Pinside_forum_7611864_7 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230705_042655717.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230704-232515~2 (resized).png
PXL_20230705_011813842~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230703_043854410~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193842188 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193848856 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193853528 (resized).jpg
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Dat price, though...

lol..we can t stop a heart from loving

1 week later
#152 6 years ago

I'm looking for the center ramp, anyone have a new or used one in good condition they want to sell? Starship Fantasy does not sell the center ramp alone.

Also does anyone have the right angle bent jail plastic for the back of the playfield?

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm looking for the center ramp, anyone have a new or used one in good condition they want to sell? Starship Fantasy does not sell the center ramp alone.

Yeah, me too. Mine is solid enough for play and has protectors in place now but I'd love to be able to replace it without having to buy both. Would be interesting to know if they made the same number of each or if they're just down to the last and can't sell the outside ramp any other way.

#154 6 years ago

I emailed Larry and he confirmed he doesn't sell them separate. Anyone needing just the outer ramp willing to buy a set and I can buy the center one from you at cost (50%)?

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Dat price, though...

Dang, just missed it. Seller said he does not have any more with the target...

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

If I had some spinners made, how many of y'all would be interested? No idea on the cost, might could get some made on the sly though.

Interested.

Mine still works, but is showing its age.

#157 6 years ago

Does anyone know if someone besides Starship Fantasy makes the center ramp?

3 weeks later
#158 6 years ago

I made a few spinners some time ago. I have been keeping a list of interested folks and only have 12 people on my list. I am currently building a new house and dont have a lot of time but consequently dont have a lot of money either! However if I could sell 100 + pieces It could be worth my time. See my work here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-spinner-reverse-engineer#post-3081217

#159 6 years ago

Well this just happened. Great.

I might take a stab at making this out of metal wire form. The entrance portion would have to be a piece of sheet metal so I guess I would need to cut holes and reloacate the ramp bonuses to directly under the ramp. In the meantime I'll clean this, flame polish and attempted to glue these back together but I don't expect a horizontal crack at the entrance to be at all salvable.

IMG_6959 (resized).JPGIMG_6959 (resized).JPG

#160 6 years ago

That ramp has the usual spring steel flap at the entrance.
I bought a new ramp when I restored my PF.
It cracked in about 200-300 games. I added SS on the left side to prevent it from cracking further.

Cliffy makes a protector but I am not sure it will fill in what you are missing.

Did you check with Freeplay40.
He makes the ramp for High Speed. Maybe he makes that one too.

#161 6 years ago

Yes when it broke I removed all metal parts including the flap. I was planning on making protectors but never got around to installing them.

#162 6 years ago

I would offer you my old one but it was worse than yours. So I practiced my " flame polishing" on it.
Then, it was truly worthless. I did however learn quite a bit about the technique.

1 week later
#163 6 years ago

I need a new spinner as well. Possibly take two.

1 week later
#164 6 years ago

Could someone please snap some pictures of the rubbers along the right ramp, left police car track, and near the outlanes? I of course did not take enough pictures and the rubber chart seems to clash with what photos I do have.

I would appreciate it!

#165 6 years ago

Last time I replaced rubbers, I used a kit from eBay and had some of the same issues. I'll see if I can get you pictures tonight, but I ended up contradicting the chart a bit. Had a couple left over rings too, but from other pictures I'm pretty sure I got them right.

1 week later
#166 6 years ago

Anyone have a spare firing range plastic? I broke mine last night taking the playfield out to get at the rear diverter.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

I need a new spinner as well. Possibly take two.

Will add you to my list.
I will do another run probably late this year if nobody else does.

Doesn't look like I will get anywhere close to 100 people interested so making a run before the house is done is not an option.

3 months later
#168 5 years ago

Please add me to the list of folks that are looking for a new spinner

#169 5 years ago

It's probably gonna have to be KLF at this point, I'm getting hammered at work and just about to launch a new product so this is pretty low on my list of priorities.

#170 5 years ago

Has anyone ever found a source for the original pop bumper decal? Or does anyone have a scan of one? I'm getting close to bringing my Police Force back to life. Just need a few parts that appear to be unobtanium to finish it.

