Pinside_forum_7611864_7 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230705_042655717.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230704-232515~2 (resized).png
PXL_20230705_011813842~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230703_043854410~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193842188 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193848856 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193853528 (resized).jpg
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
#51 7 years ago

System was giving me errors - sorry for the blank posts...

#54 7 years ago

I'm joining this club because THIS happened...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#55 7 years ago

What is that? An NOS populated playfield?!

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

What is that? An NOS populated playfield?!

Yes, fresh from the factory. It'll need new rubber but I also have a Bad Cats that I installed and it plays amazingly. I have new cabinet art as well so it's going to be a nice game.

#57 7 years ago

It would be nice if CPR considered doing these some day. That has to be the nicest playfield I've ever seen for PF. This title more than any other I know of always has paint missing in places.

#58 7 years ago

O-Din got a Cyclone awhile back with one. A beauty! Congrats. PF is a fun game!

#59 7 years ago

Would be awesome to give us some high res scans before its put into a game.

I have been looking for the criminal insert artwork because most of mine are completely gone.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Would be awesome to give us some high res scans before its put into a game.
I have been looking for the criminal insert artwork because most of mine are completely gone.

A full scan would be great. I'm clearing a sanded playfield now before putting an overlay on. I scanned that PF and recreated the art in AutoCAD. Doing the second coat of clear tonight and will have it sanded this weekend and hopefully the overlay on soon and cleared over. It's a big project, but the paint comes off so easily on PF that half the job is already done.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A full scan would be great. I'm clearing a sanded playfield now before putting an overlay on. I scanned that PF and recreated the art in AutoCAD. Doing the second coat of clear tonight and will have it sanded this weekend and hopefully the overlay on soon and cleared over. It's a big project, but the paint comes off so easily on PF that half the job is already done.

and are you implying that you will provide some sweet scans!?

#62 7 years ago

I've had the game for about 6 months but it's been folded up and not doing anything. It was on location when I bought it. Most of the bulbs are out and the car doesn't work. I have 2 other games I'm working on first so I wasn't sure when I was going to start on this but I did order new side art for the cabinet. I've known about this playfield for about 4 years now and my friend who had it wanted some extra cash to buy a new pin. I had purchased my Bad Cats from him in 2012 and it also had one of these crated playfields in it. So, I'll give updates as stuff happens. I pick up the playfield next weekend (it's already paid for in case anyone has any ideas) <grin>.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

and are you implying that you will provide some sweet scans!?

Not from mine. The only thing keeping most of mine together is the sheet of mylar over it.

I'm not an artist, and what I did for Joust (the project referenced above) will work for me. But to provide overlays to others, my artistic skills probably aren't up to snuff.

3 months later
#64 7 years ago

just an FYI shooting range repo plastic is on ebay. It says there is 5 total and that's it. Wish the would repo the jail plastic. Mine is really broken.

3 months later
#65 7 years ago

Cabinet repairs coming along nicely:

IMG_9570 (resized).JPGIMG_9570 (resized).JPGIMG_9652 (resized).JPGIMG_9652 (resized).JPGIMG_9644 (resized).JPGIMG_9644 (resized).JPGIMG_9654 (resized).PNGIMG_9654 (resized).PNG

#66 7 years ago

And Planetary Pinball has plastic sets in inventory. They are NOS CPR sets so I bet limited supply.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-1841&Product_Code=PPS-31-1006-573

#67 7 years ago

Looking good! Nice to see a police force getting some love.

3 weeks later
#68 7 years ago

Hi guys a friend have a Police Force and the bottom Display its off,what do i have to do to replace it?
THXS!

17976399_10208962730048073_831172600_o (resized).jpg17976399_10208962730048073_831172600_o (resized).jpg

#69 7 years ago

easiest fix- get a pinscore display. bam done!

#70 7 years ago

A little update on my project: Cabinet decals done. I put the side rails and lockdown receiver on since these pics.

