You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

all_3_concept.JPG
2012-02-04_15.00.53.jpg
2012-02-04_14.17.15.jpg
#1 11 years ago

We'll soon be bringing Police Force fully back to life. Does the general public like these kinds of original themes? I think it would be a good addition to any lineup. The music, sound effects, and call-outs are excellent. "Eh-heh-heh-heh! The jewels are mine!"

#2 11 years ago

Police Force was originally supposed to be Batman, but then Williams didn't get the theme. From the little that I have played, it's a great theme and great game for kids, but it gets a little easy a little quick. Try it out though, you might think differently than I!

#3 11 years ago

Yeah, the jailhouse was originally supposed to be the bat cave and the police car was supposed to be the bat mobile.

#4 11 years ago

Sister-in-law is fixing one up as we speak! I can't wait to play it. I remember games of that era a little bit, but more the bigger ones like Taxi.

#5 11 years ago

My daughter loves it! If you hit the center ramp over and over, it builds to make it a 1M-point shot every time!

#6 11 years ago

I have never played it but, it has a...oh...half decent design team?

#7 11 years ago

It's fairly simple, but if you set up the side drains and make the rules tough, it can be challanging.

I enjoy it a lot.

Robert

#8 11 years ago

The take high score feature on the last ball is fun and adds a great dynamic to "stealing" the other person score in 3 and 4 player games. You can be in last place and in a couple flips move to first place. We enjoyed this pin in league play with that feature and is very enjoyable with nice sounds and lights.

#9 11 years ago

This game is goofy as mentioned if you just like to play getting that center ramp 16 times makes for some fun.. I am horrible at hitting the right ramp but I changed something at one point that did that..

You must buy the cliffy ramp protectors for this game ... No questions.
I don't personally feel this is a single pin collection for home use get old quick.. But for on site or multi pin collection it's fun.. Always enjoy finding it on site and running the center ramp like 20 times just to get on the top 4 score

#10 11 years ago

I have one now in a temp trade and I love it. Simple rule set but really fun, great theme and callouts and the steal high score double your score shot is tough. I've always been a DMD guy, but the police force has me revisiting the system 11s.

#11 11 years ago

I love mine, as I do most Sys 11 games.

#12 11 years ago

I wanted it as a companion to Taxi. I finally got to play a few games and it wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like how you can collect any animal any time.

#13 11 years ago

I finally got to play it at pin a go-go this year and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Great artwork for sure, and a very charming game overall.

#14 11 years ago

I liked it a lot.

It had me thinking about taking over another room in the basement for a "system 11" collection.

Just make sure your skill shot spinner is there if you're buying one. Those things are beastly rare.

#15 11 years ago

i wouldnt think twice about restoring a police force. its a good game that will keep you entertained. dont think of putting money into the pin as an investment, think of it as spending money as part of your entertainment budget.

#16 11 years ago

Great game a classic system 11!

#17 11 years ago

Restoring mine now, fun game.

#18 11 years ago

I enjoyed mine, but the game could have really been improved with some added setting options. If they would have had a setting to only pick up one or two criminals at a time it would have added to the games lasting appeal. As it stands....it's pretty easy to pick up all 4 criminals when any of there hits count at any time.

It's like Taxi or Diner....but much easier. Plenty of sytem 11 charm though.

#19 11 years ago

I've always wondered if Williams did get the Batman license at that time.

#20 11 years ago

I finally got to play it at pin a go-go this year and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Great artwork for sure, and a very charming game overall.

I brought the PF to PAGG this year, Its a fun game. Glad you enjoyed it practicalsteve. I recently sold it to a local who had played it at PAGG.

Here's an easy mod i did on it. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-police-force-car-mod

2012-02-04_14.17.15.jpg2012-02-04_14.17.15.jpg 2012-02-04_15.00.53.jpg2012-02-04_15.00.53.jpg

#21 11 years ago

I brought the PF to PAGG this year, Its a fun game. Glad you enjoyed it practicalsteve. I recently sold it to a local who had played it at PAGG.
Here's an easy mod i did on it. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-police-force-car-mod

I did the same mod on mine. It seems weird that the topper and the police car in the translite have blue lights, but the car on the machine had red. The white headlights also look better than the factory yellow.

I had another mod planned but I sold the machine before I got it done. I was going to put Dirty Harry standup targets in place of the Loan Shark's orange circle targets.

WARNING, BAD MOCK UP AHEAD:

all_3_concept.JPGall_3_concept.JPG

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I've always wondered if Williams did get the Batman license at that time.

Considering that Data East did a Batman pin and Williams never did, I'd say no.

2 weeks later
#23 11 years ago

Any difficulty settings in the menu?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Any difficulty settings in the menu?

Nothing very helpful as far as mixing the game up. There is a setting for if the captured criminals stay captured on you next ball or it resets them. That is about it.

I would have really liked a "start with 1 criminal lit" "start with 2 criminals lit" ect... settings to give the game a bit more of a challenge goal wise.

There are also setting for how many center ramp hits are needed to build up to the million and other settings like that.

You can find the manual on ipdb and look through the settings than can be changed there.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

There are also setting for how many center ramp hits are needed to build up to the million and other settings like that.

Thank goodness, anyone tweak the number of shots to million plus? If so what setting should we use?

#26 11 years ago

I played one at EXPO last year and really enjoyed it! It's hard to go wrong with a system 11 pin

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Thank goodness, anyone tweak the number of shots to million plus? If so what setting should we use?

I just left everything default. I think that setting might have been a auto adjusting one also, but I'm not certain. So if you hit the million too easily it would then start the starting value for ramp hits lower.

#28 11 years ago

I like mine, cool cheap pin. They all can't be A-Titles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-appeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.