IMG_0079 (resized).JPG
1487611294582549583682 (resized).jpg
KIMG1737 (resized).jpg
20170218_092919 (resized).jpg
20170218_092906 (resized).jpg
20170218_092211 (resized).jpg
20170218_092157 (resized).jpg
20170218_082940 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Looking for a new EDC pocket knife. Been carrying a Leatherman Style PS, but replaced the scissors section with the knife blade of the Style CS. But sometime before Christmas I lost it somewhere.

So I'm looking for another one. Do I buy the PS and CS again to create my ultimate carry? Or do I get an official real-deal pocket knife?

What does everyone carry?

#4 7 years ago

My hybrid, non-TSA compliant Style PS+CS.

BRVMab0CcAA0hxw (resized).jpgBRVMab0CcAA0hxw (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I use a swiss army knife the tinker complete with twiser and tooth pick . I feel lost if i forget at home it has saved my bacon many times

That's how I feel right now. Reached in my pocket to use mine a few times already, and was like, "oh...yeah."

#64 7 years ago

I bought a Skeletool years ago. I love it for having around the house for those odd jobs where I don't want to go to the garage to grab my pliers or screwdriver. That MUT looks pretty sweet. Would love to carry one of those, but I have a desk job where I just feel like it could keep catching on my my chair every time I sat down or stood up.

leatherman-skeletool (resized).jpgleatherman-skeletool (resized).jpg

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

scissors and toothpick too!!

I used my first Swiss Army knifes scissors so much that the spring snapped off.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Haha, I like the blood splatter treatment. That blade is 3.75", you lost an inch somewhere
Was researching and max blade length is 2.5" around these parts.
Any other suggestions?

I saw a discussion on another forum about carrying knives in Chicago. A couple people said to carry around a flat-head screwdriver instead. No restriction on how long those can be. But that was for personal protection, and not everyday use.

1 week later
#112 7 years ago

I ended up getting a Leatherman Signal. Looked at the MUT. While extremely cool, seems that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of a lot of features. So I went with the Signal for the slightly smaller size and price.

But stupidly, I bought it off ebay, and trusted that the description said it was in excellent condition. It is, other than the knife blade. I don't know what the guy did to it, but it is dull as hell. I can run my finger up and down the edge without any worry of getting cut.

I looked to see if Leatherman had any replacement blades, which they don't list any. But I did see that people have sent their multools in for warrenty work, even with their own dumb mistakes, and they pretty much get back a brand new tool at no cost.

Anyone have any experience in sending in their tool to Leatherman? Just wondering if I could pretend that I was the original owner.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pocket-knives-what-do-you-carry?tu=woody24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.