(Topic ID: 165063)

Pokemon Pinball

By Mato

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Pokemon Pinball”

• Yes I choose you Pikachu 23 votes
      38%
    • No Way Charmander 25 votes
      42%
    • Maybe squirtel 6 votes
      10%
    • How do you get Pikachu on a bus?? You Poke him on!!! 6 votes
      10%

(60 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ulCbb3P.jpg
    65213381_(resized).jpg
    7091a4f84e6fb734ad1c62dec35988f6_(resized).jpg
    7bd33360481a0b5c2ae0ce06f154980dd4bf32e3_(resized).jpeg
    f2a8825d-6cb4-44a9-9e36-28cdc4ddca4c-original_(resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

Now that Pokemon is back in a BIG way what's your thoughts on a pinball??!

#2 7 years ago

I imagine it will fizzle out in a couple months as folks move onto the next big thing. The development cycle of a pin is too long to take advantage of a momentary fad like this.

However--the franchise itself has been around for 20 years, so who knows.

#3 7 years ago

Fad, move along...

Wheres my Pinkberry pinball?

1 week later
    #4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

Now that Pokemon is back in a BIG way what's your thoughts on a pinball??!

f2a8825d-6cb4-44a9-9e36-28cdc4ddca4c-original_(resized).jpegf2a8825d-6cb4-44a9-9e36-28cdc4ddca4c-original_(resized).jpeg

#5 7 years ago

I think it's a great theme!

#6 7 years ago

well, pokemon has been around since 95, and now kids who grew up with it are getting in there 30s, like myself, and could have a nostalgic pull to it like some of the older bands and stuff stern has done that the other crowd likes maybe more than the next generation.

I think it could be a good generational game that could pull in a lot of younger players if done right. It is amazing to me how many people are into pokemon that you never would have guessed. Now they are out in the open with the pokemon go app but talking to a lot of those players, they all pretty much have had pokemon in there life at some point; whether it be the gameboy games, card games, or the cartoons- there is a large base of the population touched by the franchise (and a franchise that doesnt seem to be slowing down any time soon)

Honestly, I feel like to younger gamers pokemon is like my mario, or pac-man or galaga, like the thing synonymous with gaming to them, or like their first introduction to gaming.

If done right I think it would crush on route and still have a place to the home collector.

#7 7 years ago

Although I think a full on Pokemon pinball could be cool, I'm currently thinking about an ice cold beer type of game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-ice-cold-beer-type-game

These guys are brilliant and I'm hoping their end project would allow easy implementation of a Pokemon theme. Roll the pinball up the backboard into the right hole to catch the Pokemon that's on the display.

#8 7 years ago

this dude Amendes just goes into every pokemon thread and downvotes anyone who says anything positive about it lol

#9 7 years ago

I think it could work, don't know to much about the history of the theme coz I was never into it, but sounds like it could be fun, with a lot of characters to find etc..

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

this dude Amendes just goes into every pokemon thread and downvotes anyone who says anything positive about it lol

Oh man, sorry! I didn't realize it was you on this pic! Anyway, shitty theme for sissy people, IMO, that's why I downvoted, because I don't agree, that's all. Anyway... the pic is great!

7bd33360481a0b5c2ae0ce06f154980dd4bf32e3_(resized).jpeg7bd33360481a0b5c2ae0ce06f154980dd4bf32e3_(resized).jpeg

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

shitty theme for sissy people,

You may think it's a shitty theme, but I doubt you'd call me a sissy to my face.

But thanks for the trolling, it says more about you then the theme your ridiculing.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes: shitty theme for sissy people

I agree!

Edit: dont care for pokemon, think its a stupid thing. Only good about pokemon go is some people gets out walking.... but then again people start cheating by putting their phone on their dog, ceiling fan etc and then the whole point is lost.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You may think it's a shitty theme, but I doubt you'd call me a sissy to my face.

Hey, if the shoe fits you, wear it!

#14 7 years ago

If playing Pokemon makes you a sissy, then I'm definitely a sissy.

#15 7 years ago

This seems like a title Data East could have pulled off. Maybe Stern could do this title as a DE throwback

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Honestly, I feel like to younger gamers pokemon is like my mario, or pac-man or galaga, like the thing synonymous with gaming to them, or like their first introduction to gaming.

