3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wickerman2
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8391 (resized).PNG
IMG_8390 (resized).PNG
IMG_2632 (resized).JPG
GTA_Go_(resized).jpg
look-undead-out-there-10-of-the-best-walkers-from-the-walking-dead-a-walker-looking-p-551821_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
giphy_(2).gif
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

going out and socializing for the first time in years

Took the kids to the park to play since we've been TCG players for years...had no idea. Mobs of zombies with phones. It's surreal. I agree it's great to get people out. Lots of people walking around that look like they don't typically hit the park to walk a mile or 2. People will be healthier while they lose all their personal data!

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from KerryD:

OR I am waiting for the "give me 2$ and you can come in and get a "xx pokemon" advertisements.

already happening sort of...metro area bars/shops are advertising for Pokemon Go and placing lures at their business. Read an article some bar had 30% increase in sales. Hopefully a lot of this will blow over so the servers quit crashing and the actual nerds that like Pokemon can play without the amateurs

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

local bar that did the same thing

My kid went with me to Dr. appt and played game along the way. We passed a strip club/marijuana dispensary: both PokeStops.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

still haven't even SEEN a Pikachu in the wild!

kids caught 2 in our living room this morning using an "incense"...NERDALERT!!

#77 3 years ago

already finding a way to avoid the walking! Come on people! Smart biz by the pedicab though

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm loving the enthusiasm for this game. I hope the developers make updates to keep interest alive.

Hopefully they will make it more like the TCG for battles and other things. Looks like this is just the framework. If they make it too detailed they might lose the non-pokemon people I guess, which would decrease the server crashes .

#87 3 years ago

What do hackers have against pokemon? Crazy kids.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I've been hanging out in my tiny suburban park at night this week

Formerly creepy activities take on a whole new look with Pokemon...

Side note: How does anyone that does not live in a metro area play this? Without any population density nothing spawns unless you use lures etc. Would be nice if they'd change the spawn to be more even or random but maybe that's a data issue since they'd have to do it over the entire planet instead of "just" where people and their phones are?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

but the game is pretty bland.

You can count on them expanding all aspects of the game. This is just the framework to start as I understand it...read a couple articles interviewing the creators.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Is there a discernible level of skill involved?

it's a phone app, not the olympics! It's just silly fun.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

discernible level of skill involved in birdwatching?

stealth...stealthiness...like a ninja

#119 3 years ago

latest update is a real turd. Hopefully they'll change it but removing tracking, blocking external tracking...what's left? Wander aimlessly?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It was causing the game to freeze and lock up phones.

that was happening to us as well. I stopped using it.

4 months later
#127 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes, hate the speed limit restrictions. Used to be able to rebuild driving around since I have the watch. Now I have to ride my bicycle and do loops. That only gets stops cause they killed the ability to count that as walking also.

odd how they seem to making it harder and less fun (the streak thing is good though) while their numbers go down...wonder if Starbucks is regretting their deal that just went in to effect. I think they've blown it really. People with apps/phones/tech have ADD and will move on quick if you aren't careful.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Really, new pokemon? Are they visible in Pokedex, I don't see any yet?

bunch of little guys and only from hatching eggs....a scheme to get you to spend $$ on incubators

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I think it's a scheme to keep you walking and playing, as most people are now snuggled up inside and not out running around looking for Pokestops or trying to hatch things.

I'd believe that if they didn't charge for incubators

7 months later
#139 2 years ago

Pokemon Fest today....any pokenerds attending? Went to the park with the kids and there were actually lots of people out doing the challenges.

#142 2 years ago

Sounds like the actual fest was a minor disaster...we still had some fun walking around here.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Watch your defender bonus, 2nd time now I got zero coins for being in a gym the required time. Sent an email to complain.

there are some bugs in the current update for sure

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

I've filed multiple bugs with Niantic, but they've never ever even acknowledged the reports.

Compared to the first couple months after release it's working like a dream! You'd think they'd have it figured out by now though

The raid system is cool but until they have some sort of invite/friend feature you really can't even do a level 4 let alone a 5 unless you proactively assemble 5 or 6 level 30 people.

11 months later
#152 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Anyone else still play? Wanna be friends in game? Here’s my trainer code.

2884 2712 9524

Haven't played in a while--just started the trading features? I'll send a request

#155 1 year ago

6437 1860 1928
7632 0510 7914

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

6437 1860 1928
7632 0510 7914

0588 3093 6814

FYI "Kids" accounts created on pokemon.com won't allow any trading and will have to be registered all over again at level 1.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 22.00
Hardware
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
Twilight Zone Sticker Out of stock
UpKick Pinball
$ 37.50
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside