Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kramer.gif
    basscab (resized).jpg
    SCREEN 2020-07-01 alle 12.15.20 (resized).png

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

I've been watching the price of my go-to subwoofer on Amazon lately and it seems to be stuck at $129. I broadened my google search a little and found this on Ebay:

ebay.com link: Polk Audio PSW10 BLACK 10 Monitor Powered Subwoofer NEW

I suspect this is a scam since it is obviously too good to be true. I've had good luck with getting refunded for purchases that never shipped in the past, so I took my best shot at it... will report results.

#2 3 years ago

Doubt it is valid - only 2 reviews despite "multiple sales" and his EBay account is registered in Italy

#3 3 years ago

I just said screw it and bought it. for that price, I'm good taking the risk. I'm protected by ebay and paypal so why not!!! thank you for the link!!!

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

only 2 reviews despite "multiple sales" and his EBay account is registered in Italy

And those reviews are for purchases, not sales. SOOOO fake!

#5 3 years ago

that's ok. I will get my money back if it doesn't come. worth a shot

#6 3 years ago

The guy keeps slowly bumping up the total quantity available, too, which is another red flag for this being a scam. I am OK with having the $39 at risk for a few days, though, on the off chance this is actually legit...

#7 3 years ago

I bought a number of them for less than $50 from Craigslist. Just have an ongoing search and they pop up often.

#8 3 years ago

has to be a scam, shipping on these has got to be close to $30 for a non-dealer

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

The guy keeps slowly bumping up the total quantity available, too, which is another red flag for this being a scam. I am OK with having the $39 at risk for a few days, though, on the off chance this is actually legit...

It's not legit. You asked us. We told you. You know it's too good to be true. We confirmed this. You bought it anyway.

Now you are gonna spend the next week in this thread trying to convince yourself it's real like the guy who bought the $70 Batman 66.

May as well dispute that charge now.

#10 3 years ago

You can find really good deals on used ones if you search on craigslist, Facebook, etc ... I picked up one in near perfect condition for $40, and several others in the $50-$70 range.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not legit. You asked us. We told you. You know it's too good to be true. We confirmed this. You bought it anyway.
    Now you are gonna spend the next week in this thread trying to convince yourself it's real like the guy who bought the $70 Batman 66.
    May as well dispute that charge now.

Well in my defense I WAS pretty sure it was a scam when I took the chance on it. However, there is a lot more of a possibility that this is real than the BM66 guy's deal was!

I feel certain that I will be disputing the charge, but until then it is like I have a lottery ticket in hand that might be the winning Powerball ticket this week.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I've been watching the price of my go-to subwoofer on Amazon lately and it seems to be stuck at $129.

I just got a used one through Amazon as suggested by the folks at Pinnovators. It was listed as "good" condition.

After close inspection, i found a small (small) scratch on the side. It also did not come in the factory box. $90 and free shipping. Works perfect.

Hope your lottery ticket pays off, though!

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I just got a used one through Amazon as suggested by the folks at Pinnovators. It was listed as "good" condition.
    After close inspection, i found a small (small) scratch on the side. It also did not come in the factory box. $90 and free shipping. Works perfect.
    Hope your lottery ticket pays off, though!

2 of my 3 former PSW10 purchases have been the "used" ones from Amazon, with the 3rd one being new and on sale for $79. The "used" ones that I got came in original packaging and were totally indistinguishable from a new product.

Unfortunately, they do not seem to have any reasonably priced used ones available right now...

#14 3 years ago

Mine says that it will be delivered by July 16th. if this really does get shipped, it will only take a few days to get to me so I will be watching but most likely I will be filing a dispute.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Mine says that it will be delivered by July 16th. if this really does get shipped, it will only take a few days to get to me so I will be watching but most likely I will be filing a dispute.

I must be lucky, mine is scheduled to arrive on July 9. I guess I will know it is a scam before you do!

#16 3 years ago

I see no feedback as a seller on Ebay and he only has 2 transactions, where I am assuming he got paid quickly.
    Also says that he has sold 46 of them, so where is all that feedback?
    Looks suspicious to me, based on the price.
    I would avoid sellers with this type of history on Ebay.

#17 3 years ago

I get that logic and typically I do. it is a gamble but a protected gamble. if I get it, then its a killer deal. if I don't, I get my money back. oh well, can't lose.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I see no feedback as a seller on Ebay and he only has 2 transactions, where I am assuming he got paid quickly.
    Also says that he has sold 46 of them, so where is all that feedback?
    Looks suspicious to me, based on the price.
    I would avoid sellers with this type of history on Ebay.

The 46 qty was what he had for this particular listing... though it started out as 39 and he kept bumping it up one or two at a time to make it look like they were almost sold out.

I can't see any evidence that he's ever sold anything before this listing.

#19 3 years ago

It's probably a hacked account. Once this guy collects enough cash or is shut down he will continue selling a high demand item for a too good to be true price. Otherwise good luck, hope it's for real!

#20 3 years ago

It’s marked shipped but no tracking info yet. We shall see

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I've been watching the price of my go-to subwoofer on Amazon lately and it seems to be stuck at $129. I broadened my google search a little and found this on Ebay:
    ebay.com link » Polk Audio Psw10 Black 10 Monitor Powered Subwoofer New
    I suspect this is a scam since it is obviously too good to be true. I've had good luck with getting refunded for purchases that never shipped in the past, so I took my best shot at it... will report results.

The PSW10 is a royal piece of poo. Bloaty, boxy, not fast. The only people who want one are pinball people. I have one sitting OUTSIDE near my garbage cans. I'll practically give it away. $39 is more than reasonable. Only fools would pay $129. I bought mine on craiglist like 5 years ago for $50.

#22 3 years ago

I bought used/ returned from amazon for $65 a few months ago. Reason for return was box was damaged. It was perfect cond when I got it

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

It’s marked shipped but no tracking info yet. We shall see

Mine is marked shipped now too. I messaged him and asked for tracking info

#24 3 years ago

Any response for tracking info?

#25 3 years ago

Pay attention here, Based in Italy but they don't ship to Italy?!

Really hard to believe.

SCREEN 2020-07-01 alle 12.15.20 (resized).pngSCREEN 2020-07-01 alle 12.15.20 (resized).png
    #26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Any response for tracking info?

Total silence so far. To be expected, if this is a scam, so he can leg it out until after the projected arrival date before we file claims against him.

#27 3 years ago

Well should I start a claim? Just got an email from ebay stating that they removed the product due to concerns to sellers account.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Well should I start a claim? Just got an email from ebay stating that they removed the product due to concerns to sellers account.

I was just going to ask you what your strategy was... obviously I got the same email. I like how they say "hey you might still get your item" which I construed to be their attempt to keep me from filing a claim just yet. My instinct is to go ahead and start one rather than waiting for my target delivery date.

#29 3 years ago

I may wait a day or two to see if anything happens or responses. May give it to Friday. oh well, I was hoping this was real but may have been just to good to be true

#30 3 years ago

You guys keep saying it’s a “lotto ticket” but it just seems like a waste of time to me.

You’d have a better chance of “winning” by buying an actual lotto ticket and it would take less time.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys keep saying it’s a “lotto ticket” but it just seems like a waste of time to me.
    You’d have a better chance of “winning” by buying an actual lotto ticket and it would take less time.

Levi, you speak the truth!!! I knew it was a longshot going in... had the price been > $40 I would not have taken the risk.

Back to searching for them on Amazon and on Facebook Marketplace... some guy in the local marketplace has one for $40 but it's the cherry finish instead of black so it would not conform with my other 2.

#32 3 years ago

True Levi-but like parsonsaj said, its 40 bucks. I know I will get my money back if it was fake but wanted to give it a shot if it was true.

#33 3 years ago

Italy + Ebay = SCAM the majority of the time.

In one of my other hobbies it is so bad that no product goes to Italy unless payment is made up front and cleared before shipping. Some shady stuff with tracking makes it difficult to follow up on fraud cases.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from holminone:

Bloaty, boxy, not fast

Not... fast? I must not be enough of an audiophile to perceive speaker speed.

#35 3 years ago

looks like we have to wait 10 days from purchase to request the refund.

#36 3 years ago

probably a scam, that link is dead.

#37 3 years ago

Bax1 I already filed my claim and have been refunded. I wouldn't bother waiting the 10 days that the rules indicate. I guess it is special circumstances when they have to delete someone's account....

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Levi, you speak the truth!!! I knew it was a longshot going in... had the price been > $40 I would not have taken the risk.
    Back to searching for them on Amazon and on Facebook Marketplace... some guy in the local marketplace has one for $40 but it's the cherry finish instead of black so it would not conform with my other 2.

Even if you did get something that said "Polk" on it, it would have been some ultra cheap knockoff that would have melted down as soon as you turned it on. You get what you pay for.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

bax1 I already filed my claim and have been refunded. I wouldn't bother waiting the 10 days that the rules indicate. I guess it is special circumstances when they have to delete someone's account....

ok cool will do that now

#40 3 years ago

did you call or use the app?

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

did you call or use the app?

I used the app. They turned it around in < 2 hours...

#42 3 years ago

i did a cancel order through the app so will see what they do

#43 3 years ago

I have the opportunity of a lifetime for two savvy guys such as yourselves, have you ever heard of such a thing as a timeshare?

#44 3 years ago

Never thought I would see a race to see who gets scammed first on a white van speaker sale. Only on Pinside! This made my afternoon.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I have the opportunity of a lifetime for two savvy guys such as yourselves, have you ever heard of such a thing as a timeshare?

I have but I’m already part of a vacation club which is waaaaaaay better

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Now Now... It's nice to Polk fun at people that are having issues!

#47 3 years ago

I once bought a windows 10 activation key off eBay for less then $5. They immediately emailed the code. I quickly used it to activate windows...it worked. Less then 30 min later eBay deleted the item listing.

Good thing I used an old email that’s not linked to anything important.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Not... fast? I must not be enough of an audiophile to perceive speaker speed.

I compared it back to back against this pv1d I have. The Polk is boxy low frequency noise. Drums didn’t sound like drums. The underpinning rumbling of the echo of the crowd forget about it. Speed was the word that came to mind because there is a surprising amount of analog detail in bass. It was great on my sttng though. Cream Live at Royal Labert Hall. Not so much.

#49 3 years ago

Nobody expects the Polk to be an audiophile grade sub for $100. It's perfect for pinball, though.

#50 3 years ago

Well, I thought I should give this a shot--I mean, how bad could it be...right? The sub arrived yesterday none the worse for wear. Actually works pretty good! Just need to tighten the chain back up a bit.

basscab (resized).jpgbasscab (resized).jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-psw10-too-good-to-be-true-?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.