Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9008 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9009 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9007 (resized).jpeg
photo15 (1).JPG
poison-girl-artwork-hou.jpg
tx_houston02.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spraynard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I went to poison girl a couple weeks ago. It's a cool venue, but the only machine that was in playable condition was Wheel of Fortune. Kinda sad, they have a nice little collection. I'm thinking about contacting the operator and asking if I can repair them pro bono

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Dan is a nice guy and usually keeps his games in working order. I went there years ago but Im not PC enough for that place. Go to Joystix.

Joystix is great, but only open 2 times a month kinda sucks. I'm going to check out gamepreserve this week. Anyone been there yet?

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Joystix is great and Charlie is a nice guy and his wife... good god Miss Agness is one good looking woman. They have a bunch of games to play. There is only one problem and it is that it is crowded. The last time I went I left because there were so many people. If you like looking at some fine young ladies though that is the place to be. Its a shame Im a married old fart now.

Yeah, the crowd can be a bit annoying. Lots of people bumping into your hands while playing pinball kinda sucks. Not to mention that newbies tend to start 4 player games and then bail after player 3 ball one. One of the major problems with the free play model in my opinion.

#109 9 years ago

Went to Poison Girl last night. Wow, they have an EXCELLENT whiskey selection. As for the pins, I only played WoF, and MB and CFTBL. WoF and MB both seemed to play fine. The lighting on creature was just way too dark. Right flipper also seemed weak, couldn't backhand the right ramp. Also, the VUK was ultra loose.

On Indy 500 both flippers were dead.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Excellent! I,m going to bring cash there tomorrow night and try to buy it. A lot of cash!

Laaaaaame.

#122 9 years ago

I aim to be at Joystix Friday--look forward to meeting some new folks and playing some games.

3 weeks later
#137 9 years ago
Quoted from skquinn:

Be sure to update the map. Was Creature still playable?
I'm glad I got to play WOF before it took a dump.

Creature was at least moderately playable when I was there on Friday. Still very dark. Flippers could use adjusting, impossible to backhand the right ramp from a cradle (which is crucial on that game, IMO). Near the end, the ball kept getting stuck in the right inlane.

I500 was sort of playable, although it wasn't registering left ramp shots, so you couldn't hit jackpots.

but yeah, like Noahs_Arcade mentioned, overall very disappointing. We had a much better time down the street at the Hay Merchant where the pins were in A condition, beers were great, and much less crowded.The replay values were also really low. We played for like 3 hours on 3 dollars.

1 month later
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

So with P3 Multimorphic, Hobbit, TWD, TBL, and Full Throttle coming out soon, is there one of these any one would like to see pop up on routes?
Any interest in seeing AC/DC, Star Trek or Metallica on route? Of course, we would be talking PRO version.

I've gone to Hay Merchant several times just to play AC/DC and ST. I'd definitely go play any other game.

Honestly, if the games play well, I will go play them.

#153 9 years ago

Who all would be interested in a playing in a league? The idea would be to have a season where we meet once a week to compete and socialize. At the end of the season we'd have a playoff.

Ideally we'd have a venue like Poison Girl to play at. Unfortunately, I don't think the maintenance there would support competition play. The other alternative is to lobby for more pinballs on route!

As an added note--I am willing to help anyone maintain pinball machines put on location (looking at you Poison Girl....).

#155 9 years ago

The bar owner was talking like he wanted to see which new game people would most likely play.
He seems interested in buying one new game.
Sorry to say Jurassic Park has a DMD out on top of the left/right motor being out on the T-Rex. That is a bummer. Just wanted to warn anyone about those issues.

I imagine Walking Dead would do really well at Poison Girl. ACDC and MET also.

But honestly, I would rather see him invest in maintaining the games he has....

#156 9 years ago

Doesn't seem like there is a lot of parking around Poison Girl.
The bar I think normally opens at 5pm on Saturday, but unsure of any other days.
It seems tough to have a tournament during the nighttime crowds. No?

I've never had trouble parking.

Also, this would be geared more towards locals. I doubt more that 15-20 people would be there on any given week. Also, the aim would be to do it on the deadest night of the week (e.g., Monday or Tuesday). That way the league gives extra business on the slower nights.

10 months later
#164 8 years ago

Visited Poison Girl Friday night. Wow, those pins just continue to deteriorate. CFTBL: No GI, pop bumpers completely dead. flaky switch in the slide shot. TSPP: Saw upper left flipper was stuck in up position, didn't even bother putting quarters in. I noticed several other people trying to put quarters in and they weren't registering. I500 was okay, had a STRONG lean to the left, and the levelers were rusted in place. Spiderman: all the CPU controlled playfield lights were out. Fun playing when you have no idea what's lit! MB, and Shadow were turned off.

It's sad seeing those games in such shit condition. It really doesn't do any good for the hobby

For all you Houston players looking to play, I've started the space city pinball league! We have regular events at The Game Preserve, and starting soon at Joystix's Bar. We'll also be having a tournament at my house soon.

Sign up for the league at spacecitypinball.com! The more we can grow pinball in Houston, the more location pinball will start to pop up.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Location pinball grows typically from people like myself the "collector/operator".
There is the rare operator who buys new games and the rare operator that upgrades games out.
Basically, route pinball is an uphill battle, leagues & popularity won't grow location pinball as much as
people starting to collector/operate, but those are so far and in-between...

creating demand doesn't increase supply?

#167 8 years ago

not saying i completely disagree with you, having collectors willing to put their games on route is important. However, theres a strong correlation between competition pinball and location pinball (e.g., Seattle, Chicago).

5 months later
#169 8 years ago

That was sad to read.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spraynard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poison-girl-barcade-in-houston-tx?tu=Spraynard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.