4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jean-Luc-Picard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

99.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    PSW10.PNG

#1 4 years ago

Amazon is advertising the PSW10 Polk subwoofer for $99 plus free shipping today. Is this a good deal? I am in the market for two of them.

#2 4 years ago

Amazon often has it priced at $99, and it occasionally dips below that. Last year, it dropped to $69 on Dec, 2. I suspect we will see a similar deal this year. Here's a chart showing the price fluctuations over the last year ...

PSW10.PNG

#3 4 years ago

they often go down to $79 on Amazon and I have even gotten them for $69 a couple times. Be patient. I have 5 that I have purchased through them

#4 4 years ago

I believe Newegg Electronics also has them on sale often but it seems they usually offer a mail in rebate.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Amazon often has it priced at $99, and it occasionally dips below that. Last year, it dropped to $69 on Dec, 2. I suspect we will see a similar deal this year. Here's a chart showing the price fluctuations over the last year ...

PSW10.PNG 88 KB

Damn, Do you work for NASA Gweempose?? That is an awesome chart! LOL!! Thanks for feedback. Based on that chart, it looks like time is ripe for at least some kinda of price drop. I think that I will be patient and see if they offer any deals around TG or early Dec. Meanwhile, everybody keep pinging their site, sometimes they offer specials based on how many pings they get... HAHA!!

#6 4 years ago

in the market for one also...I pinged them 5 times a day this last week, yesterday the dam thing was $114 in black....when it dips below 99 I will grab one.

that is a cool graph....I want to see your garage picture is everything in its Place, lol

#7 4 years ago

couldn't handle it anymore hit the buy it now button .....murphy loves to screw with me the next thing it would be sold out if I waited hoping for a 69 deal

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from smoke:

couldn't handle it anymore hit the buy it now button .....murphy loves to screw with me the next thing it would be sold out if I waited hoping for a 69 deal

Keep an eye on the price. If Amazon lowers it within 14 days of when your item shipped, they will refund you the difference ...

amazon.com link »

#9 4 years ago

ON sale today for $89.99...

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

ON sale today for $89.99...

Good eye! They must have just dropped it. I'm positive it was still $99.99 when I checked earlier.

#11 4 years ago

Yep, it changed in last few hours. Maybe because I keep pinging the site. HAHAHA...

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Yep, it changed in last few hours. Maybe because I keep pinging the site. HAHAHA...

I just bought one from Amazon last week for $99.99. Your pinging saved me $10.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

crazy it dropped right after I bought one.........I pinged them about adjusting my cost, I could not locate the lower price tab no matter where I searched, thnx for the heads up on that!.

I cant wait for T-Rex to Roar through this thing........

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from smoke:

I pinged them about adjusting my cost, I could not locate the lower price tab no matter where I searched ...

I couldn't find it either. It used to be right there on the order details screen. I ended up doing a live chat.

#15 4 years ago

Just hooked my new PSW10 up to my TWD LE. It sounds killer!

#16 4 years ago

If anyone is interested in a plug n play hook up for their new sub hit me up.

#17 4 years ago

Lorenzo's plug and plug mod is super clean to install and works great. I purchased two of his back cabinet sound board MODS one for ACDC Premium and one for IM and a mixer board. The mixer board works good also. I am running both games thru the mixer board to an 8" Dayton powered sub, but plan on upgrading to a Polk Audio PSW10.

#18 4 years ago

No, not a good deal, there are MUCH better subs for about the same money. See the other polk sub thread for details

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Evan55:

No, not a good deal, there are MUCH better subs for about the same money. See the other polk sub thread for details

There alot of Polk sub threads on here, any specific ones that has other sub alternatives discussed? thanks,

#20 4 years ago

I just picked up a perfect condition polk PSW10 on CL yesterday for $35. I also found a JBL 12inch powered SUB for $40 before. Once in a while a good deal will pop up on CL for subs as well.

1 week later
    #21 4 years ago

PSW10 79.99 free shipping on Amazon

#22 4 years ago

NICE! another 10 bucks back......hooked mine up today, decent mod on a JP

#23 4 years ago

Thanks! Nice deal with Amazon Prime 2 day shipping as a bonus.

#24 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up tb0ne!

#25 4 years ago

Ordered, now I just need my MMR to connect it to

#26 4 years ago

Opinions? which is better Polk or Dayton 10" subs, or Polk or Dayton 12" subs? i have a Dayton 8" and it sounds pretty good. Any significant difference between Polk and Dayton subs?

#27 4 years ago

dayton 12 is a great sub. to get the equivalent in a polk you have to spend twice as much.

#28 4 years ago

Just picked up another psw10 off Amazon for $79.95

#29 4 years ago

dayton 12 going for 109 bucks at PE might be a happy grab too

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

dayton 12 going for 109 bucks at PE might be a happy grab too

Free shipping too since it >$98.00 Would 12 inch be that more of a difference in sound on somethng like ACDC or IM compared to a 10 inch Dayton. That 12'" is huge..

#31 4 years ago

Heck yeah I got my first external sub, can't wait to hear it with my games!

#32 4 years ago

I ordered one a couple weeks ago for $100. When it went on sale for $90, I had them give me $10 back. Unfortunately, they will only do one price adjustment on an item, so I can't get another $10 off.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I ordered one a couple weeks ago for $100. When it went on sale for $90, I had them give me $10 back. Unfortunately, they will only do one price adjustment on an item, so I can't get another $10 off.

How low will it go, or is this it?

#34 4 years ago

Black PSW10 back up to $99 but the cherry one is still $79 amazon.com link »

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Free shipping too since it >$98.00 Would 12 inch be that more of a difference in sound on somethng like ACDC or IM compared to a 10 inch Dayton. That 12'" is huge..

an 8 is about 50 sq in cone area, a 10 about 75, a 12 about 113, for starters.
    most efficient inexpensive woofers I play with are MCM paper cone cloth surround, their 8's are good for about 93 db/w/m, their 10 about 95, and their 12 about 97, efficiency goes UP with size for them to a point.. theres a potential for the 12 being near 3x louder than an 8 with the same input power, and a 12 is also more likely physically capable of reaching down closer to 20hz. the 38 sq in difference between a 10 and a 12, is nearing the surface area of an 8" woofer that'll do lots, is a pretty fair way of ballpark estimating the potential difference-comparison of how theyed feel.

#36 4 years ago

Newegg had the PSW10 at $50 during the holiday shopping season last year. Hopefully they will do it again. Hell of a deal for $50.

#37 4 years ago

Thanks for posting the link. Best $79 pin upgrade ever. Tales now has some real bass!

DSC_0002.JPG

#38 4 years ago

I received TWO 10 dollar credits the last week after buying one...

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

an 8 is about 50 sq in cone area, a 10 about 75, a 12 about 113, for starters.
    most efficient inexpensive woofers I play with are MCM paper cone cloth surround, their 8's are good for about 93 db/w/m, their 10 about 95, and their 12 about 97, efficiency goes UP with size for them to a point.. theres a potential for the 12 being near 3x louder than an 8 with the same input power, and a 12 is also more likely physically capable of reaching down closer to 20hz. the 38 sq in difference between a 10 and a 12, is nearing the surface area of an 8" woofer that'll do lots, is a pretty fair way of ballpark estimating the potential difference-comparison of how theyed feel.

Thanks for the information, did not realize that there was that much of a difference in speaker cone area between 10 and 12. Also interesting that the lower frequency response is more for the 12 inch.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Thanks for posting the link. Best $79 pin upgrade ever. Tales now has some real bass!

DSC_0002.JPG 332 KB

Nice looking speaker you have there. What's that big honkin black one on the side for?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Nice looking speaker you have there. What's that big honkin black one on the side for?

Some Klipsch RF-7s for the tunes.

3 months later
    #42 4 years ago

So I wanna get this sub and amp combo and install it in my freightliner I have a 1500 watt inverter... just want some easy plug and play boomage can this be done simply like a splice off my car speakers or do I need extra equipment to do this.... this is not my personal truck so I cant to alot of mods.. like car audio just looking for some more bass

#43 4 years ago

benjerman, DUAL makes some fairly decent powered car audio subs (12v) in same 100 buck price range, you just plug into head unit's RCA sub out jacks, might be easier for what you have in mind.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from benjerman:

So I wanna get this sub and amp combo and install it in my freightliner I have a 1500 watt inverter... just want some easy plug and play boomage can this be done simply like a splice off my car speakers or do I need extra equipment to do this.... this is not my personal truck so I cant to alot of mods.. like car audio just looking for some more bass

Depends on the car and how the speakers are wired up. It won't sound great though.

#45 4 years ago

I would love to pick one of these up. Hopefully they go on sale again soon!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from gern:

I would love to pick one of these up. Hopefully they go on sale again soon!

Look around at the stores too. I picked up an Open Box one for 50 bucks.

#47 4 years ago

Look on craigslist for used subs. I see them all the time for under 50 bucks.

2 months later
    #48 3 years ago

99.JPG
    $99 - Free Shipping
    Polk Audio PSW10 CHERRY 10" Monitor Powered Subwoofer Speaker
    ebay.com link » Polk Audio Psw10 Cherry 10 Monitor Powered Subwoofer Speaker

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 8.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside