Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kramer.gif
    basscab (resized).jpg
    SCREEN 2020-07-01 alle 12.15.20 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holminone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I've been watching the price of my go-to subwoofer on Amazon lately and it seems to be stuck at $129. I broadened my google search a little and found this on Ebay:
    ebay.com link » Polk Audio Psw10 Black 10 Monitor Powered Subwoofer New
    I suspect this is a scam since it is obviously too good to be true. I've had good luck with getting refunded for purchases that never shipped in the past, so I took my best shot at it... will report results.

The PSW10 is a royal piece of poo. Bloaty, boxy, not fast. The only people who want one are pinball people. I have one sitting OUTSIDE near my garbage cans. I'll practically give it away. $39 is more than reasonable. Only fools would pay $129. I bought mine on craiglist like 5 years ago for $50.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Not... fast? I must not be enough of an audiophile to perceive speaker speed.

I compared it back to back against this pv1d I have. The Polk is boxy low frequency noise. Drums didn’t sound like drums. The underpinning rumbling of the echo of the crowd forget about it. Speed was the word that came to mind because there is a surprising amount of analog detail in bass. It was great on my sttng though. Cream Live at Royal Labert Hall. Not so much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holminone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-psw10-too-good-to-be-true-?tu=holminone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.