Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8391 (resized).PNG
IMG_8390 (resized).PNG
IMG_2632 (resized).JPG
GTA_Go_(resized).jpg
look-undead-out-there-10-of-the-best-walkers-from-the-walking-dead-a-walker-looking-p-551821_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
giphy_(2).gif
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 7 years ago

.....in Canada waiting for the release date.

Don't think I'll get addicted, but I'd like to try it out. Also, I work in 5 cities so I wonder if that would help get em all?

2 weeks later
#117 7 years ago

Yesterday I hit level 20. I work in 5 different cities and always find new Pokemon when I stop at a hot spot in each city. Some places like Victoria park in my home town have 9 pokestops within a 10 min walk, there's literally 100's of people mulling around the park that normally wouldn't be there. The game is an immediate ice breaker. It's easy to spot other player and you've immediately got something in common with them. My good friend that is a stereotypical "hardcore world of Warcraft player" has walked 40km and met dozens of new people in the last 2 weeks. So that's not normal for him but life changing from an outsiders perspective.

The game will become more popular as time goes on. With the addition of features like trading Pokemon with your friends, and battling friends outside of a gym, the enjoyment of the game will better and more appealing to a wider audience. The curious onlooker will start playing just to shit talk their friends and feel included.

What are your best play tips? Here's some of mine.

Save stardust.
Always evolve before powering up. Your pokemon's attacks might change when you evolve it, so only power up ones your sure you'll keep.
New Pokemon's combat points will grow as you grow. When you are bigger, you see bigger Pokemon.
Hatched Pokemon plateau at level 20, you won't hatch Pokemon with more CP after that.
Wild Pokemon plateau at level 30. At level 30 you should find Pidgey with 400CP

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

latest update is a real turd. Hopefully they'll change it but removing tracking, blocking external tracking...what's left? Wander aimlessly?

My guess is, that feature was taxing on the servers causing issues. So they remove that feature until the servers can handle the load, then fix and reinstall the tracking. Last week at comic con the developers said that this is only 10% of the complete game. It hasn't even been released world wide yet.

4 months later
#125 7 years ago

Well, there's new Pokémon added into the game as of yesterday.

Is anyone else still playing?

I reached lvl 30 last week and completed my 1st gen local pokedex yesterday. All I need is the regional exclusives and any new 2nd gen that we're added.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Really, new pokemon? Are they visible in Pokedex, I don't see any yet?

The game data and sounds for all of the 2nd gen Pokémon is in the game code already. Niantic also made the Pokémon sprites load from servers instead of on the device, so they can have new Pokémon spawn at any time.

Currently the only new ones are baby Pokémon that you need to hatch.
IMG_2632 (resized).JPGIMG_2632 (resized).JPG

7 months later
#140 6 years ago

I'm busy today hosting a 40th B-day party for my sister, but tomorrow I plan to spend a couple hours at the park trying to get a legendary raid.

#148 6 years ago

I caught a Lugia today, also beat an Articuno but didn't catch it. For each raid we had 15-20 people. At one raid there were two different groups because that many people were around. It was pretty fun seeing that many people out.

11 months later
#150 5 years ago

Anyone else still play? Wanna be friends in game? Here’s my trainer code.

2884 2712 9524

#154 5 years ago

This is crazy. I posted my trainer Id on a chat during a live stream for a YouTuber from holland. I now have almost 120 friends from all over the world.

I’ll send gifts to everyone as soon as I can.

2 years later
#158 3 years ago

I play daily.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pokemon-go?tu=Luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.