Pinside_forum_7611864_7 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230705_042655717.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230704-232515~2 (resized).png
PXL_20230705_011813842~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230703_043854410~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193842188 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193848856 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193853528 (resized).jpg

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 6 years ago

I'm looking into buying one in the near future. How mouch should i be looking at for one in very good condition?

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

just an FYI shooting range repo plastic is on ebay. It says there is 5 total and that's it. Wish the would repo the jail plastic. Mine is really broken.

You know where I can find the shooting range spinner plastic. I just picked up a police force pin and looking for that part but can't seem to have any luck

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

You know where I can find the shooting range spinner plastic. I just picked up a police force pin and looking for that part but can't seem to have any luck

The interrupter?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3406

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I'm looking into buying one in the near future. How mouch should i be looking at for one in very good condition?

I don't know - $2000ish? I traded for mine. I do know that I put about $2000 into mine and maybe 200 hours) by the time I was done restoring it but it's really over the top and won Southern Fried this year.

#105 6 years ago

I'm looking for the piece that spins when the ball hits it for what's consider the skill shot. The decal says firing range and it's yellow. I can only find the decal

#106 6 years ago

I'm looking for the piece that spins when the ball hits it for what's consider the skill shot. The decal says firing range and it's yellow. I can only find the decal

That's gonna be a hard part to find. Here is a thread where a Pinsider made some new ones, maybe he still has one laying around.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-spinner-reverse-engineer#post-3268714

#107 6 years ago

I figured I'd join in this club as well, I came across this Police Force Prototype a couple of weeks ago in pristine shape, only one I've ever seen. Anybody know anything about it???

IMG_6173 (resized).JPGIMG_6173 (resized).JPG

dsc07910 (resized).jpgdsc07910 (resized).jpg

dsc07924 (resized).jpgdsc07924 (resized).jpg

dsc08002 (resized).jpgdsc08002 (resized).jpg

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

$1200 average. Anything more and it should be really nice.

Whoever said 2k is lucky they got that. That's high for a PF.

Look for the back diverter to be needing repair. It's a simple thing to fix, but will require taking the pf out to do so. Otherwise it's ridiculously difficult to disassemble the part. But lifting the pf out is easy too. nothing needs to be disconnected to do so. Just pull out and sit it by side of cab.

The call outs on this pin are underrated and so is gameplay. This game, to me, epitomizes what's fun about pinball. Simple rules and just plain fun to play. Loved owning this and would love to get another some day.

#109 6 years ago

Yeah, good luck. I ended up buying a whole mech from Romania for about $75. FWIW, they're metal, not plastic, which is why they're harder to reproduce.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Yeah, good luck. I ended up buying a whole mech from Romania for about $75. FWIW, they're metal, not plastic, which is why they're harder to reproduce.

Do have a link that you got it from

#112 6 years ago

If I had some spinners made, how many of y'all would be interested? No idea on the cost, might could get some made on the sly though.

#113 6 years ago

There is a nice looking Police Force on my local Craigslist for 1200, has not sold. Been listed for about ten days. In NW Florida if anyone is interested.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

There is a nice looking Police Force on my local Craigslist for 1200, has not sold. Been listed for about ten days. In NW Florida if anyone is interested.

Is this the one in Florida?

pensacola.craigslist.org link

#115 6 years ago

Yep thats it.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

If I had some spinners made, how many of y'all would be interested? No idea on the cost, might could get some made on the sly though.

I would definitely get one

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Definitely interested in one!

#118 6 years ago

I'm just excited the pf club has some action! Yeah for some reason I always go to this game to have a quick fun time.

#119 6 years ago

I would buy 2 if you reproduce the spinner for Police Force.

#120 6 years ago

So my pf stopped working and after investigating I noticed a burn hole in the main interconnector board so effing blown. Seen a used one online for 105 and a new one for 150 from Marco. Is this fixable or am I screwed and need to buy a new one

20171010_194609 (resized).jpg20171010_194609 (resized).jpg

#121 6 years ago

Do have a link that you got it from

It was used. Someone posted it on here with a bunch of other parts.

#122 6 years ago

So my pf stopped working and after investigating I noticed a burn hole in the main interconnector board so effing blown. Seen a used one online for 105 and a new one for 150 from Marco. Is this fixable or am I screwed and need to buy a new one

Looks like you have a short in your flasher lamps or the #1 pin got pushed into that back metal shielding and shorted out possibly. Looks like the one pin completely cooked off. You can try putting a new molex connector on it first and jumpering that one pin to further down the board. But for a hundred bucks, I'd just get a new one and be done.

