Pinside_forum_7611864_7 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230705_042655717.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230704-232515~2 (resized).png
PXL_20230705_011813842~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230703_043854410~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193842188 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193848856 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230628_193853528 (resized).jpg

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
#451 3 years ago

I checked on our Police Force at the bar. After all that play over the last few months, it really wasn't that dirty before I cleaned the playfield. This was at night, the game REALLY looks amazing!

DSC_0913 (resized).JPGDSC_0913 (resized).JPGDSC_0914 (resized).JPGDSC_0914 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#452 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Where did you find a replacement jail plastic?

Seller gave me an extra when I got my game from him.

#453 3 years ago

I have an extra jail plastic if you are interested

#454 3 years ago

Actually I can't even see the crack now. I'd rather someone else take it that needs it more.

1 week later
#455 3 years ago

Anyone know where to get the decal for the firing range spinner?
Or is it a DIY jobbie

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Anyone know where to get the decal for the firing range spinner?
Or is it a DIY jobbie

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1510-573

1 month later
#457 3 years ago

Ok so in my topper there was a mixture of 906 and 555 globes.
Is this right? I would have thought they're all the bigger ones.

Thoughts? Replace with all bigger flashers?

#458 3 years ago

That's correct. The 555 lamps are GI and the flashers are 906 sockets. The boards are designed that way.

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

That's correct. The 555 lamps are GI and the flashers are 906 sockets. The boards are designed that way.

Thanks!

1 week later
#460 3 years ago

Hello,

i have to restore my entire playfield.
maybe someone has good scans of the playfield ?

thx Mike

playfield_small (resized).jpgplayfield_small (resized).jpg
#461 3 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Hello,
i have to restore my entire playfield.
maybe someone has good scans of the playfield ?
thx Mike
[quoted image]

If you are willing to wait i am sure that Peter from Buthamburg is planning on making them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-2

#462 3 years ago

thank you,

I know him and have already ordered from him, but I'm already working on the playfield...

1 month later
#463 3 years ago

When the ball goes through the firing range spinner, is there meant to be any sounds? And like on Taxi, does the target amount change as the target spins?

I am trying to work out if my opto is broken or not.

Thanks

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

is there meant to be any sounds?

Yes.

Quoted from galaga50:

does the target amount change as the target spins?

Yes.

#465 3 years ago

Thanks. Guessing to check the opto board

1 month later
#466 3 years ago

Well I finally found a speaker cover for the topper of my Police Force after almost 3 years.
See post #401.
1. Reinforced the inside of the cover with fiberglass, very thin plastic!
2. Mounted 5 inch speaker on pipe straps
3. Mounted the speaker to the cabinet top
4. Secured speaker cover with soft washers

Sounds Great!

IMG_8565 (resized).JPGIMG_8565 (resized).JPGIMG_8571 (resized).JPGIMG_8571 (resized).JPGIMG_8572 (resized).JPGIMG_8572 (resized).JPGIMG_8574 (resized).JPGIMG_8574 (resized).JPG
#467 3 years ago

Hello! I bought my first pin about a month ago, a project condition Police Force. It needs a lot of work, and I'm doing a lot of reading, research, and starting to order some parts.

It's looking like I'll need to make my own spinner. Doesn't anyone have exact measurements for the spinner and shaft assembly? It looks like the spinner body is made of 3 metal sheets, one thicker in the middle, with space for the shaft. Does anyone have these measurements available, or willing to measure them for me?

I haven't made any progress yet, but you can follow my restore here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-project-police-force-573-request-backup

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from TwinCity:

Hello! I bought my first pin about a month ago, a project condition Police Force. It needs a lot of work, and I'm doing a lot of reading, research, and starting to order some parts.
It's looking like I'll need to make my own spinner. Doesn't anyone have exact measurements for the spinner and shaft assembly? It looks like the spinner body is made of 3 metal sheets, one thicker in the middle, with space for the shaft. Does anyone have these measurements available, or willing to measure them for me?
I haven't made any progress yet, but you can follow my restore here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-project-police-force-573-request-backup

I have another run of printed spinners finished. I have to trim them a little bit will have them posted soon I hope.

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I have another run of printed spinners finished. I have to trim them a little bit will have them posted soon I hope.

Great to hear!

3 weeks later
#470 3 years ago

I just picked up a Police Force, missing the topper. Anyone tried 3d printing replacement toppers for them?

#471 3 years ago

New to the club, I have a Police Force missing the topper, anyone have one? PM me if you are willing to part with one and willing to ship if not near me.

Thank you

1 week later
#472 2 years ago

Can anyone take a picture of the light board behind the jail, mine is just laying down held up by the ramp and the wires, and am looking for a better idea of how it is supposed to be.
Thanks

#473 2 years ago

Just replaced all my plastics and rubbers, and now my pf doesn't recognize when the ball drains.

Not sure what has happened, anyone have any ideas?

1 week later
#474 2 years ago

So my machine sat in a garage for 12 years. So far I have fixed 3 switch errors, put new molexes on the interconnect board, GI as usual was burnt. I have replaced the rusted up legs, soldered on about 2 loose wires on the coin door, started to replace the bulbs with LEDs, I found the blue beacons for the topper and the light boards that go underneath, and have got the car running, it apparently had been broken long before it went to the garage for storage. I also got the flippers working, a fuse plus a loose wire. The list is far from done, but at least I am making progress on bringing this one back.

I also have the C and E on the lamp board not lighting underneath the playfield, might pull the board when I get a chance. And I have the famous diverter error, seems to be a regular thing, one of these days i will pull the playfield and get it fixed.

20210411_082916 (resized).jpg20210411_082916 (resized).jpg
#475 2 years ago

Well I replaced the diagnostics switch in my machine. Finally I can get through test mode, the old switch i had to mash repeatedly to get through one step.

Also, feel free to make fun of my soldering, I just started soldering with this machine, I described this job akin to a 12 year old boy giving it a go.

20210327_173226 (resized).jpg20210327_173226 (resized).jpg20210417_073613 (resized).jpg20210417_073613 (resized).jpg20210417_073712 (resized).jpg20210417_073712 (resized).jpg20210417_073816 (resized).jpg20210417_073816 (resized).jpg
#476 2 years ago

Everyone must start somewhere, I would say you need to do the green wire over as it will pop off soon. Buy some paste flux and apply the heat to the switch lead first. Soldering requires 3 hands to do it correctly, or you can insert the wire into the hole and bend it over and use 2 hands. YMMV. Any way keep practicing!

Playball!

Quoted from Froytheorc:

Also, feel free to make fun of my soldering

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#477 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Everyone must start somewhere, I would say you need to do the green wire over as it will pop off soon. Buy some paste flux and apply the heat to the switch lead first. Soldering requires 3 hands to do it correctly, or you can insert the wire into the hole and bend it over and use 2 hands. YMMV. Any way keep practicing!
Playball!

[quoted image]

Thank you! I will certainly redo it, I appreciate the advice.

4 months later
#478 2 years ago

Hey fellow police force owners. I've got a problem with a couple of the wire gates on my Police Force (1989) table. The two key problem spots are the middle ramp entry gate (that causes the drum-roll to invoke) and the other is the metal gate at the top of the playfield where you shoot the right orbit and wrap around to the G.U.N./TOP COP area. I've included clarifying images of each.

Quite frequently (at a guess maybe 25% of the time overall, maybe more) a ball that is hit very cleanly into the middle ramp will get stopped dead by the metal gate. When I test it with my finger I'm unable to reproduce it, so I'm not sure what exactly is malfunctioning. It seems that the gate must be getting bound on something, maybe the ball is hitting it high or something? And instead of swinging open it just punts the ball back. The metal gate up near the top of the playfield is a similar problem but it much more pervasive. I'd say that well over half the balls that get sent up the right orbit wall get rejected by the gate. Again, it moves when probed with the finger so I'm having a hard time understanding what is happening under play conditions that makes it deny entry.

I have tried the obvious of lubricating the gate hinges with some machine oil, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Perhaps the metal gets need a slight adjustment in their shape or something, but I don't want to mess with that before I see if someone else has been through this trouble shooting process and has a hot tip on what's likely needed.

1292a71204601395a8738bb7fd1559558fb5e7be (resized).png1292a71204601395a8738bb7fd1559558fb5e7be (resized).pngffd35c553bab4de2ff0edf71eba96d04fb95d783 (resized).pngffd35c553bab4de2ff0edf71eba96d04fb95d783 (resized).png
#479 2 years ago

I have the same issue with the top gate. Did you check to ensure your entry onto the playfield gate isnt getting in the way of a shot? I feel like my shots hit there and get off trajectory just enough to stop it from clearing the top gate. I wonder if the hard black rubber near the gate is part of the issue (I have the same one there)

I have no issues with my ramp gate. Maybe take the gate out completely and verify your ramp entrance is not launching the ball into the Unlimited Millions bracket? Or add a couple spacers under the screws holding it in place?

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I have the same issue with the top gate. Did you check to ensure your entry onto the playfield gate isnt getting in the way of a shot? I feel like my shots hit there and get off trajectory just enough to stop it from clearing the top gate. I wonder if the hard black rubber near the gate is part of the issue (I have the same one there)
I have no issues with my ramp gate. Maybe take the gate out completely and verify your ramp entrance is not launching the ball into the Unlimited Millions bracket? Or add a couple spacers under the screws holding it in place?

Actually, I do occasionally have my shot snag the far side of the playfield entrance. There is very noticeable wear on the metal barrier there where the ball is catching it. When this occurs, though, it's very obvious and the ball doesn't make it to the gate at all. Anyway it sounds like this is a fairly common problem, so I'm going to probably ignore that issue while I focus on other fixes and then eventually look at what options might exist for changing the gate out for another style, like the wire one after the plunger shot.

As for the middle ramp, I did try backing out the screws holding the ramp down to take some of the angle off the metal ramp extension, but I think that this metal piece is somewhat bent already. I think what I'll try here is remove the ramp enough to remove the metal extension and flip it over and then also add washers to the ramp base like you suggested.

#481 2 years ago

Another question for you Police Force owners. My volume potentiometer on the inside of the cabinet is jammed. It only has about 1mm of travel in it and goes from no volume to max volume with pretty much no gradient. I need to replace it. According to the documentation the machine calls for a 10K ohm pot here. I have a "b10k" pot on hand, but not sure that it's entirely compatible. It is also smaller than the one in the machine, with a shaft too small to attach to the bracket. I'd like to get a proper replacement for this pot, but it's so old that the text on the underside can't be fully read. I also understand there are different types of pots, some designed for volume, etc, and the owners manual doesn't talk about whether these differences matter or not.

Can anyone advise me on the terminology I need to use to find the correct part for this machine? Or is my smaller-shaft B10K pot sufficient for the task if I can just mount it somehow?

#482 2 years ago

Pretty sure any 10k pot will work. I would remove the current one and see if it can be cleaned with isopropyl or deoxit first.

Here is something that shows the schematic from a sys11. I have this mod on my Jokerz! but not on my Police Force and honestly really never notice a difference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-volume-pot-value-game-too-loud

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Pretty sure any 10k pot will work. I would remove the current one and see if it can be cleaned with isopropyl or deoxit first.
Here is something that shows the schematic from a sys11. I have this mod on my Jokerz! but not on my Police Force and honestly really never notice a difference.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-volume-pot-value-game-too-loud

Great advice. I took apart the pot and rebuilt it and it's running fine again. There was a broken plastic tab inside that had caused it to jam up between the stops. It's wired up and working now but holy god the machine is just loud. The lowest volume is still louder than I would like I'm going to have to try the resistor bypass next and see how that goes.

#484 2 years ago

Subscribing as I am hoping to join the club next week! So excited!

Chris

1 week later
#485 2 years ago

Arrived tonight! Will be a bit until I can get it to the basement due to some repairs from flooding, but can't wait until I can get it cleaned up and in the lineup!

IMG_4730 (resized).jpgIMG_4730 (resized).jpgIMG_4731 (resized).jpgIMG_4731 (resized).jpgIMG_4732 (resized).jpgIMG_4732 (resized).jpgIMG_4733 (resized).jpgIMG_4733 (resized).jpgIMG_4734 (resized).jpgIMG_4734 (resized).jpg
#486 2 years ago

Da Jews are MINE!!