Also, James found the Python art for Batman and shared it on Facebook. Thought you would like to see what our Police Force was conceptually suppose to look like.

IMG_9708 (resized).JPGIMG_9708 (resized).JPG

IMG_9735 (resized).JPGIMG_9735 (resized).JPG

IMG_9817 (resized).JPGIMG_9817 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#71 6 years ago

I need a HUGE favor. Could someone take a High-res picture of the boards and wiring inside the backbox for me? I'm having trouble figuring out some of the wiring.

Thanks!

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I need a HUGE favor. Could someone take a High-res picture of the boards and wiring inside the backbox for me? I'm having trouble figuring out some of the wiring.
Thanks!

I'll be home from work in three hours and would be glad to do so then. Anything in particular I should focus on?

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Thanks!

Which part are you having trouble with? I can upload a few pics

#74 6 years ago

I've put the light door into the backbox and I can't figure out a few of the connectors. I'd like a clear shot of all of the backbox. This one is confusing me the most (there are two of them) - Wait - I figured it out these are the top lights!

IMG_9973 (resized).JPGIMG_9973 (resized).JPG

#75 6 years ago

I think that goes to the topper

#76 6 years ago

Some random backbox pics. you can see the 4 color combo you posted in pic1 - unfortunately I cant see up inside the topper

backbox1 (resized).jpgbackbox1 (resized).jpg
backbox2 (resized).jpgbackbox2 (resized).jpg
backbox3 (resized).jpgbackbox3 (resized).jpg
backbox4 (resized).jpgbackbox4 (resized).jpg
backbox5 (resized).jpgbackbox5 (resized).jpg
backbox6 (resized).jpgbackbox6 (resized).jpg

#77 6 years ago

Awesome!!! These will help a lot! Thanks so much! I'll be able to confirm the connectors better. I got close up pics but no pulled out pics.

#78 6 years ago

I also replaced the GI connector:IMG_9975 (resized).JPGIMG_9975 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#79 6 years ago

I took my NOS playfield apart yesterday to replace the plastics with CPR, replace the rubber, and clean and polish a bit. Thought y'all would like a picture. And yes, it's still in the original crate.

IMG_0125 (resized).JPGIMG_0125 (resized).JPG

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I took my NOS playfield apart yesterday to replace the plastics with CPR, replace the rubber, and clean and polish a bit. Thought y'all would like a picture. And yes, it's still in the original crate.

do you have the capability to scan parts of the playfield? My criminal inserts are bad and i will eventually need to replace the art during a restore.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

do you have the capability to scan parts of the playfield? My criminal inserts are bad and i will eventually need to replace the art during a restore.

How about "Do you have the ability to send it to CPR to scan?" PF has the least durable playfield from any game I can think of and that NOS one might be the best way to have many, many trashed pf's replaced.

#82 6 years ago

This game would be a perfect candidate for the hardtop process:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-new-prototype-playfield-product

As well as all the other sys 11 games.

#83 6 years ago

The playfield arrived fully populated and to have it scanned, it has to be fully unpopulated. I unfortunately can't do this. I broke 6 screws removing the outlanes so I've purposely been very cautious about what I'm removing and what I'm not. I've also been working on this game for nearly a year now and I just want it done. I have 3 other projects waiting to begin when this is done.

#84 6 years ago

It's Done. I'm really happy. It has new Art, Side Rails, Lockdown and receiver, Playfield (complete populated), CPR Plastics, 3 circuit boards, and legs. I've put over 100 hours in it. I'm taking it to the Southern Fried Gameroom Show this weekend in Atlanta so it can be played. Come on out and try it!

IMG_0183 (resized).JPGIMG_0183 (resized).JPG
IMG_0186 (resized).JPGIMG_0186 (resized).JPG
IMG_0184 (resized).JPGIMG_0184 (resized).JPG
IMG_0185 (resized).JPGIMG_0185 (resized).JPG
IMG_0187 (resized).JPGIMG_0187 (resized).JPG

#85 6 years ago

Looks awesome! I'll be at SFGE this weekend to play it.

