(Topic ID: 110018)

Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer --$99 + plus free shipping

By Chet

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

99.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    PSW10.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Amazon is advertising the PSW10 Polk subwoofer for $99 plus free shipping today. Is this a good deal? I am in the market for two of them.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Amazon often has it priced at $99, and it occasionally dips below that. Last year, it dropped to $69 on Dec, 2. I suspect we will see a similar deal this year. Here's a chart showing the price fluctuations over the last year ...

PSW10.PNG 88 KB

Damn, Do you work for NASA Gweempose?? That is an awesome chart! LOL!! Thanks for feedback. Based on that chart, it looks like time is ripe for at least some kinda of price drop. I think that I will be patient and see if they offer any deals around TG or early Dec. Meanwhile, everybody keep pinging their site, sometimes they offer specials based on how many pings they get... HAHA!!

#9 9 years ago

ON sale today for $89.99...

#11 9 years ago

Yep, it changed in last few hours. Maybe because I keep pinging the site. HAHAHA...

#17 9 years ago

Lorenzo's plug and plug mod is super clean to install and works great. I purchased two of his back cabinet sound board MODS one for ACDC Premium and one for IM and a mixer board. The mixer board works good also. I am running both games thru the mixer board to an 8" Dayton powered sub, but plan on upgrading to a Polk Audio PSW10.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Evan55:

No, not a good deal, there are MUCH better subs for about the same money. See the other polk sub thread for details

There alot of Polk sub threads on here, any specific ones that has other sub alternatives discussed? thanks,

1 week later
    #26 9 years ago

Opinions? which is better Polk or Dayton 10" subs, or Polk or Dayton 12" subs? i have a Dayton 8" and it sounds pretty good. Any significant difference between Polk and Dayton subs?

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

dayton 12 going for 109 bucks at PE might be a happy grab too

Free shipping too since it >$98.00 Would 12 inch be that more of a difference in sound on somethng like ACDC or IM compared to a 10 inch Dayton. That 12'" is huge..

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I ordered one a couple weeks ago for $100. When it went on sale for $90, I had them give me $10 back. Unfortunately, they will only do one price adjustment on an item, so I can't get another $10 off.

How low will it go, or is this it?

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

an 8 is about 50 sq in cone area, a 10 about 75, a 12 about 113, for starters.
    most efficient inexpensive woofers I play with are MCM paper cone cloth surround, their 8's are good for about 93 db/w/m, their 10 about 95, and their 12 about 97, efficiency goes UP with size for them to a point.. theres a potential for the 12 being near 3x louder than an 8 with the same input power, and a 12 is also more likely physically capable of reaching down closer to 20hz. the 38 sq in difference between a 10 and a 12, is nearing the surface area of an 8" woofer that'll do lots, is a pretty fair way of ballpark estimating the potential difference-comparison of how theyed feel.

Thanks for the information, did not realize that there was that much of a difference in speaker cone area between 10 and 12. Also interesting that the lower frequency response is more for the 12 inch.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Thanks for posting the link. Best $79 pin upgrade ever. Tales now has some real bass!

DSC_0002.JPG 332 KB

Nice looking speaker you have there. What's that big honkin black one on the side for?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-audio-psw10-subwoofer-99-plus-free-shipping?tu=chet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.