Pinside_forum_7611864_7 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230705_042655717.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230704-232515~2 (resized).png
PXL_20230705_011813842~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230703_043854410~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193842188 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193848856 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193853528 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

I had to replace the plastic triangular pice for the diverter and can't get the bent metal cover back on the diverter assembly. The coil lugs seem to be in the way, but all of the other coils have the lugs on the other side of the spring. Is my coil on backwards?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#26 8 years ago

They are clocked the same way, but the lugs on yours are on the spring side, not the coil stop side like I had done. Thanks for the response and picture. This thing is so close to 100%, now just have to troubleshoot the POLICE letters never lighting up.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Police letters only light when the ball is diverted down the return ramp. Hopefully a working diverter will help!

Even in attract mode? They are the only ones that won't turn on ever. New bulbs didn't do the trick unfortunately. Lamp matrix column seems fine as the shoot again and extra ball lights work fine.

8 months later
#41 7 years ago

Mine started doing two interesting things recently. The car is coming down right after ball 1 locks and releases it. Lock 2 is what flashes after that, so it's thinking 1 is already locked. It's not kicking out what would be ball 2.

Also, the right side drop bank isn't resetting and when I do it manually, dropped targets don't score.

And suggestions on either would be great.

1 month later
#57 7 years ago

It would be nice if CPR considered doing these some day. That has to be the nicest playfield I've ever seen for PF. This title more than any other I know of always has paint missing in places.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Would be awesome to give us some high res scans before its put into a game.
I have been looking for the criminal insert artwork because most of mine are completely gone.

A full scan would be great. I'm clearing a sanded playfield now before putting an overlay on. I scanned that PF and recreated the art in AutoCAD. Doing the second coat of clear tonight and will have it sanded this weekend and hopefully the overlay on soon and cleared over. It's a big project, but the paint comes off so easily on PF that half the job is already done.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

and are you implying that you will provide some sweet scans!?

Not from mine. The only thing keeping most of mine together is the sheet of mylar over it.

I'm not an artist, and what I did for Joust (the project referenced above) will work for me. But to provide overlays to others, my artistic skills probably aren't up to snuff.

8 months later
#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

do you have the capability to scan parts of the playfield? My criminal inserts are bad and i will eventually need to replace the art during a restore.

How about "Do you have the ability to send it to CPR to scan?" PF has the least durable playfield from any game I can think of and that NOS one might be the best way to have many, many trashed pf's replaced.

2 weeks later
#93 6 years ago

Congrats! That's super cool.

4 months later
#148 6 years ago

On the right drop bank, if I hit the top drop it gives me the capture and sweeping bonus. It then resets the bank. If I do the middle one first it gives regular points and resets the bank as well. The bottom drop acts normally. Since this is on a board, not loose wires, I’m not sure what to be looking for.

9 months later
#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

I have a question about transporting PF through the doors. The head measures 29 inches and is too big for most of my doors. I wanted to tip it sideways and try to bring it through. Can anybody tell me if this will affect some of the items on the play field especially the police car?

The car is pretty rigidly in there. Take the balls out and anything that might be hiding in the coin box area of the cab and go for it.

2 weeks later
#183 5 years ago

I’d say you are starting off with a pretty nice example. Mine is “fully” mylar’d and the shooting gallery between the shooter lane and skill shot spinner is very worn. Yours looks pretty nice there. The dirt tells me it has a bunch of plays but the wear says well cared for.

3 months later
#198 5 years ago
Quoted from MattG:

Whenever I'm at shows and this game shows up, I find it fun to blow people's mind by showing them the meticulously painted butthole on the turtle.
I think it's a great game but the "Take high score" feature and unlimited millions ramp kind of ruins it for competitive play IMO.

Big fat rubbers on the main ramp, and crank both to 8. Still possible to repeat a bunch of millions, but way less often.

3 months later
#213 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Whats the trick to adjust the police car? My car seems to go pass the point it should. The balls won't get held up for multiball because the police car is all the way down the ramp. The switches seem to work in test mode and the motor works because the car moves to the bottom of the ramp. Any suggestions?
Switch 36 which is the ball diverter at the top of the ramp goes off and on all the time. What controls this diverter?

There is a plastic part of the diverter that was getting stuck due to wear on my machine. I ended up replacing that and it fixed my diverter issues. Prior to that, the balls would never go to the car, only to the other path.

For you it sounds like the limit switches might be acting up. If the car doesn't trigger them every so often it things there are issues and keeps the car at the bottom. It won't allow for multiball, but also won't get stuck balls due to a failed car. Check your belt. Mine was terrible and so dry it couldn't grab the pulley that moves the car. I actually got tubing from ACE Hardware (for maybe $3) that is working great instead of $20 for a new belt and waiting for shipping.

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks for the information. What controls the diverter plastic piece?

It's actually a pretty clever geometry. There is one coil that actuates the diverter and in a properly working one it cycles it in and out. Think of it like a clicky pen, as it operates similarly.

3 months later
#279 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Wow. That is an amazing looking machine. I hope to have mine looking this good once the PF play fields are done.
chris

Has anyone said they are going to be doing playfields? CPR, Hardtop, Mirco?

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Peter at Buthamburg in Germany is getting a list together of people who would like one, send him an email stating that you want to get on the list for a palyfield for Police Force.
web: www.buthamburg.de
email: [email protected]
cheers
Trevor

$1000 USD when using NGG as a comparable playfield that is listed with info. My game has factory mylar on it, so I don't NEED a new one. That will be something I have to think about for a while.

3 weeks later
#302 4 years ago

What can I do about cheap drains down the left side of the pops. Most often happening from the skillshot kickout. Need a way to bump the ball over more when it glances the long ring along the left side.

1 week later
#318 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone know when the reproduction playfields will be available?

Is anyone even working on this?

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

I'm busy not reproducing but repainting one for a swap with mine...[quoted image]

Wow. I have my share of System 11's and Police Force art has the worst durability of the 11's I own. Mine has a ton of mylar so it still looks pretty good, but where there wasn't protection it is very worn.

Are you planning on clearcoating it when you are done?

3 months later
#362 4 years ago

I had an interesting thing for System 11's happen recently. When I turned on the game the GI came on and the little buzzing sound clip the speaker plays happened, but then nothing else. I turned it off and opened up the head to look at the 3 red LEDs and turned it on again. The game booted normally. I played a few games and everything seemed fine. I'm going to leave it off for a while and watch the LEDs next time I power it on, just in case it fails.

The main reason I'm asking questions today is that my diverter will click 5 times on occasion. Sometimes it seems random, but other times it's right after a ramp was made and I think it's trying to change from the lock path to the inlane return path. I've had this game a few years and it's had about 2000 plays in that time. When I got it the diverter was seized up. I replaced the moving part and cleaned the gunk off of the mounted part and it's been great since then. Don't see mention ion the manual of 5 clicks being an error message of sorts that the game does.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Still no advice on speaker upgrades ?
Hmmm

Mine has a Ford 6x9. Would not recommend.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I had an interesting thing for System 11's happen recently. When I turned on the game the GI came on and the little buzzing sound clip the speaker plays happened, but then nothing else. I turned it off and opened up the head to look at the 3 red LEDs and turned it on again. The game booted normally. I played a few games and everything seemed fine. I'm going to leave it off for a while and watch the LEDs next time I power it on, just in case it fails.
The main reason I'm asking questions today is that my diverter will click 5 times on occasion. Sometimes it seems random, but other times it's right after a ramp was made and I think it's trying to change from the lock path to the inlane return path. I've had this game a few years and it's had about 2000 plays in that time. When I got it the diverter was seized up. I replaced the moving part and cleaned the gunk off of the mounted part and it's been great since then. Don't see mention ion the manual of 5 clicks being an error message of sorts that the game does.

So I fininished re-rubbering the playfield as well as cleaning the whole thing since I had the ramps out. After that I played a few games. The diverter was doing the clicking thing again. 5 clicks is most definitely a signal. I had to take several connectors off from in the head, but I pulled the whole PF out to access that mech. The triangular diverter piece was binding. Remember, I replaced this a few years ago so it isn't factory.

Manually cycling it I saw that the pivot point of the part with the triangular path was tilting against the shaft it was supposed to pivot on and slide along. I put a washer under the pivot piece and that ended up taking out enough of the slop to stop the binding. I tried two washers and that was too thick and it wouldn't catch the ramped part of the triangular path. Going to put it back in the game now and see if it's actually fixed...

1 month later
#378 4 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Stupid question anyone have extra spinner laying around?

The skill shot one?

I’ve seen people asking for these. Are there any games that are missing them? The one on my game is sort of a hack. It was welded together and has a weight welded to the back of the part where the ball hits. Was like that when I got it. Curious as to how many are put together like mine just to keep the feature.

#380 4 years ago

Can anyone weigh theirs? Mine is such a hack I have no idea how much it’s supposed to weigh at all. It can be a weight with the disk that breaks the opto.

1 week later
#389 4 years ago

Is that NOS playfield getting cleared? I would suggest doing that for sure. Without Mylar PF has got to have some of the least durable art ever. Mine has Mylar and where it doesn’t, just below the spinner, inlanes, outlanes, and other spots are worn to the wood.

3 weeks later
#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari1977:

Hey everyone, so I just picked up a Police Force myself. Rebuilt the flippers and got a new ramp set from Starship and it's playing great so far.
Does anyone else get air balls off the center ramp? It was happening with with the old ramp as well, so maybe I need to pitch the machine up a bit more.

Do you have the flap at the top back where it makes the bend?

2 weeks later
#404 4 years ago

I designed a spinner replacement with some changes and a little extra reinforcement. I have 5 of them for now and have made a shop listing for it. These are not limited to cause a panic buy situation. I want feedback from the first 5 buyers on things I might not have already done to make the best part possible. The buyers of these 5 spinners will get whatever future final version for the price of shipping when that day comes.

This is my first shop listing so wanted to make sure it's set up correctly. It is set up for US only, shipping is included. At least it should be. If you are out of the US reach out to me and we can figure out shipping.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1250-tucson-pinball/03534-police-force-spinner

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Look great!
I miss my police force. Such a simple, fun game. Best callouts in pinball IMO.

Thanks, hopefully this will fix the supply issue so people can play their games with a skill shot.

I set my center ramp to 8 shots for millions and then put giant yellow rubber post sleeves on. It's dangerous. I've only ever seen two instances where players were able to score a few million off of it. Once the guy got 17 million (plus the shots to build it up) in a row. That was crazy. literally his first time playing the game and hasn't done it since.

When the obvious shot is dangerous and you have to play the rest of the game it's quite balanced. Jackpot and Top Cop have to be earned and it makes you shoot all over the place.

#409 4 years ago

Nice. My ramps are probably just like your old ones. The center ramp works, but I have fat yellow post rubbers there to punish you when you miss, and you will. I also have the center ramp set to 8 shots before millions. I’ve been playing it a lot the last week or so. Really fun game when the center ramp isn’t nearly as enticing.

The right ramp isn’t great but isn’t unusable either. It’s broken at the left side entrance so a ball in just the wrong spot goes airborne into the upper back right corner but normally comes back down.

I need to get new ramps but have put them off a little to get other parts that were really needed. My Steps ramp on Funhouse is really bad and the Starship Fantasy ramp just came in for that. PF ramps soon-ish at this point.

3 weeks later
#412 3 years ago

Looks correct compared to mine.

DF18176B-9029-4144-A0C4-6EE362E22E0D (resized).jpegDF18176B-9029-4144-A0C4-6EE362E22E0D (resized).jpeg
#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ok. Can you tell me if any of those 4 flashers are dim during a flasher test? I checked the voltage at the sockets which is correct (28v I believe is what I measured). I also swapped the bulbs around with the same result.

I was able to do them one at a time through the coil test and they all seemed the same. Is there a way to do them all at once?

#415 3 years ago

I played a game and looked at them without the translite on when the game was over. The center 2 near the mid/bottom seemed brighter than the top left, but the top right was about the same as the top left. Nothing was dim though.

1 week later
#438 3 years ago

I had this happen recently with a diverter that was only a few years old. I took it off, cleaned the sliding surfaces, and it still did it. It was binding on the sliding rod and I put a washer on it to fix the issue. I can’t remember exactly what happened but I think I did a write up earlier in this thread.

9 months later
#468 3 years ago
Quoted from TwinCity:

Hello! I bought my first pin about a month ago, a project condition Police Force. It needs a lot of work, and I'm doing a lot of reading, research, and starting to order some parts.
It's looking like I'll need to make my own spinner. Doesn't anyone have exact measurements for the spinner and shaft assembly? It looks like the spinner body is made of 3 metal sheets, one thicker in the middle, with space for the shaft. Does anyone have these measurements available, or willing to measure them for me?
I haven't made any progress yet, but you can follow my restore here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-project-police-force-573-request-backup

I have another run of printed spinners finished. I have to trim them a little bit will have them posted soon I hope.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-club-we-enforce-the-law-of-the-jungle?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.