Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by swinks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Point-Break-art-05272015_(resized).jpg
    point-break-meatball-sub1_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    original.jpg
    th-4-285.jpeg
    th-4.jpeg
    next_of_kin_1989_570x364_431792.jpg
    next-of-kin-1989-720p-bluray-x264-saimorny-2.jpg
    nextofkin3.jpg
    4410.jpg
    th-4.jpeg
    th-919.jpeg
    th-1-981.jpeg
    th-2-468.jpeg
    th-3.jpeg
    wipeout_point_break.jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Had high hopes for the new Point Break film. What a convoluted crapfest that was.

No good eh? Well there's $10 saved.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No good eh? Well there's $10 saved.

Some Action sequences were excellent. Everything that made Bohdi and Utah great in the original just wasn't there. Zero character development...zero fun...and you couldn't care less what happens to any characters in the film cause they barely seem like they're enjoying being there.

It's like Warren Miller, GoPro, and Red Bull got together and said "let's make a really long commercial".

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Zero character development...zero fun...and you couldn't care less what happens to any characters in the film cause they barely seem like they're enjoying being there.

I've noticed that in quite a few remakes. They copy the story but something always seems to be missing.

A movie like this needs it's characters.

point-break-meatball-sub1_(resized).jpgpoint-break-meatball-sub1_(resized).jpg

#54 8 years ago

Point Break was already remade. Surf boards became cars and they called it Fast and the Furious.

#55 8 years ago

wanted to do a surf pin for a custom project, might have to watch the original movie again and consider...

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Point Break was already remade. Surf boards became cars and they called it Fast and the Furious

Kinda...and although the first 3 F&F movies are "horrawful" they still were well liked because the audience could relate with and care about the characters. Minus part 3 Tokyo Drift. Ugh. I never got a sense of the "I don't have friends, I got family" Dom vibe from the new Point Break film.

Plus they left out the best Keanu lines... I Caught my first tube this morning....sir & Vaya con Dios. Lol. That immediately Disqualifies the remake.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

wanted to do a surf pin for a custom project, might have to watch the original movie again and consider...

Do it!!!

#58 8 years ago

Well I saw the new Point Break today.... Some great action scenes but it kinda sucked... Characters sucked... Could of been so much more...we will always have the original... Let's just pretend this never happened.

#59 8 years ago

Here you go. Enjoy.

#60 8 years ago

as I wanted to do a custom surf pin as well as a gone in 60 seconds style pin (go knows when) - point break is looking better as a custom pin as could merge 2 similar themes into one.

must have a wave, a bank, a vault, maybe start off by getting the team together - 4 presidents.

loop shots could be casing the bank as well as escape the police, timer on the bank robbery. one ramp for the wve / suring and the other as flying as well as escape from the police.

end wizard mode would be to surf iconic Bells Beach.

lets have some fun and suggest some layout and rules.

Point-Break-art-05272015_(resized).jpgPoint-Break-art-05272015_(resized).jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/point-break-pinball-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.