IMG_6411 (resized).JPGIMG_6411 (resized).JPG

#123 6 years ago

Who did the voice overs for Police Force?

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Do you know if these could include the metal shafts? Or is there any easy way to attach these to the shafts?

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Do you know if these could include the metal shafts? Or is there any easy way to attach these to the shafts?

No idea, I would love to be able to come up with a full-on replacement part and I see from the other thread roughly what needs done. It may work out that I can only get the blanks made and then go from there... I've shown the part to a couple guys I know who do that kind of work and they were unfazed but no guarantees. In the other thread I saw they went essentially with solid front & back pieces and then a middle piece cut in half to sandwich over the shaft. Is there any consensus on whether that's the preferable solution or would a single metal piece welded to the shaft (balanced, of course) have advantages?

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

No idea, I would love to be able to come up with a full-on replacement part and I see from the other thread roughly what needs done. It may work out that I can only get the blanks made and then go from there... I've shown the part to a couple guys I know who do that kind of work and they were unfazed but no guarantees. In the other thread I saw they went essentially with solid front & back pieces and then a middle piece cut in half to sandwich over the shaft. Is there any consensus on whether that's the preferable solution or would a single metal piece welded to the shaft (balanced, of course) have advantages?

As long as the piece is balanced centered and is able to doing with ease I don't think it would really make a difference. Either way you would have to get used to how far back to pull the shooter for the "skill shot". I really hope you can make them.

#127 6 years ago

Same here but I think the welded shaft would be cleaner.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Same here but I think the welded shaft would be cleaner.

I can agree with that

Supposed to get a main interconnect board, new rubbers, and decal for firing range in mail tomorrow. Hope everything goes good

#129 6 years ago

I can agree with that
Supposed to get a main interconnect board, new rubbers, and decal for firing range in mail tomorrow. Hope everything goes good

Did you get your decals from Marco? I think they're the only supplier that has them.

#130 6 years ago

The shaft is much smaller on the prototype type than the production version ... or else I'd be all in too.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Did you get your decals from Marco? I think they're the only supplier that has them.

Yeah I got them from Marco it was cheap so I figured I'd get them while I could

#132 6 years ago

Well I took the old board and seen someone had put a jumper in. I'm curious if I should turn it back on not knowing what actually caused it. What are your thoughts?

20171013_174946 (resized).jpg20171013_174946 (resized).jpg

20171013_174934 (resized).jpg20171013_174934 (resized).jpg

#133 6 years ago

So I thought the board was the problem. There is a light on the new board that is blinking and written next to it says "A/C RELAY C WHEN LIT" I'm looking in the manual and not having any luck.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'd be in for a spinner if you had some made. I just picked this up to do a rehab for a customer and am looking for a new spinner for it.

This is a fun game, I'm looking forward to getting her back in top shape.

#135 6 years ago

Got my playfield done polished, waxed, new rubbers and leds pretty happy with it. Just need the spinner now.

20171016_191244 (resized).jpg20171016_191244 (resized).jpg

#136 6 years ago

Awesome!

Hey if anyone is shopping, restoring, or already have them, I'm looking for play field scans of all the criminals and Outland/inland lions. Mine are worn and I need something for the restoration. When that is taking place idk, but throwing it out there that I'm looking for them.

#137 6 years ago

I would be interested as well in a repro... Thanks!

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Any luck

#139 6 years ago

I haven't even had time to talk to a machinist yet. I'm taking note of those interested and this is on my list of winter projects but no ETA at this time.

edit: to clarify, I'm not trying to profit on this but seeing the Police Force at York this year with a hacked-together spinner made from a standup target and a twisted strip of tin just bugged the heck out of me. Mine works but doesn't spin as well as nicer examples I've played so this isn't a major problem for me. I intend to pass along the costs fairly and will probably have twice the number spoken for made just so we don't have to go back to the well - whatever that number is when I'm ready to execute. Nothing would make me happier than to have a drop in replacement part as a final product but the reality is that I'll be somewhat at the mercy of whomever ends up cutting the blanks. I definitely don't want to wind up with some J-B Weld mess to show for my efforts. Updates will be posted here.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I haven't even had time to talk to a machinist yet. I'm taking note of those interested and this is on my list of winter projects but no ETA at this time.
edit: to clarify, I'm not trying to profit on this but seeing the Police Force at York this year with a hacked-together spinner made from a standup target and a twisted strip of tin just bugged the heck out of me. Mine works but doesn't spin as well as nicer examples I've played so this isn't a major problem for me. I intend to pass along the costs fairly and will probably have twice the number spoken for made just so we don't have to go back to the well - whatever that number is when I'm ready to execute. Nothing would make me happier than to have a drop in replacement part as a final product but the reality is that I'll be somewhat at the mercy of whomever ends up cutting the blanks. I definitely don't want to wind up with some J-B Weld mess to show for my efforts. Updates will be posted here.

