Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RussG
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_3053.JPG
    sub.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Take a look at this product - more bang for the buck:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-629

I've owned one for a couple of years and for the money, this thing is a beast.

#52 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing - just ordered 2 for my pinball room.

#53 11 years ago

Bought two and hooked one up to BK2k. I have to turn the volume all the way up on the sub to get sound from it. Is that typical ?

#54 11 years ago

No. Check your crossover settings.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

I keep imagining the difference on my F-14...

10 bucks at a flea market. 100 watts and sounds good. 100_3053.JPG100_3053.JPG

#56 11 years ago

I picked one up. Cant wait to hear on STTNG!

#57 11 years ago

Just hooked mine up to Demolition Man tonight, sounds great. My volume is up about 75% though. Added enough extra oomph to make me happy with the purchase. I'll try to connect my F-14 tomorrow.

#59 11 years ago

Just put one on my BSD, wow! Ordered another three in addition to the first two, so I can cover 10 machines.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Just put one on my BSD, wow! Ordered another three in addition to the first two, so I can cover 10 machines.

Haha!, I hooked up one to Tron last week, Freaking awesome!!!, and the other one last night to Avengers and Xmen, good stuff!!!

If anyone has a Tron, get a sub! I think that adds a ton of enjoyment due to the style of music on it.

#61 11 years ago

I was bored and my sub arrived a week before my ACDC premium (that I bought it for). I figured Id just TRY it on my NGG to mess around.

Well, this isn't a game that I wold think had a lot of lows to take advantage of, but the sound was dramatic! Multi-ball, Hole in one challenge, etc ROCK the house now!

End result. Ordered another one for ACDC- this one is staying on NGG (and maybe split to another pin or two to experiment)

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I was bored and my sub arrived a week before my ACDC premium (that I bought it for). I figured Id just TRY it on my NGG to mess around.
    Well, this isn't a game that I wold think had a lot of lows to take advantage of, but the sound was dramatic! Multi-ball, Hole in one challenge, etc ROCK the house now!
    End result. Ordered another one for ACDC- this one is staying on NGG (and maybe split to another pin or two to experiment)

Yep, these things sound amazing. They really fill the room nicely with sound, plus rattle the house

If anyone wants to order them, today is the last day of the sale and promo and if anyone already ordered some and want more, the promo won't work as it was one time per customer upto 5 units so just make another newegg account under a wife's name or etc and just order again, works like a charm.

#63 11 years ago

I hooked up my F-14 today and I'm not all that satisfied. The volume is set perfect for Demolition Man, but I think it needs more gain for F-14. So, I guess F-14 will need its own sub instead of sharing. Maybe the next sale or a flea market catch like Wayout found.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

If anyone has a Tron, get a sub!

Indeed! Wow what a difference!

#65 11 years ago

I was too slow. It says out of stock now.

#66 11 years ago

So I hooked up one of these two to pins (new sterns) and if they are both not turned on I get a hum if they are both hooked up no problem... just got that is everything ok feeling?

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-Practice:

I was too slow. It says out of stock now.

Give 'em a couple weeks, and keep checking Amazon in the meantime - Newegg and Amazon tend to alternate with sales on that sub at $80 every couple of weeks.

#68 11 years ago

Discountinued on NewEgg now.

Interesting.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-external-sub-7999-newegg/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.