(Topic ID: 53823)

Police Force Pinball - car error 31? Help? Car won't back up on goes forward..

By Choggard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider choggard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

On my police force in switch test mode I am get a car error 31. So I ordered a new switch. The car isn't in the correct position. Does that mean the switch isn't working to stop the car?

Thanks in advance

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The belt that moves the car may be stretched and slipping.

Car is working, it's moving but the switches aren't stopping it..

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

It can be the relay for the car under playfiled.I had this problem before

I think it is the relay switches, but I've tried bending them and it doesn't seem to work.. I'll do more tomorrow..

#7 10 years ago

I manually put the car in the correct position, and you can see the front relay switch isn't closed.. When I bend it it still doesn't bend right. I need to see someone else's relay switch and how it's bent. I did tighten the belt too..

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago

I have a police car error on my machine and my motor works but when it moves it doesn't stop in the right position. It goes passed the point to hold the ball for multi-ball. When I look underneath the playfield I noticed a switch that the car hits but doesn't stop. I don't know if it's a bad switch or not? Also could someone post a picture of the belt underneath the playfield. Mine just doesn't look right...

Thanks in advance..

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

You get a photo yet choggard? If not, lmk. Replacing some ramps tomorrow, so I'll be under the ' cop cars' hood. Have fun~Spooky

No photo yet, thanks I need a photo of the pulley areas where the car runs. I think my switch are bad or something is not hooked up right.. Thanks in advance-Cory

#11 10 years ago

Just replaced both switches and the damn car still tries to drive down off the ramp.. Could it be a connector problem? If so I am not good at reading schematics.. Could someone tell me what connector I should be looking at..

Thanks in advance..

#13 10 years ago

In switch test it's just says car error 31...

#14 10 years ago

Car error up 31 and car error down 32

#16 10 years ago

Switch 45 is bad too...

#18 10 years ago

Alright fixed all switches, but the car only goes forward but not backwards.. Why would it not go backwards?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If power goes through a relay on a small circuit board, try reflowing the solder on that.
LTG : )

Could you tell me which connector would have to be reflowed? Not good at reading schematics..

Here's the manuals link

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1841/Williams_1989_Police_Force_Operations_Manual.pdf

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not connector.
If there is a small circuit board with a relay on it, for the motor. Pull that board and reflow the solder on the parts holding the relay to the board.

Okay where is that? I'll look.. Many thanks!!

#23 10 years ago

Not connector.
If there is a small circuit board with a relay on it, for the motor. Pull that board and reflow the solder on the parts holding the relay to the board.

Alright I see it, but it looks like it held on by solder in the middle of it.. That doesn't look easy to get off

image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 10 years ago

So take them off and resolder the joints where the connectors are at?

#28 10 years ago

Here's the back of the one on left.. Doesn't look to bad..

image.jpgimage.jpg

#29 10 years ago

I reflowed the points and it works! Thanks a lot!! I am so excited, I wasn't going to bed until I got it working..lol

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Here are a couple pics from my working Police Force, I have the machine open and if you want more I will gladly provide them to you.
The pics are the top and bottom switches for the moving car...

Thanks got it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider choggard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-pinball-car-error?tu=choggard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.