So I ended up getting that machiine from someone who bought it at the York show. And it bugs the shit out of me.

My display for this machine just stopped working for some reason outta no where dunno where to start minus checking loose connections. Some of the display was out but I had fixed it and was looking clean and fresh.

This machine will look brand new when I'm done. Fully restored is the goal. Got new graphics and all sorts of parts that I'm in the process of putting onto the machine.

If anyone has some suggestions for display besides buying a new one I appreciate it

#141 6 years ago

So I ended up getting that machiine from someone who bought it at the York show. And it bugs the shit out of me.

I'm sure it does! Nice score though, it played sweet but having the skill shot go ding-ding-50K every single time was a buzzkill. Somebody on here (Wescobar maybe?) posted a video of his just spinning all day from a solid hit... THAT is what I want to achieve.

My display for this machine just stopped working for some reason outta no where dunno where to start minus checking loose connections. Some of the display was out but I had fixed it and was looking clean and fresh.

Are they all out? I've got an issue with one row but I have it isolated to a bad resistor pack I need to replace so I'm familiar with the schematic.

Glad to hear you're planning on making that one 100%! The only way mine will leave the basement is if a nicer one is replacing it.

#142 6 years ago

If anyone has some suggestions for display besides buying a new one I appreciate it

Start with the + and - 100 volts dc.

#143 6 years ago

Almost done restoring this prototype to her glory days, can’t wait to play it!!!

7A80534D-048B-4C8E-AA0C-543BBCC3B7B7 (resized).jpeg7A80534D-048B-4C8E-AA0C-543BBCC3B7B7 (resized).jpeg

6785A9E9-B2AD-4975-8B9A-54276C25DB32 (resized).jpeg6785A9E9-B2AD-4975-8B9A-54276C25DB32 (resized).jpeg

CB3BF37B-5584-4CD5-AF4E-9088B7E66F10 (resized).jpegCB3BF37B-5584-4CD5-AF4E-9088B7E66F10 (resized).jpeg

32AA1CF8-9FC9-49A2-B3C4-3E4546AFD95B (resized).jpeg32AA1CF8-9FC9-49A2-B3C4-3E4546AFD95B (resized).jpeg

B5B0F3FB-C971-4034-81C3-49E660A2DA00 (resized).jpegB5B0F3FB-C971-4034-81C3-49E660A2DA00 (resized).jpeg

40B0BC45-61BB-44E0-998A-CB1A7E47A0C7 (resized).jpeg40B0BC45-61BB-44E0-998A-CB1A7E47A0C7 (resized).jpeg

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Start with the + and - 100 volts dc.

Checked the + & - 100 volts and it's good read -103 and +105. I switched out the 26 pin ribbon cable with one I knew worked from another machine. Got some of it to come on but it was kind of scattered. I'm thinking maybe about reflowing the back side on the 26 pin

#145 6 years ago

Got some of it to come on but it was kind of scattered.

You have the red stripe at pin 1 on both boards? How about a pic of the display.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You have the red stripe at pin 1 on both boards? How about a pic of the display.

The red wire wasn't on 1 on the main board it seemed like it was working for a split second then went off again.

20171026_220521 (resized).jpg20171026_220521 (resized).jpg

#147 6 years ago

seemed like it was working for a split second then went off again.

Check for cracked header pins on J7 on the display board and J2 on the power supply.

2 weeks later
#148 6 years ago

On the right drop bank, if I hit the top drop it gives me the capture and sweeping bonus. It then resets the bank. If I do the middle one first it gives regular points and resets the bank as well. The bottom drop acts normally. Since this is on a board, not loose wires, I’m not sure what to be looking for.

1 week later
#149 6 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

#150 6 years ago

Dat price, though...

FDBE3A29-25B7-4761-91B8-FB10687032C1 (resized).jpegFDBE3A29-25B7-4761-91B8-FB10687032C1 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Hardware
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-club-we-enforce-the-law-of-the-jungle/page/3?hl=retrocadegame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.