(Topic ID: 111077)

SOLD: Polk PSW-10 Subwoofers (Price Lowered, NY Metro)

By pinster68

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by parkway
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-31.jpg
    image.jpg
    Option 2.jpg
    Option1.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

Is there any advantage to using the rca input rather than speaker input?

If you are connecting to the terminals on the cabinet woofer, my guess is that it's preferable to use the speaker level inputs (spring clips) on the sub, not the line level inputs (RCA connectors). That's how I have all mine hooked up. I'm hardly an expert in this area, but I would think you would only want to use the line level inputs on the sub if you are tapping into the signal before the amp.

#18 9 years ago

lllvjr,

I'm glad you chimed in. Can you give us some insight into what I was saying about the line level and speaker level inputs?

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

That cable takes speaker level (high wattage) inputs and converts it to an RCA (low wattage) input. That probably works fine at low volumes, but I would be concerned about overloading the input circuit at higher volumes. The subwoofer is designed to accept speaker level inputs through a set of dedicated terminals (that convert speaker level inputs to signal level inputs). That's how I do it and that's how I would recommend that to any future owners of these fine units.

So it sounds like you agree with me. I didn't think it seemed like the best idea to take the post-amp signal coming from the cabinet woofer and run it into the line level input on the sub.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do you leave the pinball wires connected to the speaker inside cabinet and just attach the alligator clips for sub or should you remove the original wiring to the cabinet speaker? Also wires from cabinet to Sub should they be connected to the speaker input or speaker output?

Leave the existing wires in place, and connect the alligator clips to the same terminals. Make sure to keep track of which one is positive and which one is negative, then run the correct wires to the positive and negative speaker level inputs on the sub. It doesn't matter whether you connect them to the right or left input. Either will work, and you can use both sets of inputs to hook up two different games to the same sub.

1 week later
    #38 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I'll do one price drop. $65 each. That's $34 less than Amazon. Essentially new subs ... not a scratch and barely used.

That's a steal. I'm shocked these are still available. My only guess is that people are hesitant to buy them because of the cherry color.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-psw-10-subwoofers-for-sale-3-available-ny-metro?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.