Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9008 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9009 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9007 (resized).jpeg
photo15 (1).JPG
poison-girl-artwork-hou.jpg
tx_houston02.jpg
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

Just bring everything, like a good tech!

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

What are you doing up this late Brian?

I do know that I'm too old for that.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I got my left eye poked out by not one but THREE bizarre "trying too hard" mustaches.

This made me laugh!

#54 9 years ago

I'll go down the line from what I remember:

TSPP:
-Upper playfield and upper right flippers weak
-Ball trough problem (kicks out two)
-No captive ball (how in the hell?)

CFTBL:
-GI!!!!
-Not sure about anything else, only played one ball left for me

MB:
-Maybe a flipper rebuild, but this one was playable

WoF:
-Also playable. I don't know enough about this game to comment further

I500:
-Flippers dead

Shadow:
-Diverters seemed to stick

JP:
-Backbox GI
-Upper right flipper weak
-Trex eating was turned off

I think all the games would benefit from flipper rebuilds, leveling, and pitch adjustment. I would bring at least 100 bulbs for all the GI

#55 9 years ago

I'd be more than happy to help this week if you need it. I just have to work around an IMVE delivery.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Who is dan? No one involved in poison girl is named dan.

Sorry Mike, I don't know where that came from. I was thinking about you. It has been a rough week for me. You have no idea how rough. I spoke with you a couple of times and met you once. You seem like a great guy and when I was there a while back your pins were in top condition.

#57 9 years ago

Brian is a awesome guy. He has come to my house twice and helped me with my pins and never asked for nor would he take a dime. He is definitely a rare fellow. He just talks to damn much though

#58 9 years ago

Thank you Noahs_Arcade for the rundown of some issues you noticed.
On a vacation in Houston this week?

Looks like the common GI connector issues in JP GI backbox and the Shadow. Though I will have spare bulbs in case.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Brian is a awesome guy. He has come to my house twice and helped me with my pins and never asked for nor would he take a dime.

Thank you, Sir. Even with owning a collection since 2008, there is still a lot to learn about each series of games.
I still need to get back there and look at your ES pop bumper issue. Strange how the pop bumpers are not getting power even though it is going out ok from the Aux board.

#60 9 years ago

I'm here until the end of September visiting with family. I did move from Rochester, though. I suppose I ought to update my location

#61 9 years ago

When are you going up there, Brian? I might swing by and lend a hand.

#62 9 years ago

As long as you guys don't break The Shadow, you're both OK in my book. Let me know if it's running 100%. I need to step out and play this game I've been obsessing about for the last month and a half.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Game preserve sucks and the guy that owns it is a whiney ass idiot.

Are you kidding about this? And you haven't been? I know all 4 owners very well and can't imagine saying anything negative about ANY of them. They have all made tremendous sacrifices for the love of this hobby and are doing a great job of passing the arcade experience on to the next generation. And the particular person you are referencing is one of the nicest people I've ever met in this community and would do anything for anybody.

I encourage anybody in the Houston area to go check out the Game Preserve and see what it's all about. They are constantly updating their collection and have fun and unique tournaments(thanks Ken and Rusty) quite often. And yes, Joystix and Poison Girl are both great places. Poison Girl is kind of an artsy place, somewhat akin to a college bar, but the people have been nothing but cool when I've been there.

-Erich

#64 9 years ago

Post edited by rccola777: Oops! Double post!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

When are you going up there, Brian? I might swing by and lend a hand.

Wednesday 10am will be the first trip. Will have to see about scheduling a second trip if need more time fixing them. Yes, I could use your good hands. I hadn't worked on machines on location before. This will be cool.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

As long as you guys don't break The Shadow, you're both OK in my book. Let me know if it's running 100%. I need to step out and play this game I've been obsessing about for the last month and a half.

Haha...I'm going to suggest Shadow goes into hidding and gets replaced with Strange Science.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Haha...I'm going to suggest Shadow goes into hidding and gets replaced with Strange Science.

