Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Plumonium
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 14.25.26 (resized).png
    Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 14.25.42 (resized).png
    Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 14.25.49 (resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    71f3KEqf7QL._SL1366__(resized).jpg
    025_(resized).jpg
    pyr_(resized).jpg
    4178cce1-667c-4795-9385-74803b078de4_(resized).jpg
    IMG_1945_(resized).JPG
    2d81jq0_(resized).jpg
    10916329_10202057578520020_4424144001964000828_o_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4993s_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Cool does that polish they very good ?thanks for the help

here is a comparison...2 days in walnut media and very light buffing...
    025_(resized).jpg025_(resized).jpg

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

On the right I see an original part with a protective chromate coating. On the left, coating removed.

But it sure looks good...

Quoted from Plumonium:

Any of you guys using this Tumbler:
    Frankford Arsenal Quick-n-Ez Case Tumbler
    amazon.com link »
    I think I read above not to buy it but it has good reviews on Amazon and is the cheapest as well.
    Any users?
    71f3KEqf7QL._SL1366__(resized).jpg

It works ok, I have used mine about 3 years now.....there are better out there but for the price that one is tough to beat...

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

What will a "better" Tumbler do better?

Should have clarified by better I mean larger...hard to fit some parts in this one...

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

You will see my detailed 1 star review on the product page for that item. It's a gamble as a purchase as the parts are very low quality, especially the motor bearings. Unfortunately my tub cracked as well. I have now moved on to a Thumlers Tumbler and am much happier.

how long before you started having issues?

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

if you're going to go for the HF one, definitely look at the 18 lb capacity tumbler vs. the 5 lb version. I had a 5 lb tumbler and had issues with 3 of them (all covered by warranty) within a year's time of each one (and gave up after the 3rd one died on me. with the 18 lb version, not only does it appear to be a much nicer and sturdier unit, it runs quieter (and obviously, holds a lot larger sized items)

my next one will be the 18lb. version ... I just keep waiting for my small one to crap out... good point about the noise as well

1 week later
    #115 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

my next one will be the 18lb. version ... I just keep waiting for my small one to crap out... good point about the noise as well

Well I guess I jinxed myself with this comment...my old tumbler has been dying a slow death the last 48 hours after being on about 3 weeks straight...I guess its time to upgrade

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Well I guess I jinxed myself with this comment...my old tumbler has been dying a slow death the last 48 hours after being on about 3 weeks straight...I guess its time to upgrade

Well in an attempt to keep from having down time I took my tumbler apart and lubed the bearings (the motor had stopped turning and was just kind of groaning)... It has been working great again now for 48hrs...

#127 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

The bearings seem to always go first and sometimes end up killing the motor. Replacing them with new higher quality bearings is a cheap and very effective way of extending the life of less expensive tumblers.

Exactly...until I get a chance to put in new bearings I have been putting a drop of oil on the bearing once a day and it has been working great.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polishing-tumbler?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.