IMG_0079 (resized).JPG
1487611294582549583682 (resized).jpg
KIMG1737 (resized).jpg
20170218_092919 (resized).jpg
20170218_092906 (resized).jpg
20170218_092211 (resized).jpg
20170218_092157 (resized).jpg
20170218_082940 (resized).jpg
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago

Zero Tolerance rocks...

#52 7 years ago

Cheap switchblade.

1487296843751-1902519949 (resized).jpg1487296843751-1902519949 (resized).jpg

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

The MUT is great. Have one in my range bag and one of these (see pic) fits in the same sheath. .. I guess a good edc for the zombie apocalypse

I don't carry it in the sheath. Like it for the pocket clip. And the surge doesn't have one.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

You must have spent some time in D block.

Lol, always good to have a nice shank handy.....50 days seg, 30 loss of good time

#55 7 years ago

No better knife made for the money...Blackjack 125

Blackjack 125 (resized).jpegBlackjack 125 (resized).jpeg

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

The MUT is great. Have one in my range bag and one of these (see pic) fits in the same sheath. .. I guess a good edc for the zombie apocalypse

The MUT seems great. What are those in the picture?

#57 7 years ago

Sarge Thorn is my everyday carry pocket knife. A basic lock back knife in rosewood. It is small enough to carry around in a business suit or when bumming around in jeans, and big enough to be practical.
When I go hiking/camping I take my Leatherman.

#58 7 years ago

Like many have said, we grew up with the Buck 110...
Classic, first knife ever with a lock blade.

buck 110 (resized).jpgbuck 110 (resized).jpg

#59 7 years ago

Love my Kershaw Ken Onion.... Always like his knifes. This thing is abused everyday. Broke the tip off, decided to go with it and made it into a flat blade screwdriver. Handy as hell!

I too feel naked with out my knife in my pocket.

IMG_20170216_225639173 (resized).jpgIMG_20170216_225639173 (resized).jpg

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I don't carry it in the sheath. Like it for the pocket clip. And the surge doesn't have one.

But man, the MUT weighs as much in my pocket as my loaded P938. Granted, they perform very differently.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

But man, the MUT weighs as much in my pocket as my loaded P938. Granted, they perform very differently.

Just put $20 in quarters in your other pocket to even it out.

#62 7 years ago

The other day I saw in the news that Virginia is looking at loosening its concealed carry "switchblade" laws. Its got me interested

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

The MUT seems great. What are those in the picture?

It's a CAT AR-15 cleaning tool (and my MUT Is the AR maintenance version), hence the zombie apocalypse comment

#64 7 years ago

I bought a Skeletool years ago. I love it for having around the house for those odd jobs where I don't want to go to the garage to grab my pliers or screwdriver. That MUT looks pretty sweet. Would love to carry one of those, but I have a desk job where I just feel like it could keep catching on my my chair every time I sat down or stood up.

leatherman-skeletool (resized).jpgleatherman-skeletool (resized).jpg

#65 7 years ago

I use the Olfa Silver With snap off blades

IMG_6600 (resized).JPGIMG_6600 (resized).JPG

Its not like carrying a pound of steel in your pocket. It's always sharp.

#66 7 years ago

Swiss army, has all you'll ever need.

Amazing how many times I've used it - scissors and toothpick too!!

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

scissors and toothpick too!!

I used my first Swiss Army knifes scissors so much that the spring snapped off.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I have carried a pocket knife since I was 10 yrs old. I have over 200 mostly case with a mix of rooster, imperial, tree band. buck and John Henry etc.. Just gave my grandson a pocket knife, (two blade trapper) to start him off. I have the pocket knife my Dad carried around his whole life, it's a tree brand. I have many memories of that knife and my Dad, he felt every man should have and carry one. it wore off on me. Right now I'm caring a case trapper but I change them up a lot.

You are a man after my own heart! I can't remember not ever having had some kind of pocket knife in my pants when growing up. It was simply expected of boys where and when I grew up in Philadelphia. Playing stretch, mumbly peg, carving spears out of tree branches, etc etc. What great times for a boy in the '50's and '60's!

It's too bad the kids of today are brainwashed by the educational system to think there is something wrong with carrying a knife. My kids like knives, but rarely have one when they need it. I get eye rolls when they come looking for me to cut something with my knife and I remind them that "a knifeless man is a lifeless man"! My current EDC is an Emerson CDC-8, but I accessorize depending on what I'm wearing. Kind of like Barbie dolls for men!