You! Wouldn't! Dare!

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

You! Wouldn't! Dare!

What? Jokerz would be a better fit?

#69 9 years ago

What? Jokerz would be a better fit?

Just keep it up, old man! I work in front of a computer and I got a whole bag of thumbs down to pass out today!

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

Are you kidding about this? And you haven't been? I know all 4 owners very well and can't imagine saying anything negative about ANY of them. They have all made tremendous sacrifices for the love of this hobby and are doing a great job of passing the arcade experience on to the next generation. And the particular person you are referencing is one of the nicest people I've ever met in this community and would do anything for anybody.
I encourage anybody in the Houston area to go check out the Game Preserve and see what it's all about. They are constantly updating their collection and have fun and unique tournaments(thanks Ken and Rusty) quite often. And yes, Joystix and Poison Girl are both great places. Poison Girl is kind of an artsy place, somewhat akin to a college bar, but the people have been nothing but cool when I've been there.
-Erich

Please read my posts after the one you quoted. No I have never been there, when I tried to go I couldn't get in the gat of the business park or whatever it was and it was in a nasty area. I was going by what a couple of others had told me but I did recant my statement and offered an apology. Now as far as my experience with the one person, that was true. You have your opinions and I have mine. Maybe in different circumstances....

#71 9 years ago

Looks like they've updated their lineup since I visited last summer. But how sad that the best pinball lineup in America's 4th largest city is in such dismal condition.

As I mentioned to someone recently, the pins at Poison Girl are really just functional decor - they're there to add to the ambiance and lighting. Weather or not they get played seems to be incidental.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Looks like they've updated their lineup since I visited last summer. But how sad that the best pinball lineup in America's 4th largest city is in such dismal condition.
As I mentioned to someone recently, the pins at Poison Girl are really just functional decor - they're there to add to the ambiance and lighting. Weather or not they get played seems to be incidental.

After Brian and Erich get through with those machines, I promise you that they will all be worthy of tournament play!

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Just keep it up, old man! I work in front of a computer and I got a whole bag of thumbs down to pass out today!

Oh no you didn't. Must be nice to waste time on a furom at work.

#74 9 years ago

LEDs = earnings.
All of my pins in dark places get more play with LEDs.

#75 9 years ago

Brian, any chance you'll be there after 4? I could swing by then. And Jeremy, since the ol' ball 'n' chain is away for the week, you could come by and quality control the games!

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

Brian, any chance you'll be there after 4? I could swing by then. And Jeremy, since the ol' ball 'n' chain is away for the week, you could come by and quality control the games!

I will probably make it out tomorrow night but it will not be until the evening sometime. Although I am afforded the luxury of surfing forums at work, I still need to show up, then eat dinner, then take care of the dogs. So yeah, evening time.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

There is a good chance I'll be there up till 6pm working on games. I hear the bar opens at 5pm. So that will be a bit of a challenge working around some people after 5pm.<

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I would rank Poison Girl as somewhere around the 3rd best lineup (not including private collections), but first? Maybe in the dank bar category.

#79 9 years ago

I just finished working on a Funhouse sound board. I put it in my BSD to test out.
That sure is strange hearing Rudy talking in this game.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I would rank Poison Girl as somewhere around the 3rd best lineup (not including private collections), but first? Maybe in the dank bar category.

How many do they have? When I was there they only had 4.

#81 9 years ago

According to the video and the list of games needing repair, there are 6 at Poison Girl.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

After Brian and Erich get through with those machines, I promise you that they will all be worthy of tournament play!

Looking forward to it!

#83 9 years ago

TopMoose is in town as well?

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Getting around is difficult in Houston. My business travels usually only take me to the city center or the southern and western suburbs, so I haven't made it up to the Game Preserve. Next time I'm in town, where do you recommend I go?

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Getting around is difficult in Houston. My business travels usually only take me to the city center or the southern and western suburbs, so I haven't made it up to the Game Preserve. Next time I'm in town, where do you recommend I go?

