Now how do I install a sub if I don't have this?

#53 9 years ago

Thanks OP just left Best Buy, ordered four. Gave the clerk the sku number and they came up $99.00, paid and out the door.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Ok.. These guys are thinking!!! Great Idea! I love it!!!! Product of the year right here. Simple yet Smart!

Thanks

#55 9 years ago

The deal is alive and well here in CA. Ordered a few in-store last night and they shipped today.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

The deal is alive and well here in CA. Ordered a few in-store last night and they shipped today.

So wait - you can go into a store that doesn't have it....and order it there & have it shipped?

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

So wait - you can go into a store that doesn't have it....and order it there & have it shipped?

Yes. That's exactly what I did.

#58 9 years ago

Yep my local store didn't have any but ordered it free shipping for me

#59 9 years ago

For you NJ guys:

BEST BUY
    125 18TH ST
    JERSEY CITY , NJ 07310

Has them in stock.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Yep $99 US on Amazon and $100 to ship it to Canada, lol...

If enough local guys wanted to get some subs, I could order them then put them on a pallet and ship them up.. Dunno if that would be helpful or not for you.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

Here is a scan of my order I did today, hope this helps you out.

Thank you for this information. I ordered 2.

#62 9 years ago

I called and followed pinball erie's instructions and was able to order a few.

Thanks!
    Ed

#63 9 years ago

for those of you in Los Angeles area, there is one on Ebay with a starting bid of $40. Auction ends in less than one day. Local pickup only...

ebay.com link: Polk PSW110 Powered Subwoofer

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#64 9 years ago

Goto Best Buy
    Goto Customer Service
    Goto Expresslane Pickup
    Tell them to look up sku#8826103 in the RSS system
    $99 done and done

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

Deliver overnight from Best Buy. Pinball_erie, you were right, no comparison between the two. Totally worth the extra $10. Now I've got 200 watts instead of just 100. Plus the size and weight 33lbs is perfect for blow your mind sound! I seen that other one and it was nice, but this is perfect! Thanks for the hook up!

image-933.jpg 212 KB

Awesome brothah! I'm gonna hit BB tomorrow. Hopefully they still have em in stock at the warehouse.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

I ordered the above 5 subs today at 11:30 and just got my email confirmation they have already shipped, due to arrive on Tuesday. They are all coming out of Boston.

You're stealing my subs! LOL

Thanks OP and thumbs up for the heads up on this.

#67 9 years ago

Just called, no luck! That place sucks, Everytime I call or go their I leave aggravated...cant wait til they go under

#68 9 years ago

Got a sub from Best Buy, trying to hook it up to my Iron Man but all it's doing is making a loud humming/thrumming sound. I am clueless about this tech shit. Someone please help

image-408.jpgimage-408.jpg image-996.jpgimage-996.jpg
    #69 9 years ago

Tried again 40 minutes on the phone via Pakistan.Nope.Called a different local store.Yes they were available this morning when I called the store that had them.All gone now.None in the region.Strike 3.#$&*!

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Got a sub from Best Buy, trying to hook it up to my Iron Man but all it's doing is making a loud humming/thrumming sound. I am clueless about this tech shit. Someone please help

For T3 (Stern game), I just removed the cabinet speaker (bottom one that faces the ground), then I took those two wires and plugged them into "Input" - one in black other in red.

Boom - done.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Tried again 40 minutes on the phone via Pakistan.Nope.Called a different local store.Yes they were available this morning when I called the store that had them.All gone now.None in the region.Strike 3.#$&*!

Read the thread. Lol.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

You got the wrong connection. Use speaker wire. Run it from the sub in the cabinet (hook one lead to one lug, the other lead to the other lug), then run it to your external sub. 30 seconds, simple.

#73 9 years ago

Carl...do you really think I didn't.Yes I Explained everything about Expressway,RSS,Clearance ect,etc.And really I can't take you serious looking at your avatar......lol.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

You need to hook the sub up to the speaker in the cabinet. Easiest way is to crimp alligator clips to some speaker wire. Clip each lug onto the speaker in the bottom of the cabinet and run speaker wire out of cabinet using the hole that the power cord comes out of. Hook the wires to one side (red and black near bottom) of the speaker input on your sub. If you are still confused, I can upload pictures.

Note: each sub can be used for two pins, one on the left speaker input and one on the right.

#75 9 years ago

So annoying, I took back the speaker wires in favor of this subwoofer cable thinking the pinnovators board was where I plugged it into. I'm an idiot.

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

image-996.jpg 113 KB

image-408.jpg 227 KB

Unfortunately you are using the wrong wires. It's a 3.5mm output not a RCA so it's grounding. We sell with our sub kits a 3.5 mm cord 12' long and a 3.5 x RCA for the sub adapter for the end of the 12' cord...it would work perfect if u used the right connections. If you don't want to wait u can pick them up at radio shack, Home Depot, or best buy

image-314.jpgimage-314.jpgimage-489.jpgimage-489.jpg
    image-442.jpgimage-442.jpgimage-361.jpgimage-361.jpgimage-317.jpgimage-317.jpg

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

So annoying, I took back the speaker wires in favor of this subwoofer cable thinking the pinnovators board was where I plugged it into. I'm an idiot.