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Columbia River Knife and tool m-16.. MY favorite knife I ever carried was a Leatherman Crater similar to the one below.. I liked the grip on the one I had better then the one below. But It was super handy to have a knife, flat head, phillips head, and bottle opener all there
JJ

After that spoon like "knife" you gave me at the colorado show you have no say in this!

This is my favorite knife ever. Nice pocket clip, flips out easy and the serration is gold when needed. Stays sharp forever. I had the same one all through my boy scouts and then my wife used it after we got married and left it on the back of her car then went to work...sigh.

05849 (resized).jpg05849 (resized).jpg

#70 7 years ago

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/zing-ss

I chose one with open-assist so I could hold a box in one hand and retrieve my knife and open it with the other. You use your index finger to assist...not the thumb-peg on the side which I am too uncoordinated to work.

#71 7 years ago

My friend turned me on to Kershaw knives. I carry a Blur. It's just a blade, but it's very handy.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

It's too bad the kids of today are brainwashed by the educational system to think there is something wrong with carrying a knife. My kids like knives, but rarely have one when they need it. I get eye rolls when they come looking for me to cut something with my knife and I remind them that "a knifeless man is a lifeless man"! My current EDC is an Emerson CDC-8, but I accessorize depending on what I'm wearing. Kind of like Barbie dolls for men!

My son to this day still tells his own kids go ask your grandpa for his knife knowing that there is little chance in hell I'm ever without one. It is sad some of the crap these kids are force fed these days. the grandson I recently gave the case trapper to said he can't carry his all the time because in school it would be considered concealing a deadly weapon.......what a load of bull!

#73 7 years ago

Al Mar Hawk - Stag handle as an EDC.

Others I carry regularly are Case with wharncliffe blades.

IMG_1708 (resized).JPGIMG_1708 (resized).JPG

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Al Mar Hawk - Stag handle as an EDC

That's a nice looking knife where have you purchased them?

#75 7 years ago

Some eBay, some back when I had a wholesale account with blue ridge or blue mountain or whatever there name was.

Have dads Al Mar Falcon EDC too. Yellow Micarta with scrimshaw.

I'm a big fan of the blades on the al mar knives.

#76 7 years ago

25 years ago I asked for a knife from my work and this is what I was handed. When I got it, it was brand new and painted black and had a yellow plastic end on it for breaking off the end of the snap off blades. Little did I know it would become a part of me everyday of the year and I've had this same one all these years. The blades come and go of course especially since the knife is pretty worn, all the paint is long gone as is the yellow plastic end and it has a slight curve to it from being in my back pocket everyday which means I can only use about half of the blade since it wont push out all the way anymore but that's ok, blades are cheap and I wouldn't think about getting a new knife. People at work ask me how long I've had it and when I tell them they then ask how in the world I've kept it so long since they go through a knife like every month. I always say it's because I don't loan it out to other people and when I'm done using it, it goes right back in my pocket and that way I always have a knife when I need it......LOL.
The same goes with my Zippo tape measure that I carry every day too, but that's another story.

John

IMG_0076 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPG

#77 7 years ago

confused (resized).jpgconfused (resized).jpg

#78 7 years ago

Damn Ed it's like having a whole woodshop in your back pocket!

#79 7 years ago

Every time I get to one of these cool threads I suddenly have new cool things I need to purchase or obtain. Like 2 knives...

#80 7 years ago

Im hooked on my HK, single sided, front opening knife. No trouble for two years of daily use and one of the best sounds in the world when it opens or closes.

#81 7 years ago

Kershaw speedsafe. $30 and worth every penny.
Kershaw 1605CKTST Clash Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (2-Step Serration) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057R8SSM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Vb8Pyb47E05VZ

#82 7 years ago

Looking for an EDC knife. Is there a concern for carrying in the city (Chicago) and potentially having knife taken away or being charged with deadly weapon charge?

Therefore are there blade length restrictions and features that the pocketknife cannot have (assisted opening, etc.)?

Thanks,
Eric

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Looking for an EDC knife. Is there a concern for carrying in the city (Chicago) and potentially having knife taken away or being charged with deadly weapon charge?
Therefore are there blade length restrictions and features that the pocketknife cannot have (assisted opening, etc.)?
Thanks,
Eric

I'd recommend this one for you.

It's an assisted opener with no "spring" and has a very satisfying opening thunk and the blade is only 2 3/4". The finish is excellent and doesn't intimidate when you're seen opening packages with it. Great knife for $7 or 8 dollars online and isn't really too noticable clipped in a front jean pocket. It has another obvious feature for that "Chicago" atmosphere...ha. I don't know the laws for Chicago specifically but I live in Illinois and have placed it in the hands of an FBI agent and a Illinois State Trooper and both said it's fine to carry. If it were to be taken from you you're really not out much $.
I love it if nothing else for the novelty factor.

MT-A863gr

20170218_082930 (resized).jpg20170218_082930 (resized).jpg
20170218_082940 (resized).jpg20170218_082940 (resized).jpg

#84 7 years ago

Haha, I like the blood splatter treatment. That blade is 3.75", you lost an inch somewhere

Was researching and max blade length is 2.5" around these parts.

Any other suggestions?

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Haha, I like the blood splatter treatment. That blade is 3.75", you lost an inch somewhere
Any other suggestions?

I put a tape measure to the blade itself...2 3/4" and it's not designed as a "stabber."

Here's a really nice edc that won't conflict with any laws anywhere. Totally concealable and unobtrusive. Not an assisted opener.

Beware of Boker fakes for $4 dollars from china, but honestly I have some fakes and they serve their purpose well enough.

20170218_092157 (resized).jpg20170218_092157 (resized).jpg
20170218_092211 (resized).jpg20170218_092211 (resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago

My other favorite is a karambit with a "tiger" blade. Illinois State Trooper approved for my area. When new the assisted action is stiff but after opening and working the action several times it has the fastest most satisfying opening "thunk" of any knife I own. I always get the blood spattered zombie colors if possible as people always overlook its' inherent leathality and refer to it as cute or adorable. Another $7 or 8 dollar knife available online.

ZB-051

20170218_092906 (resized).jpg20170218_092906 (resized).jpg
20170218_092919 (resized).jpg20170218_092919 (resized).jpg

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Any other suggestions?

I saw a discussion on another forum about carrying knives in Chicago. A couple people said to carry around a flat-head screwdriver instead. No restriction on how long those can be. But that was for personal protection, and not everyday use.

#88 7 years ago

That looks interesting. Doubles as a money clip too. Good suggestion.

#89 7 years ago

I see in my future, near the pinball. A room in a house a do not currently own where I can show off my knives.

I started poking around online and this really looks like a live shopping experience. I think one of my collectible swap meets has a weapons guy or 3.

Some of the knives out there are cheap and beautiful.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

After that spoon like "knife" you gave me at the colorado show you have no say in this!
This is my favorite knife ever. Nice pocket clip, flips out easy and the serration is gold when needed. Stays sharp forever. I had the same one all through my boy scouts and then my wife used it after we got married and left it on the back of her car then went to work...sigh.

What is this? I think I may want one...

#92 7 years ago

Great thread. I have a swiss army knife that I carry around in my bag with a few things in it like scissors, 2 blades and that's it. I would like to get another tool knife any suggestions for a newbie? Probably a bad question because there are so many options. I also have a spiderco knife i use when I am in the woods. Too big for daily use.
Thanks

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

You do want one.
amazon.com link »

That is a shit ton cheaper than it looks

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Thanks,
Eric

Chicago is the perfect example of what happens when you make guns illegal. Only the criminals have guns because they do not give a shit about the law.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

You do want one.
amazon.com link »

Looks nice for the money...Im guessing not USA made?

I carried a nice gerber 440 USA made knife for like 20 years (nice sized with good serration) and it was under 50 bucks new. I bent the clip all up and it had a cracked grip, but it was still a great daily knife. I would have replaced it sooner, but when I looked at Gerber stuff, all the ones I found said china, sadly.

For my birthday, a very generous friend at my work (who also loves knives)got me a gift and said time to retire my Gerber. Lol

Love my new assist open USA made Kershaw. Not that I want to complain, but the only odd thing is look at the clip, it makes blade point up! So, I don't use the clip on this one...

KIMG1737 (resized).jpgKIMG1737 (resized).jpg

#96 7 years ago

I carry this one.....my mom took my cool one away because I kept hurting myself on it. If I get in a tuff spot I just thrown it down and start tackling people.

1487611294582549583682 (resized).jpg1487611294582549583682 (resized).jpg

#97 7 years ago

Buck 55. Still have my 110 and prefer the way it fits my hand but for my never without, the 55 does everything I need a pocket knife for.

#98 7 years ago

I bought this one the other day. All carved out of wood and it fully opens and closes. Not sure why it shrunk in the posting but if you click on the resized icon it makes it correct.

John

IMG_0079 (resized).JPGIMG_0079 (resized).JPG

#99 7 years ago

The Infidel by Benchmade.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 6.23.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-20 at 6.23.39 PM (resized).png

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

I carry this one.....my mom took my cool one away because I kept hurting myself on it. If I get in a tuff spot I just thrown it down and start tackling people.

Tiny - you're so silly.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pocket-knives-what-do-you-carry/page/2?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.