I didn't realize you were not a native, so maybe PG is the best place for you. That said, I prefer Joystix (first and last Friday of every month) and The Game Preserve has a nice lineup (membership based). Also, the Lonestar Pinball Museum, is really cool (great atmosphere) and worth a visit (bit of a drive to Hockley).

Edit: Not to mention Brian's collection (may be invitation only, although you could always just show up on his doorstep). Are you really up to 37 games?

#86 9 years ago

Joystix is great and Charlie is a nice guy and his wife... good god Miss Agness is one good looking woman. They have a bunch of games to play. There is only one problem and it is that it is crowded. The last time I went I left because there were so many people. If you like looking at some fine young ladies though that is the place to be. Its a shame Im a married old fart now.

#87 9 years ago

Yeah, I've also gotta give Joystix a huge thumbs up too! Such an amazing place! There is an excellent selection of both new and old games of every kind (pinball, arcade, racing, etc.) and they do a nice job of rotating some of them in and out so there are at least a few new ones to play every month. And yes, Charlie (the owner) is a very upstanding guy! Always wants to make sure everyone's having a good time and the games are working properly.

As it's been mentioned, though, they are only open the first & last Friday of the month. And yeah, over the last couple of years, attendance has picked up dramatically because of positive word of mouth. Still a great gaming environment though!!

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Joystix is great and Charlie is a nice guy and his wife... good god Miss Agness is one good looking woman. They have a bunch of games to play. There is only one problem and it is that it is crowded. The last time I went I left because there were so many people. If you like looking at some fine young ladies though that is the place to be. Its a shame Im a married old fart now.

Yeah, the crowd can be a bit annoying. Lots of people bumping into your hands while playing pinball kinda sucks. Not to mention that newbies tend to start 4 player games and then bail after player 3 ball one. One of the major problems with the free play model in my opinion.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Are you really up to 37 games?

Yes, but about 17 are projects right now that are not playable. Have 3 of the machines out of loan to friends as well. LOL House can only hold so many.

#90 9 years ago

I do enjoy going to Joystix. As a matter of fact, they are open this Friday night. I just may have to meet jwo825 up there. Then if I feel good on Saturday, I may go out to GP for a while. Not sure yet.

#91 9 years ago

Yeah the crowds can definitely get a little overwhelming at times, but luckily it's usually only from that 10:00-12:00 period of time. Usually right at 9:00 it's not too crowded and after midnight it tapers off.

I'm planning on heading up there Friday night for sure though!

#92 9 years ago

Can't see anything in the video. Too dark. Turning on the lights might help.

#93 9 years ago

I do enjoy going to Joystix. As a matter of fact, they are open this Friday night. I just may have to meet jwo825 up there. Then if I feel good on Saturday, I may go out to GP for a while. Not sure yet.

What?! Venturing outside the house 2 weekends in a row? If you do go up to Joystix Friday let me know and I'll meet you up there.

#94 9 years ago

I may go out for some ice cream then hit Joystix.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from rccola777:

What?! Venturing outside the house 2 weekends in a row? If you do go up to Joystix Friday let me know and I'll meet you up there.

I'm there with JO. Just don't know if I will hit Game Preserve on Saturday.

#96 9 years ago

You guys want to meet up there? it would be interesting to meet some of you jackasses er I mean you guys.

Hell, I have 12 pins come over here

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys want to meet up there? it would be interesting to meet some of you jackasses er I mean you guys.

Joystix man! You're place another time.

#98 9 years ago

Jeremy, can I be your bff for this week? Those ice cream pics look good and I want my photo-op before Barry.

#99 9 years ago

Jeremy is every boy's BFF when it comes to the ice cream.

#100 9 years ago

Looks like the wife and I might make Joystix this Friday. Grandma's in town, so the baby is taken care of.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 17.50
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
€ 24.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 218.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poison-girl-barcade-in-houston-tx/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.