9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spiner.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Anyone know where to get one of these? I didn't even realize mine was missing until a played another machine at the expo this week...

#2 9 years ago

Tough as nails to find. There are repo stickers for it, but I've never seen the spinner fs sans for someone parting the pin out. Best of luck on the hunt!~SpOoKy

#3 9 years ago

I'm wondering if I could fabricate a replacement? Does anyone know if you just spin the poll (that the spinner should be on) does it actually do any? I spin mine before I launch the ball and nothing happens...

#4 9 years ago

PM Rick (PPS) and ask him if a repo is in the works.

#5 9 years ago

The spiner reacts to the density of the hit, then rewards you with the skill shot amount. Almost, in a different way, a vari-target reward on an older Gottlieb em. I can take a few pics of the underside, if you want, but PF is leaving this coming Sunday for something else. Is the wiring connected? It should light up the 5 or 6 scoring lights above the shooters lane.~SpOoKy

#6 9 years ago

There is an opto which advances the value with each revolution of the spinner target. So on the inside end of the pole or shaft there is an opto-interruptor, basically a disc with a notch out of it: Bay Area Amusements used to have it:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MX-03-8280

On mine the old op had made his own from a card stock disc with a notch that he epoxied to the shaft, not pretty, but I guess it worked! He also used the cover of a book as a replacement ramp entrance for the center ramp...

Good luck in your search, this part as well as the center ramp are very rare!

#7 9 years ago

I did have one of the opto interrupters for sale. I wasn't quite sure if I had sold it or not since at least half a dozen people contacted me about it and then just dropped off. I just looked and don't see it around so someone must have eventually bought it from me.

The hard to find spinner is basically useless without that (also hard to find) opto interrupter, but as PinZombie said....the interrupter should be able to be substituted with some creative engineering.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

FOR SALE !
is missing the plastic disc with a sector cut off which triggers the opto ,, but this can be easy manufactured PM me with a good offer

spiner.jpgspiner.jpg

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I just looked and don't see it around so someone must have eventually bought it from me.

I bought that from you Doug... A repo spinner target Opto assembly and board is available from Tony at Great Lakes Modular:

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

He has great customer service and makes a quality product. An intact spinner as the Doctor has above is almost unobtainium.

Vince

1 month later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-skill-shot-spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.