Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Wondering if anyone has a preference on these 2 machines I am thinking about adding.
Currently 1500 for the P.F and 2000 for Dr. Who
I see there are way more parts out there for the Dr. Who from Marco and such.
Just wonder about play factor on the 2.
Thanks

#2 12 years ago

Dr. Who is ridiculously fun. The sounds and music alone are worth it.

#3 12 years ago

You must be in IA

I have owned a Dr Who...fun game with the mini pf that raises but at $2k that is really high.
Never bought a PF but the one on CL for 1500 also seems high....the cracked ramp is an issue as last I knew they were not replacable.

Where you located at rajung?

#4 12 years ago

Doctor Who no question one the better older games in my opinion. Police Force is decent but that price is a little high. The DW should be in really good shape for that price as well

#5 12 years ago

I love DW, but 2k is way too much... at least in my part of the world. B_R just sold a really nice one for I believe $1600.

#6 12 years ago

police force is pretty one dimensional, just keep hitting the ramp in the middle of the playfield over and over. It's a 750-1000 game, unless it's exceptional.

#7 12 years ago

I'd go Dr. Who. I've never played it, but from what I've seen on youtube vids it looks way more fun than Police Force. And I've played Police Force.

#8 12 years ago

Where are you guys finding all these DW's?

#9 12 years ago

I bought an excellent DW for $1400 with no cabinet fade or wear.

#10 12 years ago

I sold my nice DW with LEDS for $1300 less than a year ago...DW seems to be fairly easy to find

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

DW seems to be fairly easy to find

compared to what? MB?

If you find one you don't want, i'd be much obliged for the lead.

#12 12 years ago

Police force was not fun for me. Dr. who was better.

#13 12 years ago

Davewth...will do. I bought one in IA a year ago, 6 month later there was one in an auction here and then now there is one on CL but super high at $2k. For a state with not a ton of machines coming up for sale that is pretty often to me

#14 12 years ago

I've played both and at those prices DW is clearly the better buy and better game in my opinion. The average price for a DW these days up in Canada is around $1600-1800 in nice condition. My friend Kev took this video of his PF which he just fully shopped before he sold it for $800cdn so $1500usd is way too much.

As you can see in this video it is all about the center ramp shot which dominates the play field. I think I hit it 12-15x in a row my first time playing it cause it feeds back to the flipper. There are some neat things such as the way multi-ball mode starts with the police car, which was suppose to the Batmobile but I guess Williams couldn't secure the license so they had to re-theme it to something generic. The siren topper is cool and can probably light up a room as much as F14 or HS. Also if your first two balls are miserable and on your third ball you hit the right ramp twice you can steal the highest score so make sure you go last.

While you are on my friend's channel check out his other vids, his latest one with Q*bert's Quest is pretty cool novelty game and I think he forgot to hook up his tilt bob

#15 12 years ago

I paid 700 for my PF. Put a couple hundred in it.probably could only get a 1000 for it, even here in California. I still like it. The ramps are available . Never played DW

#16 12 years ago

Police Force has similar gameplay to taxi. Instead of coollecting passengers , you capture the criminals and put them in jail to light the jackpot. You can also spell "police" and collect the 3 million top cop award. As previously mentioned you can score the unlimited millions by repeatedly hitting the center ramp. It also has a fun multiball police car toy that locks and delivers multiball into play. There is also the take high score feature where on the last ball you can overtake an opponent by hitting the right ramp twice in a row. Plenty of fun with a equally interesting art package. I wouldn't call it one dimensional at all. My suggestion to you is watch gameplay videos on YouTube and see which is more to your liking for the price .

#17 12 years ago

pinballer 22
you are correct, I am in (C.F) must have seen the same CL ad as I
That is most of the issue.Not many pins in the state.
So it appears the D.W is the better one and at 5 hundred over what it should be anywhere else in the states.
This would be my 4th pin , inc. Tommy,Close Encounters, and BK 2000 and am always worried about getting one that I regret, that as of yet hasn't happened.
Thanks all for the advice

#18 12 years ago

Go with Dr. Who.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-or-drwho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.