Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ahdelarge
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

There are 8 for sale on the front page. With a new pirates movie coming is there a VE in the works?

#2 8 years ago

Haven't heard of anything, but I thought that was interesting as well. 13 POTC for sale just on Pinside, all fairly recent listings within 30 days. SM just had a VE released and only a couple "classics" for sale. Both high production Pins I believe.

#3 8 years ago

I doubt it. I think there was a TOPCast show where Dennis Nordman mentioned the licensing Hell they went through with Disney on that title. Also, the game is really about the second movie.

#4 8 years ago

It is odd that some many POTC pins have been listed for sale lately.

For a while there, you hardly ever see one for sale.

I'm happy w/ my HUO POTC. It's not leaving my collection any time soon.

#5 8 years ago

I think Tron and LOTR (not in that particular order) will happen before another POTC in terms of VE but I do think *eventually* there will be one if they keep making POTC movies.

(I am one person selling one, in full disclosure. ) My personal reason was just making a spot for Ghostbusters, AFM or TOTAN. If my POTC doesn't end up selling, won't be the end of the world - we still enjoy it!

#6 8 years ago

Someone went through and bumped a bunch of them along with a few other listings. I don't thing a pirates VE makes sense though. Namely the price it sells at.

Tron, LOTR, and SM sell for 5k+ in nice routed condition. Those make sense as a VE. You are close to the point where many will just shell out for a brand new machine.

Some argue that pirates is a 3500-4k game, but the routed ones are asking, including mine, mid 4s. Mid 3's puts it in Avatar Pro, WOF, BBH, territory which doesn't make sense etc. They have poor themes or lack code. In the 4k range it is in the same price bracket as FGY, TSPP, IM (came down due to the ve), etc. Ie games most would consider equal.

At this point I have been changing my mind about liking it and chances are I will keep it. Problem is that I kept trying to qualify all 3 multi-balls before starting any. It is a chore. Using kraken and tortuga to get heart makes it a lot more interesting.

#7 8 years ago

Stern has first to announce Ghostbusters, and have to start deliver GOT premiums, and Spider-man VE, there line will be busy. Think it is to soon the speculate on POTC VE.

#8 8 years ago

If SpidermanVE doesn't sell well it may be a long time between VEs?
I think Stern may of being testing the full featured pros with that one, seeing it may of been one of the cheapest to remake.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from fatbeerdrinker:

If SpidermanVE doesn't sell well it may be a long time between VEs?
I think Stern may of being testing the full featured pros with that one, seeing it may of been one of the cheapest to remake.

Can't see SMVE selling huge numbers in Australia, the price tag is ridiculous.

#10 8 years ago

There is no POTC vault. It's been said within the Stern circles that the game would be too much to produce in current form with how many gadgets and toys that are in the game.

That and the rumor that JJP may be doing a game based on the 2017 film and back catalog as a future release.

#11 8 years ago

Yeah I'd be shocked if they did. Prices on POTC appear to be going down a bit making it seem like the demand just is not there on this title.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yeah I'd be shocked if they did. Prices on POTC appear to be going down a bit making it seem like the demand just is not there on this title.

Simply because a bunch have hit the market at roughly the same time - it happens. Saw the same thing with WPT - a drought for a few months, then all of a sudden 4-5 being listed within 30 days. POTC seems to be the same way - you'll go a while without seeing any for sale, and then a few come at the same time.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There is no POTC vault. It's been said within the Stern circles that the game would be too much to produce in current form with how many gadgets and toys that are in the game.

That and the rumor that JJP may be doing a game based on the 2017 film and back catalog as a future release.

Now that's one I haven't heard before. interesting.

#14 8 years ago

it's just collection turnover.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Now that's one I haven't heard before. interesting.

Interesting and bizarro. I thought Stern's game did the theme justice. Great toys and supposed to be a good game from the majority of reports.

As far as re-making the theme so soon. I wasn't a fan of the theme to begin with and wouldn't get excited about them taking two years to make a new one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/po and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.