2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BRONX
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220213_022414 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Hello again, I just picked up 1977 Gottlieb Jacks Open. I tweaked some minor worms but I'm stuck on Point adjustment score, it simply doesn't fire at all at any point structure. I have the replay score set at 130k 180k & 190k. It awards replays when you score the lit "special" target but won't award anything on points! I will send schematics(for education purpose only) I have a cheap phone, so I couldn't draw what I think is the path,

but basically I'm following the path yel-bl wire to the make it or break it switch "jx" with a mar-or wire or Mar+yel to point score adj then out through 10k unit down to "15 pos switch" which should be closed to fire "add replay unit". Am I missing something? If not where is this "15 pos switch" located ??? That's the only thing I can't verify. Thank you. I will be back at it Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully one of you guys can leed me to the right track... Another problem is some relays are missing that nice yellow sticker to identify relay#. But I got most of it sorted out talk soon :0)

IMG_20220213_022414 (resized).jpgIMG_20220213_022414 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

The 15th Pos Sw. is on the Replay unit itself. When the Replay unit maxes out, a post screwed into the side of the ratchet opens the 15th Pos Sw.

#3 2 years ago

I fixed a different Gottlieb game with this issue by cleaning the circuit boards on the score reels and also making sure the metal contact that rotates around circuit board is in correct position to match schematic.

#4 2 years ago

Ok thanks for your help,. I will be back at the shop on Tuesday to look into this matter

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/point-score-adjustment?hl=carlo45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.