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Da Jews are MINE!!

Can't wit to hear these callouts again. I remember Police Force having some of the most sound effects of any System 11 machine. I may be remembering wrong, but we'll see. Should fit nicely between Bad Cats and Big Guns.

Chris

#488 2 years ago

Has anyone purchased the mirrored Police Force backglass from CPR?

My translite is fine, just wondering if the "upgrade" is worth it.

Chris

#489 2 years ago

Got the Police Force set up in the basement. Have some things I need to sort out, but it's up an running.

The flippers will need a rebuild, that's no big deal. I am getting a DIVERTER IN error and the ramp diverter doesn't seem to be functioning during gameplay or coil test. I'll dig into that, but am excited to get this one cleaned up!

Chris

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Got the Police Force set up in the basement. Have some things I need to sort out, but it's up an running.
The flippers will need a rebuild, that's no big deal. I am getting a DIVERTER IN error and the ramp diverter doesn't seem to be functioning during gameplay or coil test. I'll dig into that, but am excited to get this one cleaned up!
Chris

Ramp diverter is a very common problem with this machine. Unfortunately you must remove the entire playfield from the machine to access it. When I got my police force almost 2 years ago it would click a lot like it was trying to divert but nothing was happening. Took it apart. Cleaned it up and reinstalled. Been working perfectly since. Apparently it’s just one of those things

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Ramp diverter is a very common problem with this machine. Unfortunately you must remove the entire playfield from the machine to access it. When I got my police force almost 2 years ago it would click a lot like it was trying to divert but nothing was happening. Took it apart. Cleaned it up and reinstalled. Been working perfectly since. Apparently it’s just one of those things

Thanks. It doesn't seem to do anything now. Bought the machine unshopped, so I expected some things to need to be done. Will address during the shop out. Thank you for the info!

I got a new cable for the police car too. Any ides on how to attach that? It is one long piece of plastic belt, but no way to attach the ends together

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-573-B

Chris

2 months later
#492 2 years ago

Subscribing as I should be joining the force by the end of January. It’s being shopped, so nothing should be broken on the playfield when I get it.

Did Soren ever do a ROM for this game?

#493 2 years ago

What color star posts did everyone use on their Police Force?

I am shopping mine out now, and it had blue, but I am thinking yellow would work pretty darn well. Just wondering what others have done.

Chris

posts (resized).jpgposts (resized).jpg
1 week later
#494 2 years ago

OKay, so does anyone have detailed tear down pics of a police force shop out?

I took lots of photos (or so I thought) but an seriously stumped at some stuff and the order in which I removed it.

Thanks
Chris

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

OKay, so does anyone have detailed tear down pics of a police force shop out?
I took lots of photos (or so I thought) but an seriously stumped at some stuff and the order in which I removed it.
Thanks
Chris

Chris...I restored a Police Force once and have many detailed pictures.
PM me

#496 2 years ago

Is anyone willing to sell there police force to me for 1600$ in near where I live

#497 2 years ago

Would anyone want my used ramps? They aren't totally trashed, but do have some damage (see pics).

The screw holes are also blown out to they would need larger screws at the entrance to keep them down.

Ramps are free but shipping would be pricey as the box would be large. If you are in the Allentown, PA area we could meet up for local pickup as well.

Chris

IMG_5603 (resized).jpgIMG_5603 (resized).jpgIMG_5604 (resized).jpgIMG_5604 (resized).jpgIMG_5605 (resized).jpgIMG_5605 (resized).jpgIMG_5606 (resized).jpgIMG_5606 (resized).jpgIMG_5607 (resized).jpgIMG_5607 (resized).jpgIMG_5608 (resized).jpgIMG_5608 (resized).jpgIMG_5609 (resized).jpgIMG_5609 (resized).jpgIMG_5610 (resized).jpgIMG_5610 (resized).jpgIMG_5611 (resized).jpgIMG_5611 (resized).jpg
#498 2 years ago

Ramps have been spoken for. Thank you

Chris

2 weeks later
#499 2 years ago

Just picked police force in very good condition

#500 2 years ago

This fourom still active??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-club-we-enforce-the-law-of-the-jungle/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.