Although, I kind of cringe at this pristine game being exposed to hundreds of plays in just a few days. I hope you waxed it well and put mylar under the ball drops. Not criticizing, glad you are bringing it!

#86 6 years ago

Thank looks great! You should correct the orientation of the Williams logo in the topper

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Thank looks great! You should correct the orientation of the Williams logo in the topper

You know, I thought that too but that is factory for this game so I kinda like it. It's lived it's whole life like that and it makes it unique.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Looks awesome! I'll be at SFGE this weekend to play it.
Although, I kind of cringe at this pristine game being exposed to hundreds of plays in just a few days. I hope you waxed it well and put mylar under the ball drops. Not criticizing, glad you are bringing it!

I didn't Mylar the ball drop points but that is a good idea and I'll implement it tonight before I pack it. I did Hot Wax the playfield. I am also using super shiny balls to minimize wear. And yes, I thought that it probably doesn't make sense to subject it to all of this play after just getting it finished but I did swap out the plastics for CPR plastics which are stronger. The thing is, I was friends with Python and this game is Soooo Python. The art and even his voice calling you a "Gumshoe" scream Python. I want to share it and I really don't think one weekend will matter that much.

#89 6 years ago

Do you mind posting photos of the playfield after the show? I'm curious to see how dirty it gets.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Do you mind posting photos of the playfield after the show? I'm curious to see how dirty it gets.

Sure - might be a few days until I unpack. I'm taking new balls and a spare set to change out mid way.

#91 6 years ago

So what game won "Best Restoration" in this week's Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta? Police Force of course. People loved it. Roger Sharpe mentioned Police Force in multiple seminars. I think it got some great exposure and I was humbled by its reception.

IMG_0310 (resized).JPGIMG_0310 (resized).JPG

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

So what game won "Best Restoration" in this week's Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta? Police Force of course. People loved it. Roger Sharpe mentioned Police Force in multiple seminars. I think it got some great exposure and I was humbled by its reception.

Congrats! That's huge. Nice job!

#93 6 years ago

Congrats! That's super cool.

2 months later
#94 6 years ago

Hi all,

I just bought Police force pinball and I love it.
I`ve just realised that the yellow triangle spinner is not always increase but sometimes it does.
Any idea of what can be the cause of this problem?

Thanks

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from berlouts:

Hi all,
I just bought Police force pinball and I love it.
I`ve just realised that the yellow triangle spinner is not always increase but sometimes it does.
Any idea of what can be the cause of this problem?
Thanks

There's a little opto on a computerboard inside the spinner assembly. First try cleaning the opto with a qtip and windex. If that doesn't work, reflow the solder on the opto.

Had same issue and reflowing solder fixed it.

Kick ass game. AMAZING call outs.

#96 6 years ago

thanks a lot for the feedback, I will try it and keep you inform

2 weeks later
#97 6 years ago

Hey Blackbeard, thanks a lot for the windex + qtips trick on the opto. I did that last night and now it works pretty well and at every time! many thanks I do really appreciate!

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from berlouts:

Hey Blackbeard, thanks a lot for the windex + qtips trick on the opto. I did that last night and now it works pretty well and at every time! many thanks I do really appreciate!

Super.

Just remember that you were "fiddling" with it and MAYBE in cleaning the opto, you actually made the connection better, instead of just cleaning it.... and that's actually why it's working now..a better connection.

In other words, if it starts acting up again, you'll probably have to reflow the opto.

Da jewels are mine!!! (GREAT pin)

#99 6 years ago

Actually I have the same issue on the Addams Family thing optos every couple of months or so. It's just dust, cleaning fixes it right up. It's on location and gets a lot of play.

3 weeks later
#100 6 years ago

Disregard, sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-club-we-enforce-the-law-of-the-jungle/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.