(Topic ID: 22916)

pmWolf Arcade Party (Pictures, insane Audits)(and now CEILING INFO)

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8444_1280x960.jpg
    IMG_8435_1280x960.jpg
    IMG_8432_1280x960.jpg
    IMG_8464_1280x960.jpg
    IMG_8461_1280x960.jpg
    IMG_8452_1280x960.jpg
    IMG_7792_1400x1050.JPG
    IMG_8393_1400x1050.JPG
    IMG_7786_788x1050.JPG
    theBestTime.jpg
    IMG_8392_1400x1050.JPG
    IMG_8383_1400x1050.JPG
    IMG_7791_788x1050.JPG
    IMG_7617.JPG
    IMG_7713_1400x1050.JPG
    IMG_8349_1400x1050.JPG
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

That picture makes it look like I have a freakishly long arm.

I can't un-see that. Thanks Pete!

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

That picture makes it look like I have a freakishly long arm

Lol

#53 11 years ago

Wow, that really is a freakishly long arm! Great party, Maria and I had an awesome time. You can add one play to 911 (I just love stats). If you think Jeff poking around your TAF is offensive, you should have seen what he poked into the chocolate fountain

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from HumanFemale:

LOL, Post a picture of yourself and we'll talk

Pete is much better looking than me and has a much BIGGER... collection than I do...

Mental Note >>> I should be sure to never bring my wife to PMWolfs house or he may end up the one with 2 pinball wives

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

you should have seen what he poked into the chocolate fountain

"If it is gonna be that kind of party I'm gonna stick my $#*! in the mash potatoes"

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from GR8pinball:

Pete looks like he is having a great time! []

GR8pinball, that's probably a safe bet.

Quoted from pmWolf:

[]

Are you saying that Erin has man-hands? ...or that you're getting a bit dainty in your old age?

Quoted from GR8pinball:

And it looks like you are more of a ladies man than Ryan!

GR8pinball, I think you just made Pete's millennium.

Quoted from pmWolf:

And really, that's all that matters.

=)

Confirmed.

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#57 11 years ago

Wow Pmwolf's collection of pinballs and video games is better than any arcade I have ever been to. Great setup!

#58 11 years ago

Screw flying to Mars, I dig the lighting in these rooms.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from vster23:

Wow Pmwolf's collection of pinballs and video games is better than any arcade I have ever been to. Great setup!

Really is amazing.

PmWolf: Can I ask why no STTNG owned now, in the past, or wishlisted? Do you hate it? Pretty much everything else is in there somewhere!

#60 11 years ago

I'm blown away by the pictures, such a pity I live so far away from you! I still worship my own small gameroom, but you must feel so lucky with this all!

Great thing you give a superb example of how the ultimate gameroom should be

#61 11 years ago

wow, what a party! You are one lucky guy!

#62 11 years ago

Uber jealous I missed this. Looks like a great time and an awesome assortment of games.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

LOL - it DOES!!! ...great pics, thanks for posting 'em. Looks like everyone had a blast!

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from muttonboy:

Really is amazing.
    PmWolf: Can I ask why no STTNG owned now, in the past, or wishlisted? Do you hate it? Pretty much everything else is in there somewhere!

I don't hate the game...the theme just doesn't 'work' for me or my wife. I certainly see why some absolutely love it...the game has got a lot going for it.

Personally, I just feel that there are 20 Bally/Williams DMDs that are better...so that's what I have in the collection. If I had space for one more, I'd be taking a close look at Whitewater or CFTBL...but STTNG would be in if I had room for 5 more Bally/Williams. (Maybe).

As soon as my wife lets me add on to the house again...

#65 11 years ago

Pm wolf your collection and set up is amazing. What a incredible place.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

If I had space for one more, I'd be taking a close look at Whitewater or CFTBL...but STTNG would be in if I had room for 5 more Bally/Williams. (Maybe).

Ditch the vids!

#67 11 years ago

I will gladly dispose of that Tempest for you
    Thanks for hosting such a great shin-dig!

#68 11 years ago

The pinball glass on the ceiling combined with the lighting looks amazing! Would love to know how you got that up there in a manner that doesn't have you constantly concerned with it crashing down...

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Love the ceiling Wolf! Can you take more pics of it.

Well, here are some more pics of the ceiling. I'll throw up some information in the next post...

Backglasses are lit with LED rope light. It was the best option to light up that much area without breaking the bank or the circuits. It's not ideal, but it does look better in person than it does on camera.

IMG_8452_1280x960.jpgIMG_8452_1280x960.jpg IMG_8461_1280x960.jpgIMG_8461_1280x960.jpg IMG_8464_1280x960.jpgIMG_8464_1280x960.jpg

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from wontwa:

The pinball glass on the ceiling combined with the lighting looks amazing! Would love to know how you got that up there in a manner that doesn't have you constantly concerned with it crashing down...

Well, it is all a wooden railing system where it is nearly impossible for the glasses to come out. (They will come out if you throw a rock at them).

In the attached pic below, you can see where we created openings (entrance slots) to get the glasses in. Once in, there isn't enough room side-to-side for them to come out.

(The run on the left is 26" wide...perfect for Gottlieb system 1 stuff, or Bally/Williams/Stern backglasses turned sideways (25.5"). The run on the right is 28.5" wide....perfect for Bally/Williams/Stern/Gameplan stuff).

In the odd case that a glass lines up perfectly with the "entrance slot"...it would have the opportunity to slide free since there is only a barrier on ONE side. In these cases, we put in tacks to act as a second barrier.

There is NO side-to-side movement at all for the glasses. They can not come out.

The Playfields do not have "entrance slots". They are a tight fit...you have to slant it to get it past the lip of the railing system. There is just enough ceiling height to allow the playfield in. Once flattened, there is no side-to-side movement possible.

So, that's the story.

Pete

IMG_8432_1280x960.jpgIMG_8432_1280x960.jpg IMG_8435_1280x960.jpgIMG_8435_1280x960.jpg IMG_8444_1280x960.jpgIMG_8444_1280x960.jpg

#71 11 years ago

You could sell the ceiling alone and buy the next 10 LE machines =-)

Very nice gameroom.

#72 11 years ago

Pete,

Can you tell me where you got the carpet (in the pinball section) from? I want it! My guess is that it is pretty expensive, right?

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from knapejor:

Pete,
    Can you tell me where you got the carpet (in the pinball section) from? I want it! My guess is that it is pretty expensive, right?

http://astrocarpetmills.com/

The name of ours was 'Starz', and oddly enough, it wasn't too expensive. It was in line with any carpet I've bought before. (I wish I could remember the exact price...).

#74 11 years ago

Great party Pete! I had a great time! Played a ton of games I never really had the chance to play outside of your collection. The thing that amazed me more than anything is how many machines kept going without problems the entire night. I know for the most part the Sterns would hold up since they are newer, but most of the others kept going through a 7 hour party.

Next year I want to meet more of you pinsiders while I'm there. I knew 7-8 of the people there but would love to get to know more collectors.

#75 11 years ago

Did you have all the play fields and back glasses all ready or did you buy them all? I would assume you had a bunch lying around from all the various work you have had to do over the years to keep a 50+ pin stable up and running.

I plan on doing a astrocarpet in my forth coming pin basement as well. It fits well.

Btw during the zombie apocalypse im going to make a b line for the pin-bunker. Ill sleep under the pins you'll never notice

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

http://astrocarpetmills.com/
    The name of ours was 'Starz', and oddly enough, it wasn't too expensive. It was in line with any carpet I've bought before. (I wish I could remember the exact price...).

Thanks so much! I sent them an e-mail, I hope they ship overseas, and the shipping is affordable!

#77 11 years ago

Love the ceiling. How did you find all those playfields?

I realize I need a bigger house.

You must have a awesome tool collection to be able to maintain this. Also how did you get those all in your basement?

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffsgames:

Next year I want to meet more of you pinsiders while I'm there. I knew 7-8 of the people there but would love to get to know more collectors.

Amen, Jeff. I feel the same way you do. I knew several folks there, but would have liked to have met more people too. I look just like my avatar, so feel free to introduce yourself next year. ...or even in October (will you be at Expo?)!

Best,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#79 11 years ago

Surprised not to see ACDC in the lineup. It would be up there in the play count.

#80 11 years ago

Elevator. When talking to Pete if i remember right he does not like acdc GASP go beat him up and burn his house down!

#81 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do the audits.
    I do think they show what people really like even if lots of people will not admit it.

"For reference, last year we had 57 people (around 76-80 this
    year)...and the top 5 leaders were MM at 52 plays, CC at 51, IJ
    (Stern) at 38, BBB at 38, and Avatar at 31.

This year (Party went from 5pm until midnight):
    TRON LE 100
    X-Men:LE 81
    Iron Man 75
    Medieval Madness 63
    Transformers:LE:DE 56
    Pirates of the Caribbean 54
    Attack from Mars 49
    CSI 49
    Cactus Canyon 48
    Champion Pub 43
    Batman (Stern) 41
    Indiana Jones (Stern) 40
    Monster Bash 39
    Spider-Man 39
    Lord of the Rings 39
    The Simpsons Pinball Party 38
    Banzai Run 37
    Family Guy 37
    Big Bang Bar 36
    Scared Stiff 35
    Demolition Man 35
    Batman Forever 35
    Star Wars:DE 34
    Batman (Data East) 32
    Tales of the Arabian Nights 30
    Jurassic Park 29
    Pinball Magic 28
    Theatre of Magic 27
    World Poker Tour 26
    Shadow 25
    Funhouse 24
    Bride of Pinbot 24
    The Addams Family 23"

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Did you have all the play fields and back glasses all ready or did you buy them all? I would assume you had a bunch lying around from all the various work you have had to do over the years to keep a 50+ pin stable up and running.

Btw during the zombie apocalypse im going to make a b line for the pin-bunker. Ill sleep under the pins you'll never notice

I had SOME playfields and backglasses, but didn't aggressively work to get it finished until May. I owe a lot to my wife, who helped strip a lot of playfields (as seen in a previous post of hers). It did take a drive to Kentucky, and a drive to Pittsburgh to find some bulk deals.

And yes, welcome to the pin-bunker when the Zombie Apocolypse hits. If the power goes off...we're screwed, though.

Quoted from Av8:

Also how did you get those all in your basement?

When we added on to the house, I made sure to put an elevator into the plans. I'm not going to be young forever, and hauling these things up and down the stairs was getting old. (Hey, they're heavy!)

Take a look at the lamest youtube video ever, my elevator:

#83 11 years ago

"Take a look at the lamest youtube video ever, my elevator:"

Best YouTube video, ever!

#84 11 years ago

that elevator is Freak-in kick A$$!

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Surprised not to see ACDC in the lineup. It would be up there in the play count.

Sorry, man. I just don't like AC/DC at all. The theme does nothing for me, and I can't get into it.

I'm not trying to dog the game...I understand why people like it. The shots feel nice and solid, and I think the bell is pretty cool.

I do not like the lower playfield at all. You hit the shots, and they re-light and you hit them again. Then you hit them again. It seems wasted to me...I'd rather see something like "Stewie Pinball" in Family Guy where you are working toward a goal, like a cool multiball or something. Right now, the AC/DC lower playfield just has nothing about it outside of batting a ball around for points...on a timer.

I've played it about 50 times so far (Pro's and LE's), and would never own one. Sorry, it's a personal preference thing. I think it is a fine game, and would recommend it to anyone that was a fan of AC/DC.

I'm sure it is the same for a non-comic fan when they look at X-Men or the prospects of Avengers.

Pete

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

"Take a look at the lamest youtube video ever, my elevator:"
    Best YouTube video, ever!

Quoted from bpull:

that elevator is Freak-in kick A$$!

You guys are crazy. Just remember, there is a part 2 and a part 3 of that video....in case you wanted more gripping elevator footage.

Pete

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Take a look at the lamest youtube video ever, my elevator

The elevator is pretty cool.

#88 11 years ago

i can't believe your place .. that is SUPER AWESOME .. . . lucky man .

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I had SOME playfields and backglasses, but didn't aggressively work to get it finished until May. I owe a lot to my wife, who helped strip a lot of playfields (as seen in a previous post of hers). It did take a drive to Kentucky, and a drive to Pittsburgh to find some bulk deals.
    And yes, welcome to the pin-bunker when the Zombie Apocolypse hits. If the power goes off...we're screwed, though.

When we added on to the house, I made sure to put an elevator into the plans. I'm not going to be young forever, and hauling these things up and down the stairs was getting old. (Hey, they're heavy!)
    Take a look at the lamest youtube video ever, my elevator: » YouTube video

i think that youtube may go viral .. i'm speechless .. what a brilliant idea

#90 11 years ago

I would never work

#91 11 years ago

Pete, that must be a huge house you own!?! I need to sell my shoe box and get something like yours. My wishlist is a mile long, and I only have room for one more.

I think the combo of pins and arcade games is awesome. I now know what my heaven looks like.

If you're every looking for one more for your party, count me in. Of course I'll bring plenty of beer.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from gjbwalker:

If you're every looking for one more for your party, count me in. Of course I'll bring plenty of beer.

Better email me at [email protected] to get on the list.

That's a heck of a drive for you, though...

Pete

#93 11 years ago

If you wanna travel to Pete's, there is still Dayhuff's party in Battle Creek this fall. Here's a vid of John's party last year:

Here's Pete's collection again if you missed it...

#94 11 years ago

Awesome collections here.
    That video makes me miss my Nip-It a bit.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmwolf-arcade-party-pictures-details-and-insane-audits/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.