• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by boagman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140906_005926.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spybryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Hello all, in progress with Police Force and have three weird problems:
1) Drop targets do not consistently reset. The diamond weasel bank seems to have more trouble than the drug rat. I'm using GLM DT boards (originals were not in the game). I've also repinned the connectors as IDCs were a bit questionable. Reset works every time in coil test, and switches are sensed properly in edge test for multiple tries.
Assembly is clean and fall action is crisp.
In game, if I clear all drops and shoot the center ramp before the reset, it seems to forget that it needs to reset.
Why would the game have a hard time sensing the drops when everything else is ok? I am missing a couple of e-clips, but all grommets are present and in good shape. Could vibration be the main and only culprit?
Running a ball into targets over and over and over (not actually playing), the game will reset every time.
2) If I land in the croc saucer and the game goes into the build jackpot mode, I have to wait for the entire mode to timeout before the game will eject the ball. This is incredibly annoying and I have not been able to figure out why this is happening. I have replaced my game roms, ensured that all switches and coils are working and so forth. I've actually replaced all of my switch diodes due to other issues.
Any thoughts are welcome! I'm just about stumped. Connectors for switch matrix on interconnect and drop target reset power on aux power driver have been replaced.
3) Coils do not fire when a new game is started or power is first turned on. Drop targets that have problem #1 won't be reset until a ball search happens.

Just guessing here but have you looked at the relay that controls the solenoids? There is a A/B relay which needs to switch over when the game wants to fire specific solenoid / flasher.

So when you say that you shoot the center ramp before the bank clears, is there maybe the wrong flasher going off at certain times or the wrong solenoid firing at any time?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spybryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-drop-targets-sometimes-wont-reset-croc-saucer-issues?tu=Spybryon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.