Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9008 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9009 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9007 (resized).jpeg
photo15 (1).JPG
poison-girl-artwork-hou.jpg
tx_houston02.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

When was this video taken?

#22 9 years ago

I am pretty sure Game Preserve moved out of the storage facility a good 2 years ago.
You can find them on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/TheGamePreserve
And their website. http://www.gamepreservehouston.com/

Now back on topic.
Any know of a few specific problems with the games at Poison Girl other that GI lighting on 3 of the games?

#46 9 years ago

I hear crickets with that one, Sir.

Just got home from Game Preserve. Worked on 4 pins, but only seemed to get 3 going. Bummer!

#50 9 years ago

Oh, I got called out. Will see how many issues can get worked out on Wednesday trip. I actually hadn't been to Poison Girl before. I hope she doesn't bite.

Anyone have an idea of some of issues? Hard to know what parts to bring not knowing what is broken.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

What are you doing up this late Brian?

I do know that I'm too old for that.

#58 9 years ago

Thank you Noahs_Arcade for the rundown of some issues you noticed.
On a vacation in Houston this week?

Looks like the common GI connector issues in JP GI backbox and the Shadow. Though I will have spare bulbs in case.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Brian is a awesome guy. He has come to my house twice and helped me with my pins and never asked for nor would he take a dime.

Thank you, Sir. Even with owning a collection since 2008, there is still a lot to learn about each series of games.
I still need to get back there and look at your ES pop bumper issue. Strange how the pop bumpers are not getting power even though it is going out ok from the Aux board.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

When are you going up there, Brian? I might swing by and lend a hand.

Wednesday 10am will be the first trip. Will have to see about scheduling a second trip if need more time fixing them. Yes, I could use your good hands. I hadn't worked on machines on location before. This will be cool.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

As long as you guys don't break The Shadow, you're both OK in my book. Let me know if it's running 100%. I need to step out and play this game I've been obsessing about for the last month and a half.

Haha...I'm going to suggest Shadow goes into hidding and gets replaced with Strange Science.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

You! Wouldn't! Dare!

What? Jokerz would be a better fit?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Just keep it up, old man! I work in front of a computer and I got a whole bag of thumbs down to pass out today!

Oh no you didn't. Must be nice to waste time on a furom at work.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

Brian, any chance you'll be there after 4? I could swing by then. And Jeremy, since the ol' ball 'n' chain is away for the week, you could come by and quality control the games!

There is a good chance I'll be there up till 6pm working on games. I hear the bar opens at 5pm. So that will be a bit of a challenge working around some people after 5pm.<

#79 9 years ago

I just finished working on a Funhouse sound board. I put it in my BSD to test out.
That sure is strange hearing Rudy talking in this game.

#81 9 years ago

According to the video and the list of games needing repair, there are 6 at Poison Girl.

#83 9 years ago

TopMoose is in town as well?

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Are you really up to 37 games?

Yes, but about 17 are projects right now that are not playable. Have 3 of the machines out of loan to friends as well. LOL House can only hold so many.

#90 9 years ago

I do enjoy going to Joystix. As a matter of fact, they are open this Friday night. I just may have to meet jwo825 up there. Then if I feel good on Saturday, I may go out to GP for a while. Not sure yet.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

What?! Venturing outside the house 2 weekends in a row? If you do go up to Joystix Friday let me know and I'll meet you up there.

I'm there with JO. Just don't know if I will hit Game Preserve on Saturday.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys want to meet up there? it would be interesting to meet some of you jackasses er I mean you guys.

Joystix man! You're place another time.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys email me if your going and what time. I would love to go and meet you if I can. I am having some serious shit going on with my daughter and my life is kind of hectic but Ill try to make it if you guys show up.

I count 6 of us going already. 9pm of course to beat the crowd so we can play 20 per game.
You need to come out to take a break from life.
Calgon, take him away.

#106 9 years ago

Erich, I sure hope you will have LM339's with you today.
Off I go, and I mean off. Text if you can.

