(Topic ID: 207852)

Polk 10" Subwoofer on sale at Amazon

By GGBGROUP

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190717_162633 (resized).jpg
    #2 6 years ago

90.....not bad but usually goes to 80-70 on sale.

with expert installation it's 200 plus!!!

#3 6 years ago

Have five pins connected to one of these. Sounds great!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from loneranger:

Have five pins connected to one of these. Sounds great!

Don't the bass frequencies coming in from so many machines clash with each other? I know you can do two... haven't seen where someone did five though. Interesting.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Don't the bass frequencies coming in from so many machines clash with each other? I know you can do two... haven't seen where someone did five though. Interesting.

can't have all on at the same time - one by one. I couldn't deal with that so each machine of mine gets it's own sub. The sub is prob one of the biggest add ons for any machine.

#7 6 years ago

Great add on, always a game changer, thanks for the tip

#8 6 years ago

Best of all time was when Newegg had them for $60 each shipped. I bought five.

1 year later
    #9 4 years ago

Edit: All sold out for the day.

#10 4 years ago

Ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

#11 4 years ago

Just got 3 more.

#12 4 years ago

That's a decent price, but you can pick these things up really cheap on craigslist, Facebook, etc ... I just bought one last week in mint condition for $60, and I got one a couple years ago for $40.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

That's a decent price, but you can pick these things up really cheap on craigslist, Facebook, etc ... I just bought one last week in mint condition for $60, and I got one a couple years ago for $40.

I agree, as I've bought 2 used from CL and one new from Amazon. At $90, it's hard to beat. I got two from CL for $50 and $60. They come up...ish. You need to be patient, or you could spend the extra $$ for new. With prime, it's 2 days shipped, so really hard to beat at $90.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

For sure. I've got small town problems. The amount of people and listings in a 30 mile radius for me is a bit different than for you. Sometimes, it's easier to just pay Amazon to ship it to me.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

$90 again.
    amazon.com link »
    "Earn 6% back on purchases this Prime Day with your Amazon Store Card and an eligible Prime membership."
    That would be about $5.40 back if you went that route.

I’m not seeing that price...

#16 4 years ago

back up to $114.81

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I’m not seeing that price...

Must have just changed. I saw it at $90. Amazon might have sold out all of its stock and have moved to a different seller.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Must have just changed. I saw it at $90. Amazon might have sold out all of its stock and have moved to a different seller.

I have an app that checks for price drops on Amazon. Happened today around 8:14 AM central. Looks like they are gone. Happy Prime Day!

Amazon warehouse has them at $83.70, if you're interested.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002KVQBA/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc

#19 4 years ago

Looks like it is back. Your Mileage May Vary.

Prime Exclusive Deal
    As a Prime member, this deal is exclusively for you.

https://smile.amazon.com/Polk-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_3

#20 4 years ago

got one

#21 4 years ago

Bring the boom. Which games should I hook them up to? already have one on MET
    20190717_162633 (resized).jpg20190717_162633 (resized).jpg

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Which games should I hook them up to?

The newer games tend to have more bass in the soundtrack. I'd go with TWD, Iron Maiden & Deadpool.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Bring the boom. Which games should I hook them up to? already have one on MET
    [quoted image]

Each sub has a right and left input, so be sure to connect two games to each sub. Double your pleasure.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Each sub has a right and left input, so be sure to connect two games to each sub. Double your pleasure.

Good point. Three subs will allow you to hook up six games. FYI, if anyone needs some external subwoofer cables, I sell them ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1176-gweem-s-mods/02289-10-ft-external-subwoofer-cable

#25 4 years ago

Congo is pretty cool with the sub when the volcano blows.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I've done this and have to say, if people are playing both games at the same time, it sounds really muddy and crappy. Because of this, I've only connected 1 sub per game. you get much crisper sound from the sub.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I've done this and have to say, if you're playing both games at the same time, it sounds really muddy and crappy. Because of this, I've only connected 1 sub per game. you get much crisper sound from the sub.

I have not found this to be the case at all. I have two games hooked up to several subs, and they all sound fine. The sub is designed to play the bass from two channels at once. That's why there is a right and left input.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I've done this and have to say, if you're playing both games at the same time, it sounds really muddy and crappy. Because of this, I've only connected 1 sub per game. you get much crisper sound from the sub.

I physically cannot play two games at once.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I have not found this to be the case at all. I have two games hooked up to several subs, and they all sound fine. The sub is designed to play the bass from two channels at once. That's why there is a right and left input.

