Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rvdv
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSC_0782 (resized).JPG
    14729472634671906987377 (resized).jpg
    0825161523 (resized).jpg
    0825161522 (resized).jpg
    20160820_212733_(resized).jpg
    1471650768787-284671402_(resized).jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

Sale is over.

#52 7 years ago

On eBay, direct from Polk(refurbished w/ warranty)...
    ebay.com link: ebay.com

Normal price is $99.99 but they must have seen the lower price here and matched it. You can also save 5% if you buy 2 or more.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

On eBay, direct from Polk...
    ebay.com link
    Normal price is $99.99 but they must have seen the lower price here and matched it. You can also save 5% if you buy 2 or more.

those look to be refurbished

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

On eBay, direct from Polk...
    ebay.com link

That's refurbished.

#55 7 years ago

Mine is coming tomorrow

#56 7 years ago

Could I hook this up to a pinball table and a home stereo at the same time provided I'm only using one or the other?

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Junglist:

Could I hook this up to a pinball table and a home stereo at the same time provided I'm only using one or the other?

yes

#58 7 years ago

I ordered one this morning and it will be delivered tomorrow! Thanks for posting OP!

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

those look to be refurbished

I just assumed the Adorama ones were too. If they are new, whatta hell of a deal!

I bought two from the eBay link(@$99.99 ea) and they look new and sound great.

Added "refurb" lingo to my above post.

#60 7 years ago

Fyi,your not getting new for 80 bucks,these are refurbs from polk factory that goes out to distros. They do have new but not at that price.
    Mike

#61 7 years ago

Not to steel the thread, but to offer an alternative with double the power at a $10 saving. This is a great sub (I have three connected to pins) and MCM Electronics is a great place to buy.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/50-16380?scode=DD1683&trk_msg=45G70KHP42TK549V7F8P663PTG&trk_contact=SU6GQP6HB4PBFLT2AO2T7GBL6C&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=50-16380&utm_campaign=DD1683

#62 7 years ago

^^^

It seems to offer just about the same specs as Polk even has the audio auto detect. For 69.99 plus 7.99 ground saver shipping this might be a great deal to try out. That's still half the cost of most speaker upgrade kits on the market today for pinball.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Fyi,your not getting new for 80 bucks,these are refurbs from polk factory that goes out to distros. They do have new but not at that price.
    Mike

Gotta disagree with you there. The SKU is for new, not refurbished. Pretty sure they'd have to clearly identify if they are refurbs.

#64 7 years ago

And $80 for these new is not uncommon, they're on amazon a couple times a year for that or cheaper.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from icust298:

And $80 for these new is not uncommon, they're on amazon a couple times a year for that or cheaper.

Yes they go on sale for $80 once a year from Amazon... I called Polk to become a distributor for psw10 subs on our website... Polks cost to me was $100 plus shipping... So $110 each if I bought in bulk... I asked how they can be on sale at Amazon for $79.99 and he couldn't give me a straight answer. Basically it's Amazon getting special treatment. So I didn't bother becoming a vendor. If I could get them for $79.99 I would have sold them at cost on my site just to get foot traffic on other stuff.

#66 7 years ago

Guys, trust me on this and get the MCM. I have both the MCM and Polk subwoofers connected to my pins. You'll get better performance, more features, more power and spend less money on the MCM. It's a NEW quality subwoofer from a reputable company.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/50-16380?scode=DD1683&trk_msg=45G70KHP42TK549V7F8P663PTG&trk_contact=SU6GQP6HB4PBFLT2AO2T7GBL6C&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=50-16380&utm_campaign=DD1683

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

There's also this for a plug n play solution to hook up a external sub to any Wms Bally or stern game. Just pick the correct adapter on the website. Thanks
    http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38&osCsid=235bnkhag8gpbv3cobdh4ja0i2

That's what I have on my subs and I can tell there's a big difference for the good with the sound.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

So $110 each if I bought in bulk... I asked how they can be on sale at Amazon for $79.99 and he couldn't give me a straight answer

Amazon must buy in bulk by the thousands giving them a better rate.

#69 7 years ago

I bought 2 of the polks to try,I just thought the price is too good to be true ..especially because they are on ebay( linked earlier) from polk factory at 80-- but clearly say reman.
    Mike

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I bought 2 of the polks to try,I just thought the price is too good to be true ..especially because they are on ebay( linked earlier) from polk factory at 80-- but clearly say reman.
    Mike

I agree the price is almost too good to be true but they should be new. If they are not I will let everyone know as soon as mine arrives today. Have you had a sub hooked up to any of your pins before, Polk or otherwise?

#71 7 years ago

I have 4 polks hooked up and love them, but just went on o the MCM website and if your order is $199 you get free shipping so you could get them delivered for 69.99 each. looks like a great deal too!

#72 7 years ago

Also if anyone lives near a Frys Electronics (Best Buy on steroids) they stock the Polk PSW-10 and will price match internet prices!! Thats where I bought mine and they price matched Amazon no problem!! Get it instantly!! hahah

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I agree the price is almost too good to be true but they should be new. If they are not I will let everyone know as soon as mine arrives today. Have you had a sub hooked up to any of your pins before, Polk or otherwise?

My sub from Adorama arrives today too. Will see if there's any difference between it and the eBay refurbs I have already.

#74 7 years ago

UPS just stopped by... yep, brand new from Adorama.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

UPS just stopped by... yep, brand new from Adorama.

Good to know... mine will be here Monday !!

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from RVApinballer:

What are some games this sounds particularly good on?

Of all the games I've heard with an external sub, Tron sounds the best. The start to light cycle multiball is off the hook!!!

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Nope..this will be my first bright idea with making more NOISE
    Mike

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Mike

You are in for a treat!!!

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Mike

I'd start with both knobs ( Vol & Freq ) at halfway and work it from there and get ready to hear and feel pinball.

#80 7 years ago

I am gonna get it hooked to MET first to see what all this excitement is about,as that machine is the "competition machine" between my wife and I. Tracking # says will be delivered tomorrow.
    Mike

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I have on my subs and I can tell there's a big difference for the good with the sound.

Yup. Thank you

#82 7 years ago

How do you hook up 2 games? I have one on my ACDC and another on Metallica. How do I connect a 2nd game to each sub? Can both play at the same time?

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

How do you hook up 2 games? I have one on my ACDC and another on Metallica. How do I connect a 2nd game to each sub? Can both play at the same time?

Yes 2 will work at once.

1471650768787-284671402_(resized).jpg1471650768787-284671402_(resized).jpg

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

Each sub has 2 input channels, but I wouldn't play both machines at the same time.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Each sub has 2 input channels, but I wouldn't play both machines at the same time.

You can actually play four games on one sub playing at the same time. We do it at every show in our booth

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Yes 2 will work at once.

If your using rca inputs from my kit it's one rca from one game to the red and one rca from the other game to the white

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

You can actually play four games on one sub playing at the same time. We do it at every show in our booth

So you put two on each channel? If so although playing one at a time, don't the cabinet sub of the machine that's off get some audio back spilling thru it's speaker?

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

So you put two on each channel? If so although playing one at a time, don't the cabinet sub of the machine that's off get some audio back spilling thru it's speaker?

We use our pinsmx box with our adapters.. Has four isolation transformers isolating the games from each other, also allows you to set the gains from each game to the sub to tailed how strong a signal you want to the sub from each game... It's great if your playing one two or four at a time. Our adapters run the signal from each game right from the sound board before it goes to any speakers.
    Thanks

#89 7 years ago

Sorry to jump in late but Amazon is known to take a loss on certain items at certain times of year to lure you into buying other shit.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Not to steel the thread, but to offer an alternative with double the power at a $10 saving. This is a great sub (I have three connected to pins) and MCM Electronics is a great place to buy.

Thank you! Just ordered one.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Thank you! Just ordered one.

Give us your thoughts when you get that model in and hooked up.
    Mike

#92 7 years ago

I just ordered one too. Not sure I really 'needed' it but figured it wouldn't hurt to own another sub just in case.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Yes 2 will work at once.
    If your using rca inputs from my kit it's one rca from one game to the red and one rca from the other game to the white

Sweet I am probably gonna do that in the near future
    Thanks

#94 7 years ago

Quick update,got home and what do I see....YES two polk boxes waiting for me! That was some fast shipping.Brought them in the house and will tinker in the morning after my coffee. Thanks to OP for the heads up on sale and link.
    Mike

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Quick update,got home and what do I see....YES two polk boxes waiting for me! That was some fast shipping.Brought them in the house and will tinker in the morning after my coffee. Thanks to OP for the heads up on sale and link.
    Mike

Thank you to OP as well. Ordered a sub Thursday, it showed up Friday afternoon. Hooked it up to IM and LOTR, it sounds awesome.

I've got the bass cranked way up right now, like teenager in a Civic at a stoplight bass level, so I may turn it down a bit later. Regardless, super easy to set up, and it defintely adds a lot to the machines. Thanks again!

20160820_212733_(resized).jpg20160820_212733_(resized).jpg

#96 7 years ago

Another update,did the easy alligator to the speaker hook-up(for now) today on MET and with knobs at 3/4's I was having a great time. Oddly enough I was putting up better overall scores. I think it's a worthwhile adventure at $80-- but has me thinking what would a 12"subwoofer sound like? Wonder if that could be scored on the cheap. My own greed.
    Mike

#97 7 years ago

Has anyone done this on older games? Thinking the bass thump on gorgar would be pretty sweet with a sub. Would shake the house!

#98 7 years ago

I can't see any reason why you can't hook to an older machine,it's almost to easy.
    Mike

#99 7 years ago

Arrived today! Connected it with simple speaker wire to both TZ and ST:Prem

Started up TZ, nice sound on some shots made and background attract music - thinking this was a good deal

Fired up ST & was immediately blown away by the difference that sub made - FANTASTIC deal.

Donated $10 to Pinside in the name of the OP - Thanks Man!

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from rbissett:

Donated $10 to Pinside in the name of the OP - Thanks Man!

You could've bought the MCM sub for $10 less and donated $20 to Pinside!

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-audio-psw10-10-subwoofer-7999/page/2?hl=rbissett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.