#110 9 years ago

Wow. What a long day working on the games with my friend.

Happy to say these are playing much better. Though, the TREX has a bad left/right motor, so that part is down still.
I didn't get to play very much, but ran many of the tests that we possibly could before leaving at 5pm when the bar opened.
I only played a partial game on Indy500, and wow, with the new bulbs, GI connectors and that thing is looking really nice.
LEDs in the GI may be the only thing to help CFTBL.

Looking forward to hearing how these play for everyone.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys email me if your going and what time. I would love to go and meet you if I can. I am having some serious shit going on with my daughter and my life is kind of hectic but Ill try to make it if you guys show up.

Thank you, enjoy the show!

How about Game Preserve Saturday?

#112 9 years ago

The Poison Girl owner opened a new bar called Little Dipper. He mentioned it while I was on my way out of PG.
http://www.nightlifeinhtown.com/little-dipper-lounge-houston-texas/

I think he said there will be 2 machines there, but don't quote me on that.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

How did The Shadow play?

Sweet !!! The diverter is also fixed. Man, I sure love that ball lock that machine has.
You can now see the Shadow.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Excellent! I,m going to bring cash there tomorrow night and try to buy it. A lot of cash!

What? A whole 5 bucks? Play Indy500 while you are at it. That game rocks.....it has a shaker motor installed.

#119 9 years ago

I heard the Shadow knows.... Not sure what he knows, but he does know.

1 month later
#141 9 years ago

I saw some improvements on the games at Poison Girl yesterday.

Upper right flipper on TSPP is working as well as the pair on the upper playfield.
Shadow battlefield VUK and diverters are now working.
Indy 500 looks to have several things fixed, though I'm not an expert on the rules.
WOF was no longer recording the right ramp shot. Noticed that if you hit a flipper button when the left ramp post is up, it will make it drop.
I didn't play MB.

JP still has the DMD out.
Bar owner is considering upgrading the GI lights on CFTBL to LED's. I like the 3-LED's from Pinball Life. Anyone else have any LED suggestions for this game?

#142 9 years ago

Little Dipper bar now has Star Wars Episode One and Cyclone pins.
http://www.downtownhouston.org/guidedetail/little-dipper/

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from atxpinballer:

Hopefully Poison Girl works on the pins soon because I like to drink/play there while in town for HAAG expo. Never been to Hay Merchant, definitely going to check them out too while I'm there.

The machines had been worked on this past Saturday.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from atxpinballer:

Ha I guess I could have read your post from earlier. Thanks!

I hope the machines hold up. I will not have a chance to go back and play them until after the Expo is over.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I'll check them out before HAAG and let you know. I figure they'll be fine, but I was fooled once before. I can only imagine what kind of abuse those games are taking

I think it is just normal wear and tear. Even the MB being the newest one being built in 1995, they seemed to have held up pretty good over the years.

#149 9 years ago

So with P3 Multimorphic, Hobbit, TWD, TBL, and Full Throttle coming out soon, is there one of these any one would like to see pop up on routes?

Any interest in seeing AC/DC, Star Trek or Metallica on route? Of course, we would be talking PRO version.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I've gone to Hay Merchant several times just to play AC/DC and ST. I'd definitely go play any other game.
Honestly, if the games play well, I will go play them.

The bar owner was talking like he wanted to see which new game people would most likely play.
He seems interested in buying one new game.

Sorry to say Jurassic Park has a DMD out on top of the left/right motor being out on the T-Rex. That is a bummer. Just wanted to warn anyone about those issues.

#154 9 years ago

Doesn't seem like there is a lot of parking around Poison Girl.
The bar I think normally opens at 5pm on Saturday, but unsure of any other days.
It seems tough to have a tournament during the nighttime crowds. No?

9 years later
#176 47 days ago
Quoted from skquinn:

Nothing against the map feature here, but I have found typically Pinball Map is more up to date than this site.

This Pinside Pinmap is constantly up to date, promise you that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poison-girl-barcade-in-houston-tx?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.