#171 5 years ago

Still interested in a recreated spinner, still have mine missing and miss the ability to use it in the game.

I did get the reproduced sticker for it though.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from blueman01:

Has anyone ever found a source for the original pop bumper decal? Or does anyone have a scan of one? I'm getting close to bringing my Police Force back to life. Just need a few parts that appear to be unobtanium to finish it.

I have an image somewhere, PM me your email and I'll send it when I find it. Worked well for the repair I did.

4 weeks later
#173 5 years ago

We have begun reproducing the spinner targets. I estimate we will build 30 pieces. The price will be $35 each + shipping. I will reach out to those who have pmed me in the order I received / receive the messages.

2 months later
#174 5 years ago

Hey KLF .... how are those spinner targets coming along? Any news?

#175 5 years ago

So I sold my PF a while back but looking at old files I came across that I was working on a jail plastic replacement, since mine was broken and they are unobtainable. The plan was to 3D print this then it could be painted to look real. A normal piece of black plastic would be used on the top and the light bar for the criminal can mount on the back. I never got around to making 3D models of the criminals but the point was to make them behind the bars in 3D lit space as opposed to a 2D image.

PFJ Mod (resized).JPGPFJ Mod (resized).JPG
#176 5 years ago

I have a question about transporting PF through the doors. The head measures 29 inches and is too big for most of my doors. I wanted to tip it sideways and try to bring it through. Can anybody tell me if this will affect some of the items on the play field especially the police car?

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

I have a question about transporting PF through the doors. The head measures 29 inches and is too big for most of my doors. I wanted to tip it sideways and try to bring it through. Can anybody tell me if this will affect some of the items on the play field especially the police car?

The car is pretty rigidly in there. Take the balls out and anything that might be hiding in the coin box area of the cab and go for it.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from blueman01:

Hey KLF .... how are those spinner targets coming along? Any news?

Hey guys, I have had some setbacks but am getting back to it. Shortly after starting production we had some very heavy rains here in central Illinois.The large hill behind my shop slid significantly and we wound up with about 2" of mud and silt on the shop floor. No equipment was damaged but it was a huge mess. It took several weeks to clean up and now all the work that pays the bills is past due. We are getting caught up and hope to be back on the spinners in a week or 2. Sorry for the delay. We will persevere!

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The car is pretty rigidly in there. Take the balls out and anything that might be hiding in the coin box area of the cab and go for it.

Transported well. Slight damage to the head because doors were not wide enough.

#180 5 years ago

Anybody know the best method to repair or limit damage to this area where the ball drops?

CF574BE4-8134-43EC-89B0-2F2496A49D50 (resized).jpegCF574BE4-8134-43EC-89B0-2F2496A49D50 (resized).jpeg
#181 5 years ago

do touch up with acrylic paints (from a place like Michaels or Hobby Lobby) and put mylar over it. You also may want to add a switch protector from Cliffy.

1 week later
#182 5 years ago

This crusty beast is about to get touched up and clearcoated! I'd imagine the apron hasn't been off in a couple decades. Does anyone have a scan of the center logo on the apron?

20180912_185025 (resized).jpg20180912_185025 (resized).jpg
#183 5 years ago

I’d say you are starting off with a pretty nice example. Mine is “fully” mylar’d and the shooting gallery between the shooter lane and skill shot spinner is very worn. Yours looks pretty nice there. The dirt tells me it has a bunch of plays but the wear says well cared for.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’d say you are starting off with a pretty nice example. Mine is “fully” mylar’d and the shooting gallery between the shooter lane and skill shot spinner is very worn. Yours looks pretty nice there. The dirt tells me it has a bunch of plays but the wear says well cared for.

That is an accurate assessment...I think it is going to turn out nice. There was some battery damage to the MPU when I got it, and it was DOA. I was able to work through that and repair it myself to the point of getting everything working again. Now its on to the cosmetics.

