Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8391 (resized).PNG
IMG_8390 (resized).PNG
IMG_2632 (resized).JPG
GTA_Go_(resized).jpg
look-undead-out-there-10-of-the-best-walkers-from-the-walking-dead-a-walker-looking-p-551821_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
giphy_(2).gif
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I haven't watched the cartoon, I haven't read the manga, I haven't played the CCG, I played the one on the Game Boy over a decade ago and I didn't care much for it.... but I'll be damned if this freakin' app didn't take over my entire weekend.

It may be a silly activity, it may make people a target for unsavory folk, it may lead to you discovering a body near the river, but bless Nintendo and Niantic for getting people off of their couch!

So who here is playing it?

#4 7 years ago

Yeah! I have seen SO MANY people out there with the tell-tale signs of playing it: walking around erratically, swiping up, assembling in groups... I went to the park yesterday, put a Lure Module on a Poke Stop, and watched as people gathered around to enjoy the Poke Party!

Really, I'm 43 years old, and now all of a sudden I wanna catch them all?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im not playing it, but holy crap.....its gone viral on all media. Even my local police dept posted on their fb......please dont drive and capture Pokémon

Definitely leave that for the person riding shotgun!

PS Your eggs will never hatch that way...

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is the stupidest goddamn thing ever invented.
And I'm counting the Pet Rock in that equation.

What a surprise, CrazyLevi hates fun.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

...damn another hit out of the park for them, with amiibo you never would of thought!

Amiibo, that's another thing! I'm too old to be playing with toys, yet I have like five of the sunsabitches!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is WAY stupider than a goldfish walker.
But since I'm sure you guys all suck at this anyway, maybe you can use some help...
newyork.craigslist.org link

I can't knock her hustle.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm wondering if she's caught more dick picks or pokemon over the past couple of hours.

It could be both!

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why does it bother you so much that I find this ridiculous? I spent a weekend at pintastic with a guy who was locked into this idiocy. There was nothing "social" about it, except that he kept telling me about shit I couldn't care less about (what he just caught for instance). This does not promote social activity, and in fact, retards it. When people are locked into this, they are not listening to anybody or interacting with anybody in a social manner. It's not "bringing people together" it's just driving another technological wedge between them.

Complete bullshit.

I spent the last weekend walking around a neighborhood park, trying to catch them all. Saw a bunch of fellow nerdlingers crowded around a Poke Stop, the likes I had never seen before. There were virtual leafs flying all around it! I walked over, asked one of them what was going on, and he told me that someone had placed a Lure on the Poke Stop so that everyone around it had a better chance of finding more Pokemon. Everyone was laughing and sharing what they had caught with other people - some people were their buddies, some people, like myself, were total strangers.

So that's one event that completely discredits the bullshit you're spewing.

Here's another one: right across the street from my house is a dog park / skate park. It's got a few Poke Stops and some Gyms. My GF and I - both in our forties - went walking around, looking for Pokemons. A bunch of skate rats rolled up to us and said "wow, are you guys catching Pokemon?!". We were a little embarrassed, but we admitted to it. Then one of these rad fellas says, "you gotta go over there, there's a rare so-and-so!".

Basically, Crazy Levi, it's fine if you want to hate on Pokemon Go. You don't seem to find much joy in life as it is. But coming up with complete bullshit to try and validate your misanthropic views is just annoying.

#52 7 years ago

I mean, I'd really LOVE to argue further with a misanthropic dickhead, but I'd rather swallow glass.

Enjoy your wonderful life of hating everything.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

already happening sort of...metro area bars/shops are advertising for Pokemon Go and placing lures at their business. Read an article some bar had 30% increase in sales. Hopefully a lot of this will blow over so the servers quit crashing and the actual nerds that like Pokemon can play without the amateurs

There's a local bar that did the same thing and I was SUPER DUPER EXCITED STOKED to be there because I'm a nerd and I have no life [/CrazyLevi] but I was very disappointed that I couldn't catch anything or collect any of the Poke Stop goodies because the game just would not connect.

The only thing worse than getting my feelings hurt by cyberbullies is not being able to play the damn game the way Jah intended!

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

Someone should make a pokeman pinball machine real quick. Bet it would kill on location.

If someone doesn't capitalize on this phenomenon (ahem - fad), I'd be really surprised. And disappointed.

JJP are you listening??!?!

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's a man with joy in his life!
You know how I spent the weekend? hanging out with actual (non virtual) friends, playing pinball, and eating lobster at the Pintastic show. But hey, you win cause you were giggling with teenagers in the park.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey, I'm not the one going with the "you find no joy in life" angle. Take it up with Corny!

Arguing semantics is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How many times are you going to stop wasting time arguing with me? How does that glass taste?
Claiming that someone who thinks Pokemon Go is stupid has no joy in his life is the first refuge of the butthurt.

Funny, I could've sworn coming into a thread that you have no interest in just to proclaim how above it all you are was the first refuge of the butthurt.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

The real question op is....did you do the Easter egg and start with Pikachu for your starter...???!!!...............Joey

I really wish I knew about that before I started... I still haven't even SEEN a Pikachu in the wild!

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

copied and pasted from a facebook group on how to evolve your Eevee:
"It would seem that there is in fact a way to force an evolution of your Eevee. The Eevee Brothers from the original anime were named Rainer, Pyro, Sparky and they owned a Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon respectively. If you nickname your Eevee either Rainer, Pyro or Sparky, your Eevee will evolve into that desired Eeveelution!
Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon
I have tried it on a few Eevees and so have friends, and we've seen a 100% success rate. Feel free to give it a try and post back here with results!
Video proof - » YouTube video"

Holy shit, that's awesome! My town is lousy with Eevees!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pokemon-go?tu=cornelius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.