Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6934 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170529_203814932 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170529_203338555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andyzola87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I've read that this might be related to the power on reset circuit. Anyone have experiencing fixing the issue by addressing the components of that circuit?

I think this is where you should focus your attention. I just fixed this same issue on my PF this week. I had the same symptoms as you: Game not booting regularly, scratchy loud speaker on startup, GI on but no displays. I replaced all my caps and resistors on my power supply (needed to be done anyways) and that did not fix the problem. I removed my CPU from the machine and bench tested it and it was still having the inconstant boot issue, so I knew my problem was on the CPU itself. Your problem is most likely cap C30 Which is part of the POR circuit. I pulled and replaced that cap with a 22uf 50 volt cap I had on hand and it fixed my problem. The cap I pulled from the game was out of spec reading 16uf which was not allowing the game to boot consistanly. I would start by replacing that one cap. It's easy to replace and most likely your issue IMO. However replacing all your Power supply caps is also a good idea.

IMG_6934 (resized).JPGIMG_6934 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andyzola87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-start-up-issues?tu=andyzola87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.