I think that is a key point. I'm a little bit too old myself but for many people 30 and under in the US there is a good chance they owned a Nintendo Gameboy / DS / 3DS / whatever and they likely played some version of a Pokemon game. Look how many Pokemon games show up on the best selling video games of all time list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#All_platforms

Even before the Pokemon Go craze it was a popular brand. Separate from the games, there has been a daily TV show that has been airing for 20 years now and a popular card game. Go to any toy store in the US and you will find a section dedicated to Pokemon. It is also a somewhat unique brand in that it seems to appeal to boys and girls equally. Pokemon is just part of US culture now.

As for a pinball theme, I think it could work. I like the 80s, action movies, dramatic TV, rock bands, and super heroes much as the next guy but I'd like to see more diversity in themes. WOZ proves that themes that appeal to a group beyond the typical 30-50 year old male can be successful. I'm not saying make every pin family friendly but it would be nice to see a more diversity in themes. I would definitely consider buying a fun theme like Pokemon or Muppets.

#18 7 years ago

Just ordered one of these off eBay yesterday:

Not quite the same (no physical ball!) but it'll have to tide my kids over until the real deal is available.

#19 7 years ago

If they made such a pinball machine some would love it. And the rest would poke fun at it.

#20 7 years ago

the last pokemon pinball title (ruby/sapphire on the gameboy advance) was actually quite good. granted, there have only been a handful of video game pinball games that I would call "good".

alien crush and devil's crush on the turbo grafx were also very well executed and felt like "real" pinball

#21 7 years ago

I think if done correctly it could be a big game and it's been a while since we had a Nintendo themed pinball

There is over 250 pokemon to catch and then evolve plus a battle game would work as well.

Levelling up your Pokemon would be cool

#22 7 years ago

hahhahaaha... it just shows how s***y and over sensitive are you pokemon fanboys (do you also own woz pins?).... I don't give a shit about pokemon... I saw this pic, found funny and decided to post.... but you decided to take it personal because I downvoted smthg that I don't agree? big deal...

PS I: can you also please count my downvotes here on pinside? oh, and grab some statistics too, ok? now you got me curious and I'm so fucking lazy!

PS II: I don't give a flying fuck about olympics as well, so try smthg else, because it didn't work, ok? did I say I'm lazy? ok, I won't bother clicking any of your links too!

PS III: I downvoted you again so you'll have to update your countings!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hahhahaaha... it just shows how s***y and over sensitive are you pokemon fanboys (do you also own woz pins?).... I don't give a shit about pokemon... I saw this pic, found funny and decided to post.... but you decided to take it personal because I downvoted smthg that I don't agree? big deal...
    PS I: can you also please count my downvotes here on pinside? oh, and grab some statistics too, ok? now you got me curious and I'm so fucking lazy!
    PS II: I don't give a flying fuck about olympics as well, so try smthg else, because it didn't work, ok? did I say I'm lazy? ok, I won't bother clicking any of your links too!
    PS III: I downvoted you again so you'll have to update your countings!

nah just shows how ignorant you are to the world you live in. pokemon is a world wide sensation and athletes around the world play it but your to big of a man and scared to be seen as a sissy to play it.

also, sissy has to be the least disparaging thing ive ever been called, i dont care i just think its funny how much you hate pokemon and its funny that the most egregious thing ive done on pinside (according to downvotes) is say i think pokemon is a decent theme lol. obviously not every game is for everyone, this thread is about the theme being a potential pin, not how much you hate it over and over again and dont respect people who enjoy it or think its a good theme.

i also havent played a traditional pokemon game in over a decade and dont really care one way or the other if it was a pinball machine, just stated my opinion on its validity as a theme.

#24 7 years ago

Maybe he is upset cause he couldn't catch them all!!!

#25 7 years ago

This Pokeman madness is tearing us apart!!!!

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This Pokeman madness is tearing us apart!

Maybe you wish Pokemon would just Go?

#27 7 years ago

65213381_(resized).jpg65213381_(resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

Maybe he is upset cause he couldn't catch them all!!!

Probably upset because if they did introduce Pokemon Go in Rio, he couldn't play for fear of getting kidnapped, robbed, or having to go near their nasty water.

ulCbb3P.jpgulCbb3P.jpg

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Probably upset because if they did introduce Pokemon Go in Rio, he couldn't play for fear of getting kidnapped, robbed, or having to go near their nasty water.

oooohhh, really liked your thong.... oh yeah, you are the one who acknowledged to be a major sissy!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pokemon-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.