IMG_0079 (resized).JPG
1487611294582549583682 (resized).jpg
KIMG1737 (resized).jpg
20170218_092919 (resized).jpg
20170218_092906 (resized).jpg
20170218_092211 (resized).jpg
20170218_092157 (resized).jpg
20170218_082940 (resized).jpg
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I bought this one the other day. All carved out of wood and it fully opens and closes. Not sure why it shrunk in the posting but if you click on the resized icon it makes it correct.
John

I see a back button, does it actually lock open?!!

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I see a back button, does it actually lock open?!!

Yes it does. All hand carved and probably one of a kind.

John

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

That is a shit ton cheaper than it looks

Yup, lasts me forever as long as I don't lose it lol

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Looks nice for the money...Im guessing not USA made?
I carried a nice gerber 440 USA made knife for like 20 years (nice sized with good serration) and it was under 50 bucks new. I bent the clip all up and it had a cracked grip, but it was still a great daily knife. I would have replaced it sooner, but when I looked at Gerber stuff, all the ones I found said china, sadly.
For my birthday, a very generous friend at my work (who also loves knives)got me a gift and said time to retire my Gerber. Lol
Love my new assist open USA made Kershaw. Not that I want to complain, but the only odd thing is look at the clip, it makes blade point up! So, I don't use the clip on this one...

Needs serration!

#105 7 years ago

Is this one considered pinball related?

20170222_071802 (resized).jpg20170222_071802 (resized).jpg

20170222_071751 (resized).jpg20170222_071751 (resized).jpg

#106 7 years ago

With all the money people spend on pins I am surprised no one buys high end knifes http://www.randallknives.com

#107 7 years ago

"Assisted Open"

Now that's superb written English right there.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

After that spoon like "knife" you gave me at the colorado show you have no say in this!
This is my favorite knife ever. Nice pocket clip, flips out easy and the serration is gold when needed. Stays sharp forever. I had the same one all through my boy scouts and then my wife used it after we got married and left it on the back of her car then went to work...sigh.

Ha Spoons can be Deadly too! =)

#109 7 years ago

I have high end Randall, Lyle, and Bone knives, just not for "carry" that the topic was asking about.

I have my dad's Vietnam era Randall combat knife too. At some point he ground the skull crusher off the end, but nice memento from his special forces days.

#110 7 years ago

I've had my Leatherman for 20 years. It has a 4" blade and I used to take it on the airplanes all the time. The security guy, would open the knife and hold the open blade against his 4" badge. As long as it did not go over... he was good with it.

On one flight my seatback was broken. The co-pilot came out to preform a quick fix with a tiny baby Leatherman... at which point I pulled out my full sized one with my (already abused in this thread)... "now that's a knife".

About 6 years ago I picked up a simple single blade Leatherman knife so I had something simple to cut rope/open a package.

When I'm in my Boy Scout Leader uniform, these two knives are always on my belt.
faz

Leatherman (resized).jpgLeatherman (resized).jpg
LeathermanKnife (resized).jpgLeathermanKnife (resized).jpg

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

With all the money people spend on pins I am surprised no one buys high end knifes http://www.randallknives.com

I will say this, if you frequent OBT, you best know how to use a knife. Ha!

#112 7 years ago

I ended up getting a Leatherman Signal. Looked at the MUT. While extremely cool, seems that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of a lot of features. So I went with the Signal for the slightly smaller size and price.

But stupidly, I bought it off ebay, and trusted that the description said it was in excellent condition. It is, other than the knife blade. I don't know what the guy did to it, but it is dull as hell. I can run my finger up and down the edge without any worry of getting cut.

I looked to see if Leatherman had any replacement blades, which they don't list any. But I did see that people have sent their multools in for warrenty work, even with their own dumb mistakes, and they pretty much get back a brand new tool at no cost.

Anyone have any experience in sending in their tool to Leatherman? Just wondering if I could pretend that I was the original owner.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Anyone have any experience in sending in their tool to Leatherman? Just wondering if I could pretend that I was the original owner.

Yup! My phillips bit got a bit chewed up. I contacted support to buy a replacement phillips blade...at which point they said, send it in. The story was we'll either repair or replace it for you. Which is good because blades are locked together with proprietary fasteners.

100% free shipped to me.

This was about 10 years ago.
faz

#114 7 years ago

A Leatherman Charge TTi is on my belt most days at work. Not a day goes by without me using it. The full bit set is a must. Weekends, I usually go with something smaller like the Lestherman Squirt ES4, or the now retired Leatherman Multi-Tool. Sometimes even a Victorinox Tinker, although I am a Leatherman fanboy.

https://www.leatherman.com/charge-tti-7.html
http://www.leatherman.com/squirt-es4-21.html
https://www.leatherman.com/mini-tool-83.html
https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Medium-Pocket-Knives/Tinker/p/1.4603

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Inside the tool itself is a code 4 digits, month and year. I sent an original Leatherman PS in that was pushing 20 years. It was showing its age, they sent me a Wave back as a replacement. Part of me misses the PS but, those pliers where painful to use after a while. Newer tools are much more ergonomic.

1 month later
#116 7 years ago

I carried a Leatherman Wave or a Paladin/Greenlee Powerplay back when I used to climb poles, punch down telco blocks, etc. Now that I'm a desk jockey who just hikes a lot, I clip this on my pocket when I head out:

SW50S-2T (resized).jpgSW50S-2T (resized).jpg

#117 7 years ago

Croc Dundee styles that requires big pockets about the width of your standard pin.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pocket-knives-what-do-you-carry/page/3?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.