This was the worst mylar to remove by far out of all the playfields I have done. I lost a few small areas of insert text, but that will not be hard to fix. The shooter lane already sanded out really nice with minimal removal. I have masks cut to repaint all the white areas. It will be cleared with Dupont Chroma. Ordered new ramps, plastic posts, flippers, rubbers, flipper rebuild kit, and pop bumper plastics. Should look really great when it is all done!

#185 5 years ago

Making progress...got the first round of white sections repainted, and some of the hand keyline work is done.

20180915_143004 (resized).jpg20180915_143004 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#186 5 years ago
Quoted from KLF:

Hey guys, I have had some setbacks but am getting back to it. Shortly after starting production we had some very heavy rains here in central Illinois.The large hill behind my shop slid significantly and we wound up with about 2" of mud and silt on the shop floor. No equipment was damaged but it was a huge mess. It took several weeks to clean up and now all the work that pays the bills is past due. We are getting caught up and hope to be back on the spinners in a week or 2. Sorry for the delay. We will persevere!

Just checking in, hope you got your shop sorted out finally.

2 weeks later
#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just checking in, hope you got your shop sorted out finally.

I apologize for not having the spinners done yet. I have had some more issues in the shop as well as the new house. I will get them done. Hopefully by Christmas but cannot promise. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for your patients.

20181208_104639 (resized).jpg20181208_104639 (resized).jpg
#188 5 years ago

Looks like you'll have another customer now. Just got myself a PF and the spinner has seen better days - much like the rest of the machine!

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Looks like you'll have another customer now. Just got myself a PF and the spinner has seen better days - much like the rest of the machine!

Ditto!

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from KLF:

I apologize for not having the spinners done yet. I have had some more issues in the shop as well as the new house. I will get them done. Hopefully by Christmas but cannot promise. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for your patients.
[quoted image]

No problem.

1 week later
#191 5 years ago

Hi Folks! Just joined the club pretty recently and had a question. Does anyone know what size coupling nut should be hooked up to the post on the center ramp that is connected to the post on the roll over guide (See picture it will make way more sense). I looked in the manual but it doesn't seem to say. The coupling nut I have somehow got broken in half. Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#192 5 years ago

New to posting here, I need a PF spinner also. Hope there are extras not taken yet.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Abqin08:

New to posting here, I need a PF spinner also. Hope there are extras not taken yet.

I messaged KLF about the spinners but haven't heard back. Hopefully that isn't a no my guess is the guy is just busy

#194 5 years ago

Installed my new ramps from Star Ship Fantasy. Hurt the pocket book but damn they look nice! I emailed Cliffy about ramp protectors but he hasn't gotten back to me yet and that was like a week ago. Does anyone know where I can get these? The usual suspects don't seem to have them in stock. Not sure if he still makes them. Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image4 (resized).pngpasted_image4 (resized).png
#195 5 years ago

Looks great! I got one of his ramps too. The only thing I’m worried about is getting the decal alignment right.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Looks great! I got one of his ramps too. The only thing I’m worried about is getting the decal alignment right.

Thanks! Don't worry the alignment will be easy just use the old one as a guide .

Odd question do you guys ever get major air balls off the middle ramp? Sometimes mine jumps so far it rides down the wire form to the left flipper inlane.

#197 5 years ago

Whenever I'm at shows and this game shows up, I find it fun to blow people's mind by showing them the meticulously painted butthole on the turtle.

I think it's a great game but the "Take high score" feature and unlimited millions ramp kind of ruins it for competitive play IMO.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from MattG:

Whenever I'm at shows and this game shows up, I find it fun to blow people's mind by showing them the meticulously painted butthole on the turtle.
I think it's a great game but the "Take high score" feature and unlimited millions ramp kind of ruins it for competitive play IMO.

Big fat rubbers on the main ramp, and crank both to 8. Still possible to repeat a bunch of millions, but way less often.

1 week later
#199 5 years ago

Picked up a Police Force awhile ago and I am having an issue where the ball eject doesn't release. Replaced coil, during test mode everything works coil fires and switch works. Thinking it might be something on the power aux board. Any ideas? transistor issue?

#200 5 years ago

Does the outhole switch work and do you have 2 balls in it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-club-we-enforce-the-law-of-the-jungle/page/4?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.