Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8391 (resized).PNG
IMG_8390 (resized).PNG
IMG_2632 (resized).JPG
GTA_Go_(resized).jpg
look-undead-out-there-10-of-the-best-walkers-from-the-walking-dead-a-walker-looking-p-551821_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
giphy_(2).gif
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

only reason to pity him is for his choice in music and screen name

#52 7 years ago

I mean, I'd really LOVE to argue further with a misanthropic dickhead, but I'd rather swallow glass.

Enjoy your wonderful life of hating everything.

#53 7 years ago

This Pokemon stuff is actually starting to look kinda interesting....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pok-mon-turns-x-rated-145625407.html

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only reason to pity him is for his choice in music and screen name

Ooof. Low Blow! Low Blow!

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from KerryD:

OR I am waiting for the "give me 2$ and you can come in and get a "xx pokemon" advertisements.

already happening sort of...metro area bars/shops are advertising for Pokemon Go and placing lures at their business. Read an article some bar had 30% increase in sales. Hopefully a lot of this will blow over so the servers quit crashing and the actual nerds that like Pokemon can play without the amateurs

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

This Pokemon stuff is actually starting to look kinda interesting....
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pok-mon-turns-x-rated-145625407.html

Pokemon Go articles have been really interesting

Marines catching an attempted murder suspect while playing Pokemon Go
http://kotaku.com/marines-playing-pokemon-go-help-catch-attempted-murder-1783567566

Pokemon Go players fighting for control over the White House
http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-players-are-waging-war-over-the-white-house-1783516346

Pokemon dick pics
http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-nudes-are-a-thing-now-1783460692

Plus this wonderful gif

giphy_(2).gifgiphy_(2).gif

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Ooof. Low Blow! Low Blow!

Did Dave Mathews ever make it right for that pleasure cruise boat his touring bus dumped sewage on?

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

you truly have unlocked the mystery of how to achieve human happiness and joy in life. Perhaps one day I'll be like you, wandering around in an idiotic stupor trying to catch virtual what-have-yous while spending all day trying to keep up with what the latest fad and all the 12-year olds in a "game" that requires absolutely no skill.
Pure bliss.

Says the guy arguing about Pokemon, with people he's never met before, in the Off-Topic section of a pinball forum.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

already happening sort of...metro area bars/shops are advertising for Pokemon Go and placing lures at their business. Read an article some bar had 30% increase in sales. Hopefully a lot of this will blow over so the servers quit crashing and the actual nerds that like Pokemon can play without the amateurs

There's a local bar that did the same thing and I was SUPER DUPER EXCITED STOKED to be there because I'm a nerd and I have no life [/CrazyLevi] but I was very disappointed that I couldn't catch anything or collect any of the Poke Stop goodies because the game just would not connect.

The only thing worse than getting my feelings hurt by cyberbullies is not being able to play the damn game the way Jah intended!

#60 7 years ago

Someone should make a pokeman pinball machine real quick. Bet it would kill on location.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

Someone should make a pokeman pinball machine real quick. Bet it would kill on location.

If someone doesn't capitalize on this phenomenon (ahem - fad), I'd be really surprised. And disappointed.

JJP are you listening??!?!

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did Dave Mathews ever make it right for that pleasure cruise boat his touring bus dumped sewage on?

http://fusion.net/story/181632/dave-matthews-band-poop-chicago/

That's funny. I never heard of that.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

local bar that did the same thing

My kid went with me to Dr. appt and played game along the way. We passed a strip club/marijuana dispensary: both PokeStops.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Says the guy arguing about Pokemon, with people he's never met before, in the Off-Topic section of a pinball forum.

Hey, I'm not the one going with the "you find no joy in life" angle. Take it up with Corny!

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's a man with joy in his life!
You know how I spent the weekend? hanging out with actual (non virtual) friends, playing pinball, and eating lobster at the Pintastic show. But hey, you win cause you were giggling with teenagers in the park.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey, I'm not the one going with the "you find no joy in life" angle. Take it up with Corny!

Arguing semantics is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Arguing semantics is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

How many times are you going to stop wasting time arguing with me? How does that glass taste?

