(Topic ID: 143213)

Polk PSW10 (cherry) $88 sale on Newegg.com today!

By crwjumper

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tadowhere
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

krazy.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    20140812_144628.jpg
    20140812_144700.jpg
    2eeLY4e.png
    image.jpg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Capture.jpg
    image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Craig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago

It's a good price. I already have enough of these to have one under every other solid-state pin (I share them between pins), or else I'd buy more. They're perfectly adequate for this use. Really excellent music subs cost in the thousands of dollars, so you have to be realistic about what you are getting. For under a hundred bucks, it's a heck of a deal.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

I personally wouldn't use for home theater or 2-channel, but these subs are absolutely perfect for pinball, especially at $89 and below. I seriously recommend scooping these up while you can, because they're near EOL (end of life).

The sub in my main music system cost about $3k, and I think these are just fine for pins. Most pinball sound isn't very good to begin with, so it is overkill to attach a very good sub to them.

1 week later
    #151 8 years ago

As I said earlier, you have to bear in mind that the sub can't be any better than the audio signal feeding it, and pins have notoriously poor audio. The sub can do only so much.

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

I disagree if you are referring to an external powered sub

I don't think we actually disagree about the value of these subs. I own several of them and appreciate what they do for my pins. They are definitely worth buying. That being said (and in response to one or two posts above), they are not high-fidelity speakers, but neither is the audio coming from a pin hi-fi. I was simply trying to say that one has to have realistic expectations. I have a massive Martin-Logan sub on my main stereo system, but it would be gross overkill to add that to a pin. But do most pins benefit from a powered sub? Absolutely.

#157 8 years ago

My main amp is a McIntosh MC-402, which puts out 400 watts per channel at 0.005% THD. The speakers are Martin-Logan Summits with a M-L Descent i sub. It would be fun to hook a pin up to that system, but it's in another part of the basement. I did download the high-resolution reissue of Tommy, however, and that sounds spectacular.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Craig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-psw10-cherry-88-sale-on-neweggcom-today?tu=Craig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.