Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by nerbflong
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

This afternoon I am picking up a used PSW10.

Can someone direct me to the link where this has been answered before (I tried to search), or outline for me again how to hook up 2 pins.

Think I would like to hook it to my IJ and STTNG since they sit next to each other.

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

IJ to right speaker-level input.

STTNG to left speaker-level input.

Or vice-versa.

#3 8 years ago

That sounds pretty straight forward - I assume leave the low pass around 100 and phase at 0 degrees?

Ill try it tonight.

Thanks

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

IJ to right speaker-level input.
STTNG to left speaker-level input.
Or vice-versa.

Do you always have to power both games for the sub to work?

Pinnovators has a mixing kit that will allow four games to work with one sub woofer and allows games to play independently or together with no negative effect on bass.

They provide an auxiliary sound board that connects inside the backbox board directly out to the Polk SW10.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Do you always have to power both games for the sub to work?
Pinnovators has a mixing kit that will allow four games to work with one sub woofer and allows games to play independently or together with no negative effect on bass.
They provide an auxiliary sound board that connects inside the backbox board directly out to the Polk SW10.

Nope you don't need both turned on. Set the power switch to Auto and it will turn the Sub on as soon as you power up either game.

#6 8 years ago

So I looked it up last night as suggested by blackjacker. Either pin would power the sub woofer, it seemed to sound OK even when both pins were on, but I need to try it some more since I only had about 30 minutes after I got it hooked up last night.

So I can't yet decide if I like the effect enough to extend it to any of my additional pins. The sub was barely used, still in the original box, and only $40 on CL, so I figured it was worth the experiment.
I selected the IJ and the STTNG and it seems to sound better on the STTNG. Not sure if some of my other pins would've been a better choice, but I can play around with it later.

#7 8 years ago

I have my sub hooked up to AC/DC and TRON, and by far TRON sounds superior. Some games are going to sound better than others with a powered sub IMO. I'll prolly try it out on KISS soon, as the Spike sound system seems to be better than the previous system.

#8 8 years ago

You will get a much larger bass response from any Sam system stern to a powered sub over any Wms game. Regardless of if you use my kit to hook up your sub or not

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

You will get a much larger bass response from any Sam system stern to a powered sub over any Wms game. Regardless of if you use my kit to hook up your sub or not

I have your kit on The Shadow and it's a phenomenal improvement.

You don't realize how flat the game is without the bass - TS just BOOMS with power now.

I have it on AC/DC too, and it's great. But I thought the net improvement on TS was better (perhaps coming from a lower starting point).

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You don't realize how flat the game is without the bass - TS just BOOMS with power now.
I have it on AC/DC too, and it's great. But I thought the net improvement on TS was better (perhaps coming from a lower starting point).

I looked into becoming a vendor for Polk to sell the psw10 on our website... My cost from Polk was no where near the crazy discounts we see every 6 months on newegg/Amazon....

#11 8 years ago

The regional rep told me to wait for Amazon sales and buy those in bulk it's better then the prices he could give me lol

#12 8 years ago

So I picked up another used subwoofer on CL. BIC America 100w. My plan was to connect it to my MM and my LOTR, which are on a different wall, side by side. I assume no problem mixing a Stern with a Williams?

#13 8 years ago

No problem at all.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

TS ROCKS with a good subwoofer on it. This game has the deepest bass on any game I have a sub hooked up to. Just amazing! (Sam, WS, Spike!) The cheap $99 polks are good but a good sub with better low end response really goes well on the Shadow!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 64.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Plymouth Meeting, PA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Hartford, CT
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.