Claiming that someone who thinks Pokemon Go is stupid has no joy in his life is the first refuge of the butthurt.

#67 7 years ago

The real question op is....did you do the Easter egg and start with Pikachu for your starter...???!!!...............Joey

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How many times are you going to stop wasting time arguing with me? How does that glass taste?
Claiming that someone who thinks Pokemon Go is stupid has no joy in his life is the first refuge of the butthurt.

Funny, I could've sworn coming into a thread that you have no interest in just to proclaim how above it all you are was the first refuge of the butthurt.

#69 7 years ago

Looks like they found a sneak peak of a future marketing deal with Mcdonalds

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/07/13/pokemon-go-update-fixes-login-problems-sponsored-game-content-coming-soon

cue levi taking a shot at how shitty mcdonalds food is, because, well it is horrible and horrible for you lol

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I keep hearing this. Last I checked there's other ways to get off the couch and get out of the house.
Once this fad is over, is it back to the couch for good?

possibly, or maybe the next fad will come along. The fitbit helped get me off the couch, until 2 of them blew up on me and I won't buy one again. As long as it doesn't become an obsession and you walk into an open manhole, there's no harm in it. Except for the person who figured out to wait in ambush at an isolated location near a rare pokemon to rob people. I said hello to more people in town the other day hunting for pokemon than I have the past 2 months.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Funny, I could've sworn coming into a thread that you have no interest in just to proclaim how above it all you are was the first refuge of the butthurt.

This...

Delicious irony of him talking about people wasting time playing a game on a pinball site... and yet he has a dozen+ posts in the thread....
Sounds like someone is a bit jealous he's not been successful with his Pokemon hunting....

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

This...
Delicious irony of him talking about people wasting time playing a game on a pinball site... and yet he has a dozen+ posts in the thread....
Sounds like someone is a bit jealous he's not been successful with his Pokemon hunting....

probably throwing too many curve balls at weedles.....

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

The real question op is....did you do the Easter egg and start with Pikachu for your starter...???!!!...............Joey

I really wish I knew about that before I started... I still haven't even SEEN a Pikachu in the wild!

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I really wish I knew about that before I started... I still haven't even SEEN a Pikachu in the wild!

https://twitter.com/whitneylynnart/status/752330003342200832

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

still haven't even SEEN a Pikachu in the wild!

kids caught 2 in our living room this morning using an "incense"...NERDALERT!!

#77 7 years ago

already finding a way to avoid the walking! Come on people! Smart biz by the pedicab though

#78 7 years ago

#79 7 years ago

thats the sweetest pokestop haul ive ever seen. drop a lucky egg and go to town!

#80 7 years ago

copied and pasted from a facebook group on how to evolve your Eevee:

"It would seem that there is in fact a way to force an evolution of your Eevee. The Eevee Brothers from the original anime were named Rainer, Pyro, Sparky and they owned a Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon respectively. If you nickname your Eevee either Rainer, Pyro or Sparky, your Eevee will evolve into that desired Eeveelution!
Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon
I have tried it on a few Eevees and so have friends, and we've seen a 100% success rate. Feel free to give it a try and post back here with results!
Video proof -

"

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

copied and pasted from a facebook group on how to evolve your Eevee:
"It would seem that there is in fact a way to force an evolution of your Eevee. The Eevee Brothers from the original anime were named Rainer, Pyro, Sparky and they owned a Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon respectively. If you nickname your Eevee either Rainer, Pyro or Sparky, your Eevee will evolve into that desired Eeveelution!
Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon
I have tried it on a few Eevees and so have friends, and we've seen a 100% success rate. Feel free to give it a try and post back here with results!
Video proof - » YouTube video"

Holy shit, that's awesome! My town is lousy with Eevees!!

#82 7 years ago

I just downloaded this for my kids yesterday evening. They were out in the hot, hot weather hunting 'man. I'm okay with this. I made sure to tell them to 1. don't drop my phone and 2. don't run out in the street in front of cars.

#83 7 years ago

Somerset Patriots To Host Pokemon Go Night, July 19
TD Bank Ballpark​ in Bridgewater has been recognized as an official Pokémon Go gym location​.

our local minor league baseball team has jumped on the bandwagon. someone in marketing is thinking..

#84 7 years ago

I'm loving the enthusiasm for this game. I hope the developers make updates to keep interest alive.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm loving the enthusiasm for this game. I hope the developers make updates to keep interest alive.

Hopefully they will make it more like the TCG for battles and other things. Looks like this is just the framework. If they make it too detailed they might lose the non-pokemon people I guess, which would decrease the server crashes .

#87 7 years ago

What do hackers have against pokemon? Crazy kids.

#88 7 years ago

I dont always agree with CrazyLevi but he right this is a stupid waste of time chasing these Pokemon things. Full grown men walking around in a daze GEEEEEZ ! Someone is going to get ran over from not paying attention or get butt raped. lol

#89 7 years ago

I've been playing Ingress.. started pg too but haven't spent much time on it yet.
At this moment I still prefer Ingress

#90 7 years ago

I have seen some people playing Pokémon go that almost look like zombies

look-undead-out-there-10-of-the-best-walkers-from-the-walking-dead-a-walker-looking-p-551821_(resized).jpglook-undead-out-there-10-of-the-best-walkers-from-the-walking-dead-a-walker-looking-p-551821_(resized).jpg

#91 7 years ago

https://pokevision.com/

shows you what pokemon have spawned near you... or anywhere you search. pretty accurate from what I can tell

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I dont always agree with CrazyLevi but he right this is a stupid waste of time chasing these Pokemon things. Full grown men walking around in a daze GEEEEEZ ! Someone is going to get ran over from not paying attention or get butt raped. lol

Pokemon Go = Buttrape.

I also don't always agree with my esteemed colleague Pinbum...but when the man is right, he's right!

#93 7 years ago

I'm waiting for this...

GTA_Go_(resized).jpgGTA_Go_(resized).jpg

#94 7 years ago

I've been hanging out in my tiny suburban park at night this week with local players dropping lures. There are adults, teens, kids, couples, skaterboarders, old people, bikers... over 100 people on weekday nights. People are making friends, sharing food, drawing chalk Pokemon on the sidewalk, racing to anything interesting that spawns, and competing over the nearby gym. It's like a block party every day now. I can't believe how many people are playing this game. The weekends are going to be crazy.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I've been hanging out in my tiny suburban park at night this week

Formerly creepy activities take on a whole new look with Pokemon...

Side note: How does anyone that does not live in a metro area play this? Without any population density nothing spawns unless you use lures etc. Would be nice if they'd change the spawn to be more even or random but maybe that's a data issue since they'd have to do it over the entire planet instead of "just" where people and their phones are?

#97 7 years ago

What bugs me is people that have the game going in waiting rooms for some damn reason and don't turn the volume off. It is like the normal sound rules with your phone don't apply if you are playing PG.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

What bugs me is people that have the game going in waiting rooms for some damn reason and don't turn the volume off. It is like the normal sound rules with your phone don't apply if you are playing PG.

I walked around Walmart yesterday and every other aisle had a kid playing the game at full blast!

#99 7 years ago

It's Wal Mart, what do you expect? Remember K Mart 25-30 years ago? There was an MDC song in 1982 or so that began: "K-Mart hillbillies, Ignorant and Loud".

#100 7 years ago

I was in new york friday. INSANE!! lures everywhere. At least 500 people in bryant park . People in groups running around chasing pokemon. I think 8 stops in an area the size of a football field. Then went to rockefeller center. Again, lures everywhere. Stood there for an hour and was catching pokemon I've never seen before every 10 seconds. Never made it to central park, which I hear is nuts too. Up to level 21. To get to level 22 is 75,000 points. noticed every starbucks usually had 2 or 3 lures going. Not sure if its a marketing ploy or just lazy people inside.
I don't really care what anyone thinks, I'm having fun, not sitting on couch, and met a few nice people. I watch where I'm walking. I step out of the way when catching one. Its free and I'm not hurting anyone. also lost 3 pounds

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pokemon-go/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.