2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have one of those polk external subs and had 2 pins connected to it a few years ago with no problem. DP and JD.
    Sold JD and now have Stern SW connected and as soon as I turn one of the pins on, the other pin that's still powered off gets this horrible feedback blowing through the speakers. Happens vice versa too.
    Everything is hooked up right. Is there a setting that I need to change?
    Any help would be appreciated!

#2 2 years ago

How do you have the pins connected to the sub?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from BirdForce1:

I have one of those polk external subs and had 2 pins connected to it a few years ago with no problem. DP and JD.
    Sold JD and now have Stern SW connected and as soon as I turn one of the pins on, the other pin that's still powered off gets this horrible feedback blowing through the speakers. Happens vice versa too.
    Everything is hooked up right. Is there a setting that I need to change?
    Any help would be appreciated!

How are you connecting the pins to the sub? you have a grounding issue, and I am guessing you are using alligator clips. My suggestion is to get the pinnovators pinsub product to eliminate cross over issues like you are having.

#4 2 years ago

Connecting with alligator clips. I'll pick up one of those pinnovators pinsub solutions.
    Thanks for the feedback!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

How are you connecting the pins to the sub? you have a grounding issue, and I am guessing you are using alligator clips. My suggestion is to get the pinnovators pinsub product to eliminate cross over issues like you are having.

Do you know if I could just buy the $35 kit with the one connection with RCA and use my other pin with alligator clips?

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

How do you have the pins connected to the sub?

The reason I asked is because I had this exact situation with a Polk PSW10 sub.
    I had the sub connected with alligator clips to the cabinet speaker on each game, connected to the left and right speaker level inputs on the sub.
    On one of the two connections, I had accidentally reversed the positive and negative connections between the game speaker and the terminals on the sub.
    This caused feedback through the other game when one was on and the other not.
    I had no idea that polarity would matter in that way, but it apparently does.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

The reason I asked is because I had this exact situation with a Polk PSW10 sub.
    I had the sub connected with alligator clips to the cabinet speaker on each game, connected to the left and right speaker level inputs on the sub.
    On one of the two connections, I had accidentally reversed the positive and negative connections between the game speaker and the terminals on the sub.
    This caused feedback through the other game when one was on and the other not.
    I had no idea that polarity would matter in that way, but it apparently does.

That's exactly how I have my 2 pins hooked up. I thought MAYBE I had the polarity wrong, but it did the same thing for whatever reason when I switched them. Odd it didn't happen with my Judge Dredd.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from BirdForce1:

Do you know if I could just buy the $35 kit with the one connection with RCA and use my other pin with alligator clips?

I wouldn’t, you risk the same feedback I think, but I’m not entirely sure. Contact pinnovators and ask, they respond quickly.

I bought their four pin device and use pinsubs on each game. I like that I can control volume independently for each game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-2-pin-feedback and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.