Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dtown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

$79 with free shipping. Limit 1 (only found this out as I purchased one and then decided to go ahead and get a 2nd)

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_1

#2 9 years ago

Just ordered one for my TWDLE ... thanks for posting!

#3 9 years ago

How many of these things do they still have in stock? Seems like they are always on sale. If I keep buying one every time they go on sale, I won't need a mixer any more.

#4 9 years ago

I got one I'm going to use for my Tron and STLE. On the other wall I have LOTR and TSPP. I don't this TSPP would benefit at all but I have a Hobbit on pre-order too. I wonder if LOTR benefits much from one.

#5 9 years ago

Ordered one for my Getaway. I thought about a Pinball Pro or FF speaker kit but they're twice as much, use the game's amplifier and, unless I uninstall them, they go with the machine. You can always rotate an external sub. Just my feelings on the matter.

#6 9 years ago

These are the best bang for your buck, have them on every machine I own.

#7 9 years ago

Nice. Finally got a sub on sale pricing.

#8 9 years ago

Just ordered one, nice price but I still got hit with a $6 sales tax. When did they start adding tax? I live in MN.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just ordered one, nice price but I still got hit with a $6 sales tax. When did they start adding tax? I live in MN.

Amazon's been charging tax in PA for a couple years now. Sucks.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

How many of these things do they still have in stock? Seems like they are always on sale.

They must sell a shitload of them. It's their number one seller in the entire subwoofer category.

#11 9 years ago

also good deal, PE has the dayton 12 going for 109 bucks. feel the need to really rattle the rafters?

#12 9 years ago

Now $99

#13 9 years ago

Interesting. I wonder how many they sold at $80. I'm guessing thousands of them.

#14 9 years ago

Dang. Sorry I missed that.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Interesting. I wonder how many they sold at $80. I'm guessing thousands of them.

I got one
    Finally METLE & Tron LE won't have to share a sub anymore

#16 9 years ago

Cherry color is still $79.99...GO Get em!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

This was on the news awhile ago.
    Amazon was building a distribution center in MN thus allowing sales tax. Or Gov Dayton voted it in as a new tax law for online commerce.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

Cherry color is still $79.99...GO Get em!

Thanks!

#19 9 years ago

Looks and, more importantly, sounds good. I bypassed the cabinet speaker and ran it through a line filter to get a "cleaner" signal.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

Looks and, more importantly, sounds good. I bypassed the cabinet speaker and ran it through a line filter to get a "cleaner" signal.

image.jpg 172 KB

Hmmmmm, a line filter. Is it really needed? More info please.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmmm, a line filter. Is it really needed? More info please.

Obviously, you don't have to have one but, the way I see it, is without one you're reamplifying an already amplified signal. And the amplifier in this game ain't putting out 50w RMS. Also, it was easier to just take the female spade connectors off the bottom speaker and attach them to the male ones that were already connected to my filter. Then just take a left and right RCA cable (most guys got these laying around gathering dust) and complete the connection from the filter to the back of the sub.

I turned the crossover on the sub all the way up to 160 hertz. The bottom speaker isn't really needed anymore and you're relieving the pin's amp of a little stress.

How loud do you turn your sub up? With this setup, you shouldn't need to turn it up that much. I think I have mine at the 11 o'clock position and it's plenty noticeable. And mine's on tile over top of concrete. Not a great conductor of bass.

Edit: when I say filter I mean converter. Sorry if it I was confusing anyone. This is what I'm using.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-35-Variable-Line-Converter/dp/B001EAWS3W/ref=sr_1_1

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-psw-10-on-sale-at-amazon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.