Pinside_forum_7611864_7 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230705_042655717.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230704-232515~2 (resized).png
PXL_20230705_011813842~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230703_043854410~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193842188 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193848856 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193853528 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meri-cah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 3 years ago

Just joined the club! Drove 12 hours round trip to add this to my collection! Stoked!

17E2472D-FF09-4839-88E7-CCD14CDEB417.jpeg17E2472D-FF09-4839-88E7-CCD14CDEB417.jpeg
#422 3 years ago
Quoted from VoodooPlunge504:

crash I didn't even check. Its my first and I don't know how to do a switch test yet. I just pulled the board and cleaned it really well. Seems like a cleaning made it work a bit, but doesn't feel 100% still. Had to pull the field out and adjust the diverter too.
meri-cah Heck yea! I fell in love w PF in a pizza shop back in the day, and just picked one up for my first pin. Did you snag that one that was just posted in Greensboro, NC?? Two things to keep an eye that I've seen from this thread and the one I just got home are the lane diverter and the spinner opto board.

I grabbed the one in California. Everything on the game works. But I do notice the spinner is intermittent. So, I’ll tackle that issue today or tomorrow. This is #9 for the collection. I have a MMrRE being delivered Wednesday so I had to balance out the game room with an even 10.

#423 3 years ago

So my firing range spinner is solid metal... but I don’t seem to have a “cap” on the left side holding the arm in. Can anyone share a picture of what theirs looks like please?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#425 3 years ago
Quoted from VoodooPlunge504:

There should be a little C shaped wire attached to the screw on the bottom of that metal plate that holds the spinner in place. You could probably bend one out of a small paper clip for a quick fix.

Thanks. Fixing the plastic that goes right there below it. Any way you could snap a pic of yours so I can see how the clip wraps around? I can fabricate something pretty easily I’m sure

1 week later
#434 3 years ago

Maybe a good place to mount a hot wheels police helicopter.... Hmmmm

#437 3 years ago

Question. My diverter is “clicking” sometimes. It works, but at the start of some balls it clicks and engages. Before taking it apart, which is my next step, has anyone had the “clicking” before? I have read where it just doesn’t work. But mine works and only sometimes clicks on its own.
Again, just looking for ideas before I shop the game with rubbers and bulbs this weekend. Thanks in advance

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I had this happen recently with a diverter that was only a few years old. I took it off, cleaned the sliding surfaces, and it still did it. It was binding on the sliding rod and I put a washer on it to fix the issue. I can’t remember exactly what happened but I think I did a write up earlier in this thread.

I’ll see what I can find. Thanks for the info. Will see what I find out this weekend

#440 3 years ago

Well. I took apart the game. Shopped it with clear pro rubbers from pinballlife and LED’s throughout. Warm for visible, cool under the playfield to make the inserts pop! Also found the switch on the metal wire form ramp just to the left of the diverter had the two wires practically touching. Separated them and no more clicking! My game is now perfect. New pinscore display and LED’s to make it pop! Very happy and great addition to my collection. Now just on the hunt for a hot wheels helicopter for the middle ramp

1 week later
#445 3 years ago

Anyone ever flame polish their police force ramps? Mine are in good condition except the middle ramp is cloudy. Researched a lot on flame polishing but read NOT to do it on games prior to 1990 because of a different plastic was used.

1 year later
#490 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Got the Police Force set up in the basement. Have some things I need to sort out, but it's up an running.
The flippers will need a rebuild, that's no big deal. I am getting a DIVERTER IN error and the ramp diverter doesn't seem to be functioning during gameplay or coil test. I'll dig into that, but am excited to get this one cleaned up!
Chris

Ramp diverter is a very common problem with this machine. Unfortunately you must remove the entire playfield from the machine to access it. When I got my police force almost 2 years ago it would click a lot like it was trying to divert but nothing was happening. Took it apart. Cleaned it up and reinstalled. Been working perfectly since. Apparently it’s just one of those things

5 months later
#531 2 years ago
Quoted from look_busy:

I finally got my first machine, a Police Force, from a relative. It was not working and I quickly determined it was the battery holder and swapped it out. Now on to the harder things, fixing the diverter and car. I'm new to soldering but I'm excited to get into it and do as much repair as I can before calling in a pro.
Does anyone have opinions on which vendor's LED light package is the best? There are a few lights out already so I might as well do the conversion now.

Just use COMET brand LED’s. I did this on mine and I think everyone here on pinside would agree they are the best LED bulbs out there.

5 months later
#567 1 year ago
Quoted from JMacTX:

Picked my Police Force up a few months back for a steal of deal! It lived in a garage for close to 20 years and is for sure a project machine. Been slowly cleaning it up while I wait for new MPU from victor. Overall not in bad shape. Cabinet graphics and translite are faded, but that can all be spruced up in the future after I have machine up and running.
I am looking for a decent used inner ramp, as mine has seen better days.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Starship Fantasy here in Phoenix area has the original molds and you can buy new ramps. His name is Larry and he’s fantastic

7 months later
#637 1 year ago
Quoted from mrjgonzalez:

I too have non functioning range spinner. I replaced the opto with no change. Anyone have any ideas? Iwould replace the entire assembly, if I could find one. But I am afraid that may not work either. It gets expensive replacing parts that aren't broken.

Is everything else working? The spinner is in line with the ramp switches as well. When my spinner when out it was a board issue that I had to replace a transistor. Then it all worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meri-cah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-club-we-enforce-the-law-of-the-jungle?tu=Meri-cah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.