Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5BBE8DA8-B955-47A0-83C1-84CFE65F1D0B (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    choosepoke (resized).png
    1437050926895 (resized).jpg
    60535314_1345681948912954_6252426421000470528_n (resized).jpg
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

I agree that the title would be a massive hit with younger generation. Id buy one for sure. So many possibilities

#52 4 years ago

If they could ever get the license for this, it would be a home run at the coin box.

3 weeks later
    #53 4 years ago

Bump, please make this machine @STERN

#54 4 years ago

Instabuy

#55 4 years ago

I've got the cash in pocket for it. Make it happen, Stern.
    This is a game that many 30ish year olds AND children can instantly relate to.

#56 4 years ago

I'm not a pokemon guy and only just learned about it from my kids.

All I can say is if you put a card dispenser on this game (like Slugfest) and it spits out pokemon cards, my kids would spend every dollar they have on the game just to win a new card.

1 month later
    #57 4 years ago

Anybody notice the Squirtle hat during the Jurassic Park stream? Wasn't there a dinosaur drawing on the dry erase board during the Black Knight reveal stream? Stern trying to hint at something??

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #58 4 years ago

I doubt Pokemon is about to come out, but I like that there are Pokemon fans in there. Gives a glimmer of hope for a potential huge location theme.

#59 4 years ago

It is in sterns style to release a 30 year old franchise

#60 4 years ago

I'd be on board. I played the old Pokemon Pinball game for the GBA obsessively back in the day.

#61 4 years ago

Pokemon and Harry Potter would both be goldmines as far as pinball can be a goldmine. Both are popular and long-lived so nerds and their nerdy kids can both nerd out on them. I’m in.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pokemon and Harry Potter would both be goldmines as far as pinball can be a goldmine. Both are popular and long-lived so nerds and their nerdy kids can both nerd out on them. I’m in.

Apparently JK Rowling doesn't like the idea of pinball machines as she has the archaic view that its a form of gambling or something silly like that. So Harry Potter will never happen.. Luckily Pokémon is known to throw their name on just about anything so hopefully this actually happens!!

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Apparently JK Rowling doesn't like the idea of pinball machines as she has the archaic view that its a form of gambling or something silly like that. So Harry Potter will never happen.. Luckily Pokémon is known to throw their name on just about anything so hopefully this actually happens!!

I believe this to just be a rumor. No one has ever shown any proof of this. Not in a video or print interview. It's just hearsay, unless you've got proof

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I believe this to just be a rumor. No one has ever shown any proof of this. Not in a video or print interview. It's just hearsay, unless you've got proof

“J.K. Rowling doesn’t want a pinball machine at the moment. The category is not one she wants to happen,” says Sharpe

http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

Pretty sure Roger Sharpe is extremely credible...

#65 4 years ago

did anyone else catch someone on the dead flip Jurassic park reveal wearing a pokemon hat? remember the dinosaur drawing on the white board during the black knight gameplay reveal? doubt its a hint but ya never know

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

That is the 1 independent reference in all of google. I guess we’ll assume it’s true. Did Sharpe speak to her firsthand? More likely via a licensing agent or something. Was anything lost in translation? How was the question posed? Did she even have the state modern pinball explained to her? I picture a half listened to question of a very busy billionaire. HP isn’t over. No way

#67 4 years ago

Rare for me but it would probably be a hard no buy for theme. But you never know.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

“J.K. Rowling doesn’t want a pinball machine at the moment. The category is not one she wants to happen,” says Sharpe
    http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

Good quote from 2014. Thanks for finding some proof. The very next sentence after your quote is

But there’s possible good news for Potter fans.”I am first in line for the licence, and I am waiting for when the timing is right,” he says. “When it is I will see if a particular manufacturer will step up – or I might like to do it myself.”

So 5 years have passed, maybe the time is right.

#69 4 years ago

Also Harry Potter and pokemon both have mobile games made by niantic. What does this have to do with anything. Nothing. But both of these licenses have become looser with their IP in the last 5 years.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Also Harry Potter and pokemon both have mobile games made by niantic. What does this have to do with anything. Nothing. But both of these licenses have become looser with their IP in the last 5 years.

I think the main issue was always about the game ending up mostly in bars.

The games by Niantic are probably an easier sell because they're about walking around and visiting all sorts of places.

I think there will be a Harry Potter game someday, but likely when Rowling is even less involved with how the property is licensed. It would be interesting how they tackle the game. If they go pure books with all original assets, or if they would license the Warner Brothers movies and all of those actors/videos/audio/music. (I'd prefer books. I was young enough to enjoy the first few novels, but never saw more than the first movie)

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Rare for me but it would probably be a hard no buy for theme. But you never know.

It would definitely be a polarizing theme. I could see it being hugely popular on route, but there aren't too many collectors that are young enough to have an attachment to the license.

#72 4 years ago

Probably not well received by the pinball community. But if Stern really wanted to capture the low end of pinball sales with their home table. This would be the title to go with.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from mettle64:

there aren't too many collectors that are young enough to have an attachment to the license.

It’s 20 years old and was played by kids to adults when it came out so plenty of age range today

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

It’s 20 years old and was played by kids to adults when it came out so plenty of age range today

Not to mention any parents that want to get their kids into pinball, here's the gateway theme. Pokemon is still wildly popular with young kids.

6 months later
    #75 4 years ago

Replaying Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow via the edition you buy. The artwork on the sides would be uniform, but each backglass would focus on the starting pokemon! So you'd have to meet up with other players/editions or play them on location & truly catch them all. You could even make the few rare pokemon that do require you to play a different edition be a special multiball that starts almost immediately once you log in via a built-in WiFi that allows you to connect your Pokemon Go account. Ditch the story other than an intro when you first create your save file, but then it's all just battling, catching, gyms. Catching & battling would get a bit tedious, so that's where the save file comes in handy. Plus, you could have it build in complexity as the pokemon you are catching level up. The first few are caught by switch hits (anything on the playfield getting triggered) that build towards capturing. Then you have to hit specific shots, then combos, etc. (I love the ideas people have been throwing out for different modes. Catching by shooting a moving drop target or moving arrow/shot.)

Your save file is a click away via the app & a QR code on the machine's screen lets you pick up where you left off. That way you're not sick of the same basic animations being tied to the beginning pokemon, but you can make it through the grind of the game because, hey, at lease the Pokemon on the screen is changing, right? OMG & you could have a choice between the original animations or a remastered. Before you start the gym battles you'd change your lineup with a menu navigated by flippers/action button. I don't know how but you'd have to come up with a way to streamline the battles.

OH Okay, you could also incorporate a little mini screen (or if this Stranger Things idea works out, a projector, where you could change the drop targets & ramps to have the symbol of whatever Pokemon you just caught. Then the possibilities are endless!

7 months later
    #76 3 years ago

I’m just bumping this again because the thought of owning a Pokémon pinball machine where you have to defeat all 8 gyms to get to the elite four wizard mode is keeping me awake at night

#77 3 years ago

I’d buy one in a heartbeat. Probably the only title I’d buy without even seeing gameplay/images of first

#78 3 years ago

Definitely a theme that would make for a cool pin.

8 months later
    #79 2 years ago

Reposting on this because it would be an unreal theme.. I agree I’d buy without seeing

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sgtmax:

Reposting on this because it would be an unreal theme.. I agree I’d buy without seeing

Well your in luck!

Until pinside resolves the image issue you likely won’t be able to see a picture of a flyer (and one was built) for this Pokémon pinball machine.

5BBE8DA8-B955-47A0-83C1-84CFE65F1D0B (resized).jpeg5BBE8DA8-B955-47A0-83C1-84CFE65F1D0B (resized).jpeg
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pokemon-pin-pic-from-deadflip/page/2?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.