(Topic ID: 250372)

Police force flipper help needed

By buffaloatx

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buffaloatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys, I recently picked up a PF, overall it's in good shape, but recently the flippers have started dying for no apparent reason.
I've checked the voltages to the coils when they are working, flippers read around 65 volts(not under load) When they die I'm not getting any voltage at the coils. I've tested all the fuses on the aux driver board (all of them tested good out of circuit) and re-flowed the solder on all of the fuse housings with no results. All of the IDC connectors are unburnt and the male pins look untarnished.
If I leave the game off for a day or two every thing seems fine for about a day or so before the flippers die again.
Any ideas?

#3 4 years ago

Thanks slochar, I failed to notice that the flippers went through the interconnect board. I'll do some digging and report back.

2 weeks later
#4 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay, the real job has kept me too busy to work on this.
So there were a few suspect solder joints I found on the interconnect board, but they were mainly on the switch rows and GI headers, but since I had the board out of the game I re flowed every header and fuse holder and put the board back in the game. So far both flippers are working and seem a bit stronger than before.
I'm going to wait until after our Jurassic Park Launch event this weekend to mark this one solved, if it can take the abuse of a 3 hour match play tournament, then I'll be fairly certain it's fixed.

#5 4 years ago

Final update, re flowing solder on both the aux power supply and interconnect boards seems to have done the trick. The game did not die during our matchplay tournament this past weekend.
Marking as solved.
Thanks guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buffaloatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-flipper-help-needed?tu=buffaloatx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.