View topic image gallery

interconnect.jpg
J7 pins (resized).png
03_interconnect_board.jpg
02_manual.jpg
01_manual.jpg
IMG_4024 (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

Have a Police Force with lights not working. The existing connectors/pins aren't connected as shown on the schematic. Can someone take a picture showing the wires and colors/connectors on the interconnection board like this picture but with the connectors in place so I can see the wires? Thanks in advance.

IMG_4024 (resized).JPGIMG_4024 (resized).JPG
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

The existing connectors/pins aren't connected as shown on the schematic. Can someone take a picture showing the wires and colors/connectors on the interconnection board like this picture but with the connectors in place so I can see the wires?

Actually it looks like those wires are correctly placed. The manual has all the information that you need to figure out how things should be. Sometimes the manual should not be trusted but in most cases it is correct. In this one it is correct.

Here's the relevant page of the manual.

01_manual.jpg01_manual.jpg

Here's the specific sections for the header/connector that you are looking for.

02_manual.jpg02_manual.jpg

Here is your wiring with annotation.

03_interconnect_board.jpg03_interconnect_board.jpg

Looks correct to me. Your connectors are not in good shape and need to be replaced but the wires are in the correct order.

#3 1 year ago

I guess I am reading the schematic wrong? It looked to me that the connections were on J7 pins 1 through 6 on the schematic, but I see they are on pins 5 through 10 on the wiring chart. Can you please explain the wiring designations on the schematic? Thank you.

Oh yeah, I was planning to repin the burnt connectors!

J7 pins (resized).pngJ7 pins (resized).png
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Can you please explain the wiring designations on the schematic?

I am a little confused as to what you're asking but I hope this explains it to you.

interconnect.jpginterconnect.jpg

Connections on a schematic are not necessarily in consecutive or contiguous order. You must always check the actual pin number. Sometimes the schematics are done this way to reduce the overlapping lines representing the connections that can be much harder to follow than numbers in a different order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-need-a-backbox-picture and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.