Then we'll agree to disagree

Quoted from gliebig:

I physically cannot play two games at once.

You don't share with others? I've edited it to clarify.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I've done this and have to say, if people are playing both games at the same time, it sounds really muddy and crappy. Because of this, I've only connected 1 sub per game. you get much crisper sound from the sub.

Same here. One sub per game, no mixing. I also like to tailor each games volume and cutoff frequency.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

Same here. One sub per game, no mixing. I also like to tailor each games volume and cutoff frequency.

That’s the bigger difference for me.

#32 4 years ago

Why am I only seeing $129? I’d snag another if it was cheaper.

#33 4 years ago

That’s a great deal on that sub. I contemplated buying one for each pin but came across the Pinnovators sub mixer and now I have 4 pins hooked up to 1 Polk sub. It works great and no issues with running all 4 pins at the same time. They also sell sound boards if you need it for the pinball sub out line. Some of the newer machines already have them installed. Just throwing it out there for anyone who doesn’t want to buy a sub for each pin.

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58&osCsid=47s58qsnb11kc1648tr8fpfqu0

#34 4 years ago

Here's a question for all of you. I have one of these hooked up to my NBA Fastbreak and it works great (with pinnovators mod). However, when I turn off the game, the sub gets an awful feedback, basically meaning it starts going very loud for quite a while even though the game is off. Has this happened to anyone else?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Here's a question for all of you. I have one of these hooked up to my NBA Fastbreak and it works great (with pinnovators mod). However, when I turn off the game, the sub gets an awful feedback, basically meaning it starts going very loud for quite a while even though the game is off. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sounds like you might have a ground loop. Try using a cheater plug (meant for plugging a grounded plug into an ungrounded outlet) and see if that helps. Pretty common problem with subs (well...not really a problem with the sub so much as with your house) in home theaters.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Why am I only seeing $129? I’d snag another if it was cheaper.

You missed Prime Day. It will most likely be back at this price again.

#38 4 years ago

that's a nice product, I wasn't aware of it. the only drawback it looks like is you have to hook the same type of games up to it (e.g., bw or stern); or can you mix and match?

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

that's a nice product, I wasn't aware of it. the only drawback it looks like is you have to hook the same type of games up to it (e.g., bw or stern); or can you mix and match?

I dont see why not I have...but you need to be able to output to the 3.5mm jack. I have pinnovators in all my games so wasn't an issue.

#40 4 years ago

I use this mixer with good results with my monoprice 12", sounds great. You can just get long RCA cables split them, wire one side to pin and other plug into mixer.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MX400--behringer-micromix-mx400-line-mixer

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Rob, I have the Pinnovator system on all my games, as mandelbloom said you can mix and match as long as the Stern or Williams has the 3.5mm cable going to the jack of the Pinnovators system. They work pretty well.

#42 4 years ago

Hi guys, for those of you using alligator clips off the speaker terminal. The sound and performance of the powered sub is 10x better when you come direct from the amp board with one of our sub adapters....if you currently use speaker terminals then switch to our adapter you will have to turn the sub down. Feel free to ask anyone who’s switched. It’s night and day difference. If you use our pinsmx box they have built in isolation transformers, you will not get a ground loop noise when connecting four games to one sub. Any questions or help just email [email protected]
    Thanks

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Hi guys, for those of you using alligator clips off the speaker terminal. The sound and performance of the powered sub is 10x better when you come direct from the amp board with one of our sub adapters....if you currently use speaker terminals then switch to our adapter you will have to turn the sub down. Feel free to ask anyone who’s switched. It’s night and day difference. If you use our pinsmx box they have built in isolation transformers, you will not get a ground loop noise when connecting four games to one sub. Any questions or help just email [email protected]
    Thanks

^^^ this... I would never come off the speaker terminals. The Pinnovators product that takes the line level signal and provides a simple plug in jack for a clean connection is the only way to go. The quality of the bass improves significantly. Highly recommended. I probably have a dozen of them

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

The Pinnovators product that takes the line level signal

Is this technically really what it does? I don't think so: it appears to just take the high level output and reduces it. IE. it doesn't do anything that a high level input on a powered sub does. But it seems a lot of people have trouble with the high-level input on their sub and plug a high level signal into the line level which is when you don't get the best results. That's when the reduction process helps and removes potential noise.

Personally, I've never had any issue using high level input on my Monoprice 12" and have no issue with audio quality or with mixing multiple machines together.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-10-subwoofer-on-sale-at-amazon?hl=tahitiansea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.