Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9008 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9009 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9007 (resized).jpeg
photo15 (1).JPG
poison-girl-artwork-hou.jpg
tx_houston02.jpg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Yeah, I've also gotta give Joystix a huge thumbs up too!

+1

Got my AC/DC and ST prem from Joystix. Wish I could join you guys Friday, but we have friends coming in from out of town.

photo15 (1).JPGphoto15 (1).JPG
#102 9 years ago

So you're in for Friday, Chris? Brian says 20 bucks a game + loser pays for the taco truck.

#103 9 years ago

You guys email me if your going and what time. I would love to go and meet you if I can. I am having some serious shit going on with my daughter and my life is kind of hectic but Ill try to make it if you guys show up.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys email me if your going and what time. I would love to go and meet you if I can. I am having some serious shit going on with my daughter and my life is kind of hectic but Ill try to make it if you guys show up.

I count 6 of us going already. 9pm of course to beat the crowd so we can play 20 per game.
You need to come out to take a break from life.
Calgon, take him away.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

Jeremy, can I be your bff for this week? Those ice cream pics look good and I want my photo-op before Barry.

I don't discriminate. I will ice cream with anybody. Anytime. Anywhere.

#106 9 years ago

Erich, I sure hope you will have LM339's with you today.
Off I go, and I mean off. Text if you can.

#107 9 years ago

I cant go. I am taking my wife to Chicago and REO Speedwagon. I forgot.

#108 9 years ago

I'll be there all five hours

#109 9 years ago

Went to Poison Girl last night. Wow, they have an EXCELLENT whiskey selection. As for the pins, I only played WoF, and MB and CFTBL. WoF and MB both seemed to play fine. The lighting on creature was just way too dark. Right flipper also seemed weak, couldn't backhand the right ramp. Also, the VUK was ultra loose.

On Indy 500 both flippers were dead.

#110 9 years ago

Wow. What a long day working on the games with my friend.

Happy to say these are playing much better. Though, the TREX has a bad left/right motor, so that part is down still.
I didn't get to play very much, but ran many of the tests that we possibly could before leaving at 5pm when the bar opened.
I only played a partial game on Indy500, and wow, with the new bulbs, GI connectors and that thing is looking really nice.
LEDs in the GI may be the only thing to help CFTBL.

Looking forward to hearing how these play for everyone.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Thank you, enjoy the show!

How about Game Preserve Saturday?

#112 9 years ago

The Poison Girl owner opened a new bar called Little Dipper. He mentioned it while I was on my way out of PG.
http://www.nightlifeinhtown.com/little-dipper-lounge-houston-texas/

I think he said there will be 2 machines there, but don't quote me on that.

#113 9 years ago

I didn't get home from work until 8:30. I guess I'll just have to show up on a whim. Every time I plan on going to Poison Girl, something comes up and messes up my plans

#114 9 years ago

How did The Shadow play?

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

How did The Shadow play?

Sweet !!! The diverter is also fixed. Man, I sure love that ball lock that machine has.
You can now see the Shadow.

#116 9 years ago

Excellent! I,m going to bring cash there tomorrow night and try to buy it. A lot of cash!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Excellent! I,m going to bring cash there tomorrow night and try to buy it. A lot of cash!

What? A whole 5 bucks? Play Indy500 while you are at it. That game rocks.....it has a shaker motor installed.

#118 9 years ago

I played it the last time I was there. Very fun game but it has one problem. It doesn't know..........

#119 9 years ago

I heard the Shadow knows.... Not sure what he knows, but he does know.

#120 9 years ago

I will be at Joystix for the Friday party as well. Hope to see some of you guys. Will be my son, fiancé and some Lake Charles peeps coming in for the Saturday LSU game.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Laaaaaame.

#122 9 years ago

I aim to be at Joystix Friday--look forward to meeting some new folks and playing some games.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I will be at Joystix for the Friday party as well. Hope to see some of you guys. Will be my son, fiancé and some Lake Charles peeps coming in for the Saturday LSU game.

maybe you can play his Tron while at Joystix :O

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

maybe you can play his Tron while at Joystix :O

That cuts deep bro.

#125 9 years ago

hehehe...

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I don't discriminate. I will ice cream with anybody. Anytime. Anywhere.

Ain't that the truth!

Marcus

#127 9 years ago

Yikes. I can safely say that joystix is not my scene

#128 9 years ago

I sent Joe a personal apology for the things I said. It was uncalled for and shouldn't have been here. It was personal and I wont post it but the people who read this thread should know. It isn't an excuse but My life has been turned upside down and I hate the whole world right now. It has to do with a 18 year old daughter making stupid choices.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Yikes. I can safely say that joystix is not my scene

Why do you say this?

#130 9 years ago

Went to Joystix last night with the wife and had a good time. There were a lot of couples and groups of friends there. I didn't see many families at all, which I think is kind of a bummer. But with all the cussing, liquid cigarette smoking (which was almost as smelly as a real cigarette), overcrowding, etc. I can understand why.

This is a great place to play the newer games. All of the Sterns were fun (seemed like they had about 20 Sterns). And I got a lot of time on WOZ (had two versions, one 75th), which I hadn't played much before. They have some awesome newer vids and skill games as well, along with some great classics. I had never played Discs of Tron before, but I got some time on it and really enjoyed it.

The classic Bally/Williams are somewhat neglected. CFTBL, MB, CV - flipper problems. NGG, CC - resets. I think MM, Comet and WD were the only classics I played that worked. Many other classics were either turned off or sitting there with a ball trapped (Congo, amongst others).

All in all, it's a great place if you want to play a lot of games for 15 bucks and are willing to accept the bad with the good (downtown, large crowds, limited hours, etc.).

#131 9 years ago

i like going there (joystix in houston) when the place is empty.
i've even helped identify and repair a few items on his pins.

#132 9 years ago

I got there right at 9, hit the bar quick, and then went down the line of pins. That first trip through was enjoyable. The next time around, between the overcrowding, and seemingly every other game needing repair, I decided it just wasn't worth it. I went home to unbox my Ironman.

I am wondering if the first Fridays are better, as maybe people have just gone the week before and the crowd is a little thinner.

#133 9 years ago

No, it is always crowded as of late and Charlie doesn't keep his pins working. Are you home tonight. I was going to the lake but I don't think so as my wife doesn't feel well give me a call 832-573-4664

3 weeks later
#134 9 years ago

Another disappointing weekend at poison girl. Upper flippers on simpsons, useless. Creature, very dark. Monster bash, broken slingshot rubber, wheel of fortune, malfunctioning ramp switch awarding absurd points. Coin mechs broken on shadow, and dmd out on jurassic park.

There is a sweet place down the street, though. The hay merchant has ac/dc premium, star trek premium, x-men magneto, and at least 30 beers on tap

#135 9 years ago

Another disappointing weekend at poison girl. Upper flippers on Simpsons, useless. Creature, very dark. Monster Bash, broken slingshot rubber, Wheel of Fortune, malfunctioning ramp switch awarding absurd points. Coin mechs broken on Shadow, and dmd out on Jurassic Park.
There is a sweet place down the street, though. The hay market has ac/dc premium, Star Trek premium, x-men magneto, and at least 30 beers on tap

Be sure to update the map. Was Creature still playable?

I'm glad I got to play WOF before it took a dump.

#136 9 years ago

Another disappointing weekend at poison girl. Upper flippers on Simpsons, useless. Creature, very dark. Monster Bash, broken slingshot rubber, Wheel of Fortune, malfunctioning ramp switch awarding absurd points. Coin mechs broken on Shadow, and dmd out on Jurassic Park.
There is a sweet place down the street, though. The hay market has ac/dc premium, Star Trek premium, x-men magneto, and at least 30 beers on tap

man, that's sad to hear.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from skquinn:

Be sure to update the map. Was Creature still playable?
I'm glad I got to play WOF before it took a dump.

Creature was at least moderately playable when I was there on Friday. Still very dark. Flippers could use adjusting, impossible to backhand the right ramp from a cradle (which is crucial on that game, IMO). Near the end, the ball kept getting stuck in the right inlane.

I500 was sort of playable, although it wasn't registering left ramp shots, so you couldn't hit jackpots.

but yeah, like Noahs_Arcade mentioned, overall very disappointing. We had a much better time down the street at the Hay Merchant where the pins were in A condition, beers were great, and much less crowded.The replay values were also really low. We played for like 3 hours on 3 dollars.

2 weeks later
#138 9 years ago

Went to Poison Girl yesterday afternoon - I'm not adding much to this thread - but this remains mostly accurate:

Although just letting WOF sit there while I rounded 2 billion points was funny - I then just flipped the game off.

I did enjoy playing MB - but I don't recall a busted slingshot rubber - so maybe it got fixed. Will hit up Hay Market next time.

#139 9 years ago

My mistake, it's actually called hay merchant. It's at the corner of westheimer and yoakum. If you can make it during happy hour, a lot of the beers are $3. Their games are from joystix, and they are in impeccable shape

#140 9 years ago

Seconding the Hay Merchant nod. They don't have a ton of pins but they are pristine. The food and beer selection is also pretty darn good.

#141 9 years ago

I saw some improvements on the games at Poison Girl yesterday.

Upper right flipper on TSPP is working as well as the pair on the upper playfield.
Shadow battlefield VUK and diverters are now working.
Indy 500 looks to have several things fixed, though I'm not an expert on the rules.
WOF was no longer recording the right ramp shot. Noticed that if you hit a flipper button when the left ramp post is up, it will make it drop.
I didn't play MB.

JP still has the DMD out.
Bar owner is considering upgrading the GI lights on CFTBL to LED's. I like the 3-LED's from Pinball Life. Anyone else have any LED suggestions for this game?

#142 9 years ago

Little Dipper bar now has Star Wars Episode One and Cyclone pins.
http://www.downtownhouston.org/guidedetail/little-dipper/

#143 9 years ago

Hopefully Poison Girl works on the pins soon because I like to drink/play there while in town for HAAG expo. Never been to Hay Merchant, definitely going to check them out too while I'm there.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from atxpinballer:

Hopefully Poison Girl works on the pins soon because I like to drink/play there while in town for HAAG expo. Never been to Hay Merchant, definitely going to check them out too while I'm there.

The machines had been worked on this past Saturday.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

The machines had been worked on this past Saturday.

Ha I guess I could have read your post from earlier. Thanks!

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from atxpinballer:

Ha I guess I could have read your post from earlier. Thanks!

I hope the machines hold up. I will not have a chance to go back and play them until after the Expo is over.

#147 9 years ago

I'll check them out before HAAG and let you know. I figure they'll be fine, but I was fooled once before. I can only imagine what kind of abuse those games are taking

#148 9 years ago

I'll check them out before HAAG and let you know. I figure they'll be fine, but I was fooled once before. I can only imagine what kind of abuse those games are taking

I think it is just normal wear and tear. Even the MB being the newest one being built in 1995, they seemed to have held up pretty good over the years.

#149 9 years ago

So with P3 Multimorphic, Hobbit, TWD, TBL, and Full Throttle coming out soon, is there one of these any one would like to see pop up on routes?

Any interest in seeing AC/DC, Star Trek or Metallica on route? Of course, we would be talking PRO version.

#150 9 years ago

I would play Star Trek on route for sure.

Man I would kill for a bar with some decent pins here in Fort Worth.

So frustrating.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poison-girl-barcade-in-houston-tx/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.