You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pf1 (resized).png
pf2 (resized).png
p[f3 (resized).png
pf4 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

Also double check any relays that are on the backboard. A lot of times these relays have cold solder joints that affect gi.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from dougan1978:

Great questions. Fuses are fine. as all 4 fused on the interconnect board are the same right in that are f1-4 i did swap f1 with f2 and same result. The connector on the right side. where they yellow/white wires are and the yellow whites are that loop may be a part of the issue looks like those may be burnt after closer inspection. So maybe it is just an issue with j6 on the interconnect board?

That burnt connector is very likely your issue. Wiggle it w game on. Do lights flicker?

Snap a pic of the connector and post it

You’ll
Wanna replace both male and female connector housings.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

That burnt connector is very likely your issue. Wiggle it w game on. Do lights flicker?
Snap a pic of the connector and post it
You’ll
Wanna replace both male and female connector housings.

Any updates op?

#11 3 years ago

There's a relay board on the insert door of the backbox that will control the on/off function (blinking) of the GI lights.

I would look to that. A LOT of times the connector has cold joints. Reflowing the connector solves it. I believe it's sol. 11 for the relay. Page 40 of the manual shows the relay position for reference.

ALSO: as i had this issue just the other week: make sure those wires you repaired are pressed firmly into the new connector housing. There is a special tool you can use that kinda pushes them into their groove and you can feel them go in. I had THOUGHT i had all my gi wires inserted, but still they didn't light. WELL, turns out, they weren't pushed in well enough.

Your issue is something simple.. you just haven't found it yet..

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from dougan1978:

I reviewed the plug again and made sure the wires were in there deeper. When I touch the yellow/white with red lead and yellow wire with black lead on my multimeter I get 5.9vac across all pins. So I think I got the plug sorted. So the issue that remains must be with the board i am guessing. Reviewed that relay board as that is where the green and browns go and wiggled theplug on there and wires fell out of the connector. So someone set me up for failure there. However after touching the wires in to the connector all my lights came on so problem solved hopefully. Thanks all!

Great! relay it was.

GI issues are easy to track down. Glad it's fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-backbox-lights-out?tu=Blackbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.