U plugged into the right connector, just using the wrong wire.image-236.jpgimage-236.jpgimage-718.jpgimage-718.jpg

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Carl...do you really think I didn't.Yes I Explained everything about Expressway,RSS,Clearance ect,etc.And really I can't take you serious looking at your Avatar......lol.

Do you want me to buy you one or two?

Stay Puft

#79 9 years ago

Oops. Double post

#80 9 years ago

Buddy of mine went out and got the right cords. Sub sounds amazing!!!!

#81 9 years ago

Thanks you guys!!

#82 9 years ago

Making it too complicated with all those wire adapters and plugs, just buy a spool of red/black wire two alligator clips (per machine), clip red to red side of cabinet woofer, black to black and run the wire out the lower vents to the sub and put the red to red clip and black wire to black clip under the input area on the subwoofer. Each sub can handle two pins and takes 5 minutes to do.

#83 9 years ago

Death...You're killing this thread.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Making it too complicated with all those wire adapters and plugs, just buy a spool of red/black wire two alligator clips (per machine), clip red to red side of cabinet woofer, black to black and run the wire out the lower vents to the sub and put the red to red clip and black wire to black clip under the input area on the subwoofer. Each sub can handle two pins and takes 5 minutes to do.

Yep, why is it getting soooo complicated. Just make sure to buy a sub with speaker level inputs. The Polk does!

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Absolutely. It really is that simple.

#86 9 years ago

Just picked up the last one around me... Guy was really nice. Showed up as $249 but I mentioned he should look in his system and it showed up immediately for $99. It wasn't even on the floor... it was up high on a shelf, needing the large ladder thingy.

Anyway, it's at home... haven't hook it up yet. Going to try it with IJ first.

... Altan

Here is a pic... It's not small!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#87 9 years ago

Does it seem cheap?

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

Does it seem cheap?

Sub has good reviews for a $250 sub. But it's just that... A $250 sub. For $99 it's a great deal. And no, it doesn't seem cheap for a $250 sub.

#89 9 years ago

For extending the bass on a pinball machine, which has a pretty lousy signal to begin with, these (or the model 10s) are just fine. A really good sub can cost $3k and up, but anything more than the Polks is almost certainly overkill for a pin.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from xfassa:

Goto Best Buy
    Goto Customer Service
    Goto Expresslane Pickup
    Tell them to look up sku#8826103 in the RSS system
    $99 done and done

You guys are my heroes! I went to the store, they said it came up as $250...I said "look it up in the RSS system" hoping that would make sense...she says "Oh yeah, they're $99"

I ordered 4 lol

#91 9 years ago

Sold out here.

#92 9 years ago

Thanks again OP. I ordered 2 and they'll be here next week.

Quoted from Craig:

Sold out here.

They may be sold out in the store. They were at my store too. But they can order it for you and they will ship it to your home for free!

I'd go back and tell them to ship it to my home. GL.

#93 9 years ago

I picked one up too, thanks. I did have to call in twice though so you just have to find the right person.

Did I need one? Nope. That's why I stopped going to slickdeals and fatwallet, I don't want the temptation!

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

They may be sold out in the store. They were at my store too. But they can order it for you and they will ship it to your home for free!

No, unfortunately. They checked with all of the warehouses that supply them, and all of the stock was already accounted for. That's okay. I already have three subs, and this just saved me some money.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You guys are my heroes! I went to the store, they said it came up as $250...I said "look it up in the RSS system" hoping that would make sense...she says "Oh yeah, they're $99"
    I ordered 4 lol

That's what happened when I went up the second time, feels good to actually win once in a while !!

#96 9 years ago

When I was there, they had PSW-111's available on sale for $126. I asked what the difference was, guy says, it probably doesn't rattle as much. LOL Seriously?

Erie, I gotta tell ya, I love your Avatar. Cracks me up EVERY time I see it!

#97 9 years ago

EDIT: Never mind!

#98 9 years ago

Generally speaking, Polk subs stink compared to others if you are in the market for home theatre purposes. They make good other speakers, though. For pinball machines, I think most anything would be decent.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

Generally speaking, Polk subs stink compared to others if you are in the market for home theatre purposes. They make good other speakers, though. For pinball machines, I think most anything would be decent.

I have Klipsch speakers and subs for my home theater set-up. To say that they pound is an understatement.

Polks are excellent for pins. Inexpensive yet very effective. You can't go wrong with them for pin use.

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Death...You're killing this thread.

LOL, that's the story of my life um I mean demise.

There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-psw110-sub-99-closeout-at-best-buy-with-free-shipping/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.