Pinside_forum_7611864_7 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230705_042655717.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230704-232515~2 (resized).png
PXL_20230705_011813842~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230703_043854410~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193842188 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193848856 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193853528 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago

OK - so this is my first 'official Pinside club' as i dragged home a Police Force today. Would love to see more discussion as it appears to be a forgotten/unloved system 11.

I Paid $700 for what appears to be a well cared for game, however the car does not move so it needs to be left in the down position for the multiball to work. It didn't come with an owners manual or schematic so i ordered one off ebay. The center ramp is cracked on the side but doesnt affect the game play - from what i have read its near impossible for find a replacement

#17 8 years ago

I only took a quick look under the playfield but it didnt even have the belt installed. I will give the motor a look see tonight

#18 8 years ago

Success! Installed a new belt from Marco and the car now moves up and back - accepts the 1rst lock ball and makes the run down the lane after the 2nd ball locks.

I removed the old batteries (best if used before jan2005-haha) and replaced. Powered back on and got an "adjust failure" in the display. Initial mild panic turned to relief when I just had to set it back to 'free play' and it cleared

So my questions....

Issue 1:
When i first start a game the diverter on the upper right ramp does a fair amount of noisy random open and closing. I'm guessing next thing to do is to get to it and clean it up. Whats the best way to access that area? Does the playfield need to come out??

Also, can anybody tell me what determines when that diverter is supposed to be open or closed? The green 'lock1' is lit when the game starts and green 'lock2' lights after the first ball gets trapped in the car. I checked during multiball and it remained open so I'm just not sure when its supposed to close

Issue 2:
I have about a dozen broken star posts to replace and figure to replace all the rubber while I have it apart. Other than that it really needs a good cleaning

1 week later
#20 8 years ago

Thanks aobrien5!

I was able to lift the play field, access and pull out the old cam. It was badly worn and filled with some sort of dirty lubricant so I replaced it. Even with the new cam in place it refused to open and close even when moving it by hand. I added some nylon washers to move the cam pivot point farther out from the coil and give it a better angle. Seems to work fine.

1 year later
#73 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I need a HUGE favor. Could someone take a High-res picture of the boards and wiring inside the backbox for me? I'm having trouble figuring out some of the wiring.
Thanks!

Which part are you having trouble with? I can upload a few pics

#75 6 years ago

I think that goes to the topper

#76 6 years ago

Some random backbox pics. you can see the 4 color combo you posted in pic1 - unfortunately I cant see up inside the topper

backbox1 (resized).jpgbackbox1 (resized).jpg
backbox2 (resized).jpgbackbox2 (resized).jpg
backbox3 (resized).jpgbackbox3 (resized).jpg
backbox4 (resized).jpgbackbox4 (resized).jpg
backbox5 (resized).jpgbackbox5 (resized).jpg
backbox6 (resized).jpgbackbox6 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#86 6 years ago

Thank looks great! You should correct the orientation of the Williams logo in the topper

4 months later
#106 6 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I'm looking for the piece that spins when the ball hits it for what's consider the skill shot. The decal says firing range and it's yellow. I can only find the decal

That's gonna be a hard part to find. Here is a thread where a Pinsider made some new ones, maybe he still has one laying around.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-spinner-reverse-engineer#post-3268714

1 year later
#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

Does anyone have decorative apron cards for Police Force?

There was a Pinsider named zachster who made Police Force custom cards.

I looked back and apparently he is now inactive and the links are down but if you PM me an email I can send the .png file

EDIT: found an old link you can try

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/police-force-v1?rq=police%20force

2 weeks later
#231 4 years ago
Quoted from DirkAkron:

Hello all, quick question, does anyone know the resister value on the original Range SPINNER OPTO BOARD 5768-12463-00? I can't see to find it on the schematics and the one installed on mine is too faded to see.

Looks like Yellow/Violet/Red/Gold to me so 4.7K ohms +/- 5%

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#243 4 years ago

There is one right next to the 'N' and the gate at the top, cant tell from your pic if its there or not.

1 year later
#456 3 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Anyone know where to get the decal for the firing range spinner?
Or is it a DIY jobbie

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1510-573

1 year later
#479 2 years ago

I have the same issue with the top gate. Did you check to ensure your entry onto the playfield gate isnt getting in the way of a shot? I feel like my shots hit there and get off trajectory just enough to stop it from clearing the top gate. I wonder if the hard black rubber near the gate is part of the issue (I have the same one there)

I have no issues with my ramp gate. Maybe take the gate out completely and verify your ramp entrance is not launching the ball into the Unlimited Millions bracket? Or add a couple spacers under the screws holding it in place?

#482 2 years ago

Pretty sure any 10k pot will work. I would remove the current one and see if it can be cleaned with isopropyl or deoxit first.

Here is something that shows the schematic from a sys11. I have this mod on my Jokerz! but not on my Police Force and honestly really never notice a difference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-volume-pot-value-game-too-loud

5 months later
#520 2 years ago

If the coil for the diverter is firing but its just not sticking in the correct spot then this thread would likely solve your issue:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-diverter-diagnosis

6 months later
#572 1 year ago

My ramp looked like that when I got my Police Force and I just bought the Cliffy ramp protectors and never had a problem since. Obviously not a good solution if you are restoring a game but if you just want to play it and not see that broken ramp they should do the trick

1 week later
#578 1 year ago

Nice job! That should work just fine, when I got my Police Force ramps were not even available and when they eventually got made the cost was 50% of what I bought the game for.

4 months later
#616 1 year ago

You need multiball to advance the letters to POLICE on the ramp which then lites the TOP COP BONUS for 3M. That's essentially your MB goal.

My biggest complaint is the value of bonus doesn't seem inline with the rest of the scoring

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

If you don’t have criminals locked, it doesn’t light the ramp for lock, so you can get the letters that way too as it’s lit for letters instead

Are you sure? Maybe there is a setting to make it more challenging but on mine green lock 1 at the ramp is lit as soon as the ball passes the skill shot.

Catching the criminals lights the jackpot at the ramp which scores the value on the smaller display if you beat the timer ( I have mine set to 15 seconds as I think that's the shortest possible)

4 months later
#643 10 months ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

My left flipper bat sticks every once in a while in a near horizontal position when the flipper button is pressed on my Police Force. Hitting the flipper button will return the bat to the correct position. Is there an area in particular I should look at? Thanks!

Most likely the plunger for that flipper has developed a little lip on the end from hitting the stop. Obviously you can rebuild the flipper but you can also just take the flipper assembly apart and file the burrs off the tip of the plunger and it will likely be good for another year or more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-club-we-enforce-the-law-of-the-jungle?tu=boscokid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.