Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo15 (1).JPG
poison-girl-artwork-hou.jpg
tx_houston02.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkdblaze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Looks like they've updated their lineup since I visited last summer. But how sad that the best pinball lineup in America's 4th largest city is in such dismal condition.

I would rank Poison Girl as somewhere around the 3rd best lineup (not including private collections), but first? Maybe in the dank bar category.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Getting around is difficult in Houston. My business travels usually only take me to the city center or the southern and western suburbs, so I haven't made it up to the Game Preserve. Next time I'm in town, where do you recommend I go?

I didn't realize you were not a native, so maybe PG is the best place for you. That said, I prefer Joystix (first and last Friday of every month) and The Game Preserve has a nice lineup (membership based). Also, the Lonestar Pinball Museum, is really cool (great atmosphere) and worth a visit (bit of a drive to Hockley).

Edit: Not to mention Brian's collection (may be invitation only, although you could always just show up on his doorstep). Are you really up to 37 games?

#100 5 years ago

Looks like the wife and I might make Joystix this Friday. Grandma's in town, so the baby is taken care of.

#130 5 years ago

Went to Joystix last night with the wife and had a good time. There were a lot of couples and groups of friends there. I didn't see many families at all, which I think is kind of a bummer. But with all the cussing, liquid cigarette smoking (which was almost as smelly as a real cigarette), overcrowding, etc. I can understand why.

This is a great place to play the newer games. All of the Sterns were fun (seemed like they had about 20 Sterns). And I got a lot of time on WOZ (had two versions, one 75th), which I hadn't played much before. They have some awesome newer vids and skill games as well, along with some great classics. I had never played Discs of Tron before, but I got some time on it and really enjoyed it.

The classic Bally/Williams are somewhat neglected. CFTBL, MB, CV - flipper problems. NGG, CC - resets. I think MM, Comet and WD were the only classics I played that worked. Many other classics were either turned off or sitting there with a ball trapped (Congo, amongst others).

All in all, it's a great place if you want to play a lot of games for 15 bucks and are willing to accept the bad with the good (downtown, large crowds, limited hours, etc.).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